Sonic Lost World Revealed

Jedi

After the successes of Unleashed, Colours/Colors, and Generarions. Sega is now working on their newest Sonic game for the Wii U and 3DS.

It's looking promising, and a little like the old canceled Sonic Xtreme in some ways. Looks fun and it may be my jumping on point to the Wii U alongside Smash 4.

The Wall running ability looks fun to use, reminds me of SA1 where you could do that freely. Also do I see a lack of boost? That's interesting. Then again parts do look like a smaller scale boost.

I would like no extreme anti-sonic bias in this thread if you please. Because I know how some people get when Sonic is even mentioned in some places.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sonic sux 0/10

This looks very promising. I'm not a huge fan of Sonic, but I have to say, I could pick this up. Reminds me of the GBA Sonics, which were my favorites.

Edited by Zeem

With this game being Nintendo exclusive there might be a chance Sonic will return for the next Smash Bros.That aside, it looks promising. The colorful environments and graphics are nice. It's a great start for Sega to get the blue hedgehog on his toes again. Also there's a extreme lack of Eggman/Robotnik.

Edited by Majestic Paladin

Also there's a extreme lack of Eggman/Robotnik.

It could be our odd Link's Awakening or Majora's Mask in that case for Sonic. Just one game without the main bad guy wouldn't hurt after all. Even if they do play off each other well [just look at Colours/Colors and various other examples] but he may show up anyways.

First impression:

It feels like Super Sonic Galaxy. xD

No seriously, reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy.

*looks at youtube comments*

*looks up stuff on google*

Well, it does look like that "Sonic X-treme" game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

A hype is I.

I've been wanting more re-occurring villans than just Eggman for a while now, so I hope these guys aren't just bland bad guys that only appear once like every other non-Eggman villan.

First impression:

It feels like Super Sonic Galaxy. xD

No seriously, reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy.

*looks at youtube comments*

*looks up stuff on google*

Well, it does look like that "Sonic X-treme" game.

I can see where the Galaxy vibes are coming from haha. Maybe it's X-TREMELY Galaxy :P: Then again not really in SPACE

A hype is I.

I've been wanting more re-occurring villans than just Eggman for a while now, so I hope these guys aren't just bland bad guys that only appear once like every other non-Eggman villan.

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY HYPE

It would be nice yeah. I hope they do well, other then Metal Sonic we don't really have a re-occurring dude unless you semi count the Generations boss fights xD

Neither was galaxy 2...

Haha

Edited by Jedi

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY HYPE

It would be nice yeah. I hope they do well, other then Metal Sonic we don't really have a re-occurring dude unless you semi count the Generations boss fights xD

I suppose Metal Sonic kind of counts, but he was only the main villan for one game(which is a bit surprising given his popularity), he's working for Eggman in every other game he's in.

I suppose Metal Sonic kind of counts, but he was only the main villan for one game(which is a bit surprising given his popularity), he's working for Eggman in every other game he's in.

That is very true but he does appear in lemme count.. Not gonna count Silver [sonic 2 Robot before the final boss] or Mecha Sonic. [Fought in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and is a main villian in the flash series Super Mario Bros Z]

CD, Knuckles Chaotix, Heroes, Rivals, Rivals 2, Sonic 4 Episode 2, Generations some Spinoffs

Cameos in Sonic Adventure 1 DX as a hidden playable character, SA2 as a mulitplayer character.

Mentioned in Sonic Battle

Wow I just nerded there. My bad

That is very true but he does appear in lemme count.. Not gonna count Silver [sonic 2 Robot before the final boss] or Mecha Sonic. [Fought in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and is a main villian in the flash series Super Mario Bros Z]

CD, Knuckles Chaotix, Heroes, Rivals, Rivals 2, Sonic 4 Episode 2, Generations some Spinoffs

Cameos in Sonic Adventure 1 DX as a hidden playable character, SA2 as a mulitplayer character.

Mentioned in Sonic Battle

Wow I just nerded there. My bad

...And he's only the main villan in one of those games.

I watch Brainscratchcomms, so I'm used to people nerding out over sonic games XD

Edited by David the SecondWorld

...And he's only the main villan in one of those games.

I watch Brainscrathcomms, so I'm used to people nerding out over sonic games XD

BUT Still he shows up! I count that haha.

Hey I wonder how long it'll take them to make an impressions video?

Edited by Jedi

This is just now being made, huh.

I'm excited for this, but not as much since Tails isn't playable grr grr. Oh, Eggman is in the game by the way. Just not as threatening apparently. Looking forward to this amg.

This is just now being made, huh.

I'm excited for this, but not as much since Tails isn't playable grr grr. Oh, Eggman is in the game by the way. Just not as threatening apparently. Looking forward to this amg.

Aww that's a shame. I miss the days of playing as Tails.. Or Knuckles. Or Shadow. or Blaze for that matter.

Alright I guess I just didn't see articles or anything before hand, sorry I didn't mention Eggman haha. All I knew about the game was that it was getting a trailer today. One of my lazier moments of being a Sonic fan I suppose

I'm not a huge fan of Sonic, in all honesty I don't really like any of the newer games I've played, I like the older ones a lot more. Colors bored me and Generations looked bland but this looks like it could be pretty decent. I also think I'm the only guy who likes Big the Cat

I'm not a huge fan of Sonic, in all honesty I don't really like any of the newer games I've played, I like the older ones a lot more. Colors bored me and Generations looked bland but this looks like it could be pretty decent. I also think I'm the only guy who likes Big the Cat

I shall respect your opinion I loved Colors and Generations and of course just about every game previously [been a fan of the series since I was 3 for crying out loud] but hey to each his/her own.

Big the Cat is ok. I'm just not a fan of his fishing levels in SA1, I liked him in Heroes. [Fun fact he used to be voiced by Duke Nukem]

Edited by Jedi

I shall respect your opinion I loved Colors and Generations and of course just about every game previously [been a fan of the series since I was 3 for crying out loud] but hey to each his/her own.

Big the Cat is ok. I'm just not a fan of his fishing levels in SA1, I liked him in Heroes. [Fun fact he used to be voiced by Duke Nukem]

It's not that I thought they were bad, I just got bored reeeeeeaaaally quickly with them. Don't know why. So my enjoyment went way down because of it.

I've never heard of Duke Nukem... Is he important?

first off I'm not a baka jedi
This is EXTREMELY exciting ((c wut i did thair)) and I'm very interested in it. I wonder what they'll do with boost. The game is obviously still in a beta stage, just look at the lack of ring counter/life/anything on the screen. I'm hoping they'll bring it back, but we'll have to see if they implement something new in instead. Also, Flickies still exist?

first off I'm not a baka jedi

This is EXTREMELY exciting ((c wut i did thair)) and I'm very interested in it. I wonder what they'll do with boost. The game is obviously still in a beta stage, just look at the lack of ring counter/life/anything on the screen. I'm hoping they'll bring it back, but we'll have to see if they implement something new in instead. Also, Flickies still exist?

Remember in Generations they popped back into the series out of nowhere in the Break the Capsule Missions :P

So Baka

yeah but that was noncanon

Yeah, I know what you mean, but they were kind of there as a little bonus mission thing you didn't even have to do.

N-no!

Edited by Aversa

yeah but that was noncanon

Yeah, I know what you mean, but they were kind of there as a little bonus mission thing you didn't even have to do.

[/s]N-no![/s]

I think they still had the models and were like why not. Let's have them come back in Lost World.

Strike through properly