Trick to emotion creating?

ogsters

Hi everyone! So, I am creating portraits for my characters in my hack at the moment, though I keep on having problems creating the emotional eyes and mouths on the bottom and the right. Does anyone know a certain trick to create mouths and eyes that align correctly?

Moved to hacking questions.

Do you mean that the frames are off in-game or you're having trouble spriting the frames themselves? If the first then make sure that you've sheeted the mugshot correctly.

Hackbox:

http://puu.sh/369EJ.png

Example of a portrait in it:

http://puu.sh/369Kp.png

You need to place your sprite in the tiled part and copy a 32x32 area that has the mouth and eyes in it, then cut it in half (so that the eyes are in a 32x16 block and the mouth is in 32x16 block).

(You can also use a program like usenti to copy a 32x32 section.)

No I am having trouble spriting them. :>_<: I always have to fiddle with them, and can never get it right. It always darkens the face outline, and changes the head shape.

You don't need to have eyes and mouths align, since emote portraits need to be inserted separately, anyway. You might as well do a good job of it rather than making half-assed eyebrow wiggles.

If you're good at it, then it's as simple as redrawing and re-spriting it.

Personally, I prefer to move sections of the portraits around, then just fix the shading from there. The only examples I have are [ this ] and a [ WIP ]

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·