What is Your Favorite 2 Skill Combination?

Laurent

If you can choose any two skills that work well together for a unit what would your favorite combination be?

If you can, describe what unit would make the best use of those skills and what enemies the combination would be most effective against.

Assume that the other three skills are All Stats+2, Discipline, and Limit Break. (Yes, I realize not all units can get them)

Please don't use Rightful King as one of the skills....:(

If you would like, take a look at the Skill Combinations suggested by others in the

Your Recommended Skill Combinations section at the bottom of this post! (it's fairly lengthy as of now)

Here are some examples of Two Skill Combinations:

068.png052.png Lifetaker-Galeforce: Useful for any unit with high Attack and a good weapon; restores up to 100% HP

018.png012.png Pavise-Aegis: Useful for any unit with high skill (particularly those with poor defenses); gives extra durability

012.png030.png Aegis-Counter: Good for units with high Defense, Skill and HP; weakens effect of magic, bow, and dragonstone, while dealing back damage to (rng 1) sword, lance, axe, beaststone users.

025.png065.png Sol-Vengeance: Good for hard-hitting, but fragile, units (ie: Cordelia as Sorcerer); if Sol doesn't activate to heal, Vengeance should prevent an enemy counterattack from felling the unit at low HP.

I am particularly fond of the last one.

So, anyone have any ideas or strategies involving a pair of skills?

Edit: Your Recommended Skill Combinations (Anyone think ranking them is a good idea?)

I put links to the posts where there are reasons for using the skill combinations. If the skill pair was listed in a post but not explained, there won't be a link to a post.

068.png025.png

explanation: #2

recommended for:

068.png052.png

explanation: #1

recommended for:

020.png065.png

explanation: #13

recommended for:

031.png052.png

explanation: #5

recommended for:

018.png012.png

explanation: #1 #6

recommended for:

052.png005.png

explanation:

recommended for:

030.png065.png

explanation: #24

recommended for: Streetpass team characters (by #24)

052.png093.png

explanation:

recommended for:

020.png033.png

explanation:

recommended for:

013.png021.png

explanation:

recommended for: Stahl (by #12)

PhkTnTt.pngkkPJgpA.png

explanation: #14

recommended for:

JXJtHPk.pngyWeqQgk.png
explanation:

recommended for: wielders of 2MAjuFr.png (by #14)

S8RVO1i.pngDQkhbTv.png
explanation:

recommended for: Donnel and his children

oC4235j.pngzscDFnP.png
explanation:

recommended for: Gerome (by #14)

peFLr5o.pngZfTtTEa.png

explanation:

recommended for:

020.png025.png

explanation:

recommended for:

090.png008.png

explanation: #18

recommended for:

072.png048.png

explanation: #20

recommended for:

042.png057.png

recommended for:

065.png068.png
explanation:

recommended for:

056.png034.png/ 058.png022.png/ 026.png050.png

recommended for:

066.png040.png

recommended for:

009.png023.png

recommended for:

085.png062.png

recommended for: Aversa!Morgan, DLC Micaiah and DLC Katarina (by #20)

032.png060.png

recommended for:

045.png&081.png/ 083.png

recommended for: dragons and bunnies manaketes and taguels

031.png079.png

recommended for: Inigo with leif.png (by #20)

046.png044.png

explanation:

recommended for: Cavalry Classes (by #25)

045.png055.png

explanation: #25

recommended for:

093.png001.png

recommended for:

092.png014.png

recommended for:

018.png066.png

explanation:

recommended for:

099.png056.png

recommended for: Wyvern Lords (by #25)

022.png076.png

recommended for: Swordmaster with solkatti.png (by #25)

090.png051.png

recommended for:

002.png091.png

explanation:

recommended for:

005.png098.png

explanation:

recommended for:

003.png&013.png/025.png

explanation: pros: #28 #40 cons: #42

recommended for:

057.png044.png

explanation: #33

recommended for:

Edited by Laurent

Assume that the other three skills are All Stats+2, Discipline, and Limit Break.

Why the heck would I want to use Discipline

Anyway, I quite like Despoil + Galeforce for lots o' money. Who needs the Golden Gaffe anyway?

• PhkTnTt.png+kkPJgpA.png activating against 4Drg0bG.png Recommended for Streetpass Morgan with high Luck
  • JXJtHPk.png+yWeqQgk.png equipped with 2MAjuFr.png Recommended for units with high Skill and access to VymfaG0.png as well
  • S8RVO1i.png+DQkhbTv.png (If only there was an Aptitude manual >.<)
  • QhnT4w5.png+4Drg0bG.png For an Olivia mothered Lucina to make the most of Rightful King.
  • HzIVKCi.png+zMYYU05.pngoreLQqqFX.png (because you know Lunatic+ Grima is redundant like that)
  • oC4235j.png+zscDFnP.png (Gerome is a good pair up partner for my daughteru!)
  • peFLr5o.png+ZfTtTEa.png For Chrom to dish out the pain.

Edit: All of my skills combinations assume Limit Breaker is equipped.

• VymfaG0.png+6aLBE8J.png equipped with ZqEoURh.png for more Ks7v90i.png !

Second Edit: I uploaded all of the skill icons here on a single imgur album for everyone's image posting conveniency.

Third Edit: Recommended characters.

Edited by Ƶerker

• 072.png + 048.png 50% HP restored every turn. Good on solo maps. Recommended for: F!Avatar, Lissa, Maribelle, Emmeryn, Sumia, any child that can inherit Cleric and Pegasus Knight classes, or that can inherit Relief.
  • 042.png + 057.png Coupled with a mounted unit that has used boots.png grants 12-13 movement. Recommended for: Avatar, Lon'qu, Panne, any child that inherits Thief and Wyvern Rider class sets.
  • 065.png + 068.png Another reason Nosferatank-Sorcerers are broken. Recommended for: Avatar, Tharja, Henry, Gangrel, Aversa, Libra, Cordelia, Severa, Laurent, and any other child that inherits Dark Mage.
  • 056.png + 034.png Can I get a "hell yeah" for busting the weapon triangle? Recommended for: M!Avatar, any child that gets Wyvern Rider and Barbarian classes, or that can inherit Axefaire.
  • 058.png + 022.png ^ Recommended for: Avatar, Say'ri, Yen'fay, Lon'qu, any child that gets Wyvern Rider and Myrmidon classes.
  • 026.png + 050.png ^ Recommended for: F!Avatar, Cordelia, Severa, any child that can inherit Mercenary and Pegasus Knight classes, or that can inherit Lancefaire.
  • 066.png + 040.png Ranged attacks won't touch you. Recommended for: Avatar, Tharja, Noire, Morgan, Severa, Cordelia, any child that inherits Dark Mage & Archer/Mercenary classes.
  • 009.png + 023.png Good for weapon level grinding. Recommended for: Avatar, Morgan, any child that gets Mercenary and Cavalier classes.
  • 085.png + 062.png Gives tome-wielding classes more of an advantage. Recommended for: Aversa!Morgan, DLC!Micaiah, DLC!Katarina
  • 032.png + 060.png Coupled with a maxed-out Killer weapon or Ruin tome, you'll be practically unstoppable solo. Recommended for: M!Avatar, M!Morgan, Laurent, any children that get Barbarian and Mage classes.
  • 045.png + 081.png/083.png At least enemies will miss you quite often. Recommended for: Panne, Yarne, Nah (if she inherits Thief class), Panne!Morgan, Nowi!Morgan.
  • 031.png + 079.png Used with a leif.png can give a good amount of money. Recommended for: Inigo, Olivia!Morgan.

EDIT: Oh, I guess you need recommendations for units who can use these combos? Well, here you go!

Edited by Karaszure

checks the weapon your dude is equipping and grabs one of 056.png026.png058.png040.png066.png

your move

lol this could go on forever

• 031.png + 079.png Used with a leif.png can give a good amount of money. Would only work on Inigo, though.

Despoil is redundant if Leif's Blade is already equipped.

Counter/Vengeance

030.png&065.png

explanation: I jokingly call this combo "Love is Revenge". This combo isn't useful in the main game, or to the player at all really-- it's strictly a gag. But it punishes Range 1 Attackers oh so well. Simply put it causes any attacker (provided they don't kill on initiate) to take 1.5x+ the damage they dealt. Vengeance can easily hit 100% activation, and given the right circumstances this combo quickly becomes the death of the unwary. It was the theme of one of my more deadly streetpass teams-- for good reason. Adding in Miracle only increases its potency.

recommended for: Streetpass Teams

Rightful King + Lethality - I love this combo so much

Acrobat + Pass - On cavalry classes like Dark Knight/Paladin/Great Knight/Bow Knight

Lucky Seven + Quick Burn - Good dodge/hit

Aggressor + Dual Strike+ - Stronger support attack

Res+10 + Dual Guard+ - Higher Block against Magic

Pavise + Tomebreaker - Tanker

Iote's Shield + Swordbreaker - Remove weakness from Wyvern Lord

Swordfaire + Dual Support+ - With Sol Katti as swordmaster will ensure high chance critical from support.

Rally Heart + Rally Movement - +2 movement to all other units

Charm + Bond - Team boost

Veteran + Paragon - This counts?