Serenes Forest Theme Banner Contest

Jyosua

The whole point of a prize is to encourage people to do something, not discourage them. -_-

What if you really want someone kicked?

But seriously, as the only person on these forums who doesn't own FE13, this contest seems like a pretty cool idea...It's a shame I can't art though, but good luck to all of those who can!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the artbook is a good idea for the prize, especially since it is geared towards "graphic artists" after all. I also like the idea of offering multiple prizes of merchandize that is rare or hard to get. I agree with both the arguments against giving awakening as a prize and against a generic monetary prize. Although, Awakening might be a good prize for people who live in regions where it isn't readily accessible, like that guy in Brazil. Maybe it could be one of the options...

Just my two cents.

I think the artbook is a good idea for the prize, especially since it is geared towards "graphic artists" after all. I also like the idea of offering multiple prizes of merchandize that is rare or hard to get. I agree with both the arguments against giving awakening as a prize and against a generic monetary prize. Although, Awakening might be a good prize for people who live in regions where it isn't readily accessible, like that guy in Brazil. Maybe it could be one of the options...

Just my two cents.

You could just allow us to pick one of the prizes. I'd be very satisfied with a copy of FEA, since there is none here for some reason (well, there are copies, but they're rare and far too expensive, no less than 100 dollars). The problem will be shipping, of course. We'd need to sort this out if I win.

Because

1. Money prizes are generic, boring and forgettable

2. The runner-ups' banners won't be used for anything

3. 10 bucks = nothing

Either way, I think you should at least add the artbook alternate prize to the first post, Jyo

Edited by OldMan

I'm interested in this, but I have a question regarding the price. Since I live in Brazil and there are no copies of FEA around here, are you going to ship it or just send me 50 USD so I can buy the digital copy (if I win, of course)?

And it's been a looong time since I actually do something with Photoshop, this will be tough. =P

I can send you a code for Nintendo eShop monies, if that's the way you'd prefer to obtain the game. That's perfectly acceptable!

As far as the artbook, I'm still deciding what to do about that. That would cost $55 USD to buy and ship it in the slowest means possible. That also means it will take a month to get to the winner, with no tracking either because lolinternationalshipping. Not to mention, depending on the country, the winner may need to pay taxes.

I see, so there's that issue

Regardless, it might be wise to leave some kind of alternative clause in the opening post

Even if it's something like "if the winner already has Awakening and doesn't want another copy, we can discuss the possibility of an alternate FE-related prize"

or "we're discussing alternate prizes for those who already have Awakening"

or whatever

Gotta get 'em hooked, etc.

Can you ship it (the prize) to Asia?

And can the banner be a hand-drawn art? Because I suck at Photoshop and editing things :P Can I just draw the pic and leave the editing to someone?

And by banner, you mean the head banner (the one on the top) or the whole background theme for the page?

PS : I think it's better that the prize is an art book (Knight of Iris, etc), considering most people here owned a copy of the game and don't want another.

As The End suggested, I added a line saying that we can work out an alternative prize if the winner doesn't want another copy of the game. That way it's open ended and we can still hopefully provide an FE-related prize. That said, the ~$50 limit will still apply.

1) It probably depends where in asia, but most likely. If not, a digital copy is a possibility.

2) It can, but I'd recommend you get someone to help you edit it. It needs to include the title of the forums.

3) A banner is a banner. Not a background, but a banner. Yes, where it says Serenes Forest Forums.

You can, but as The End said: it's probably not as good of an idea as you might think.

What file format the banner would be? JPG? PNG?

Could I use (smaller size) animated GIF as well?

(sorry been inactive for quite a while since the last script submission. . . :P: )

Oooh so we can draw stuff?! Surely more people will want to submit, then...

I'm guessing staff members are not allowed to participate, in case of bias? What about an admin's sister? Is she allowed to participate? She understands if she can't, but she probably likes these kinds of competitions and is interested in whipping up a banner.

Oooh so we can draw stuff?! Surely more people will want to submit, then...

I'm guessing staff members are not allowed to participate, in case of bias? What about an admin's sister? Is she allowed to participate? She understands if she can't, but she probably likes these kinds of competitions and is interested in whipping up a banner.

It's not like there won't be bias for other participants as well (I'm not saying there is, I'm just saying there could be). And Vincent is just one person, so his single vote wouldn't make a huge difference. If you were to win, you'd win for your talent alone.

But that's just me.

Talking about submissions, the deadline is tomorrow.

How many so far, Jyo? I hope you won't need to extend it because there were too few.