Best possible team discovered

Chiki

I think I've found the trick to making a ridiculously powerful team to take on Apeotheosis--both normal route and secret route. This team trivializes Apeotheosis so much that your units are barely in any trouble of dying. What's the answer to this trick? You've guessed it--Galeforce.

Why is Galeforce so good for Apeotheosis? Well, it isn't for cutting turns. What it does is it actually negates the enemy phase, or at least shortens it so that the enemy can barely do a thing to you. I have 13 Galeforcers users out of 20, and I can kill a ridiculous amount of enemies--which prevents me from getting killed at all. It makes me invincible and allows me to clear the secret route of Apeotheosis in just a few turns. I literally cruised through the secret route on my first try because it was so easy.

Aversa's Night is overrated. Sol is overrated. All that matters is being able to kill enemies before they can even attack you. Offense is what's important, not defense. Defense can't even make you invincible, because then you're vulnerable to Longbow Snipers and skill activations. A good offense, however, thanks to Galeforce, literally can make you invincible.

Pairings

Sumia x Chrom
Cherche x Frederick
Sully x Vaike
Maribelle x Henry
Miriel x Gregor
Tharja x Gaius
Cordelia x Lon'qu
Olivia x Libra
Lissa x Ricken
Nowi x Donnel
Panne x Stahl

Most pairs of the team works as follows: there is a tank and a supporter. The supporter always has Dual Guard+.

I may consider reclassing the Sorcerers into Dark Knights or something and have them use Celica's Gale, but Waste is really powerful and Aversa's Night can be useful sometimes as well. But the extra move Dark Knights/Fliers have can be useful, so we'll see what happens. It could be better for LTCing.

The Team

Paladin Chrom x Falcon Knight Sumia

Sumia carries Brave Lances and a Goddess Staff and a Rescue staff. She has the skills Luna, Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Pavise and Magic + 2. Chrom carries Brave Lances and has the skills Luna, LB, Rightful King, Dual Guard+ and Attack+.

General Kjelle x Berserker Yarne

Kjelle carries a Brave Axe and Helswath, and her skills are LB, Axefaire, Luna, Armsthrift and Aegis. Yarne carries Brave Axes and his skills are Dual Guard+, Aggressor, Luna, Axefaire and LB.

Manakete Nah x General Gerome

Gerome carries Brave Axes and has the skills Aggressor, Luna, Dual Guard+, LB and Swordbreaker. Nah has Galeforce, Wyrmsbane, Counter, LB and Renewal.

Sorcerer Avatar (M) x Dark Flier Noire

The Avatar has Armsthrift, Luna, Aggressor, LB and Pavise. He carries Waste and Aversa's Night as weapons. Noire has Celica's Gales and has the skills Galeforce, Dual Guard+, Luna, LB and Counter.

Sorcerer Morgan (F) x Sage Owain

Morgan carries Waste and Aversa's Night like every other Sorcerer, and she has Armsthrift, Luna, Pavise, Galeforce and LB. Owain has Celica's Gale just like every other supporter magic user and has the skills Aggressor, Luna, Dual Guard+, LB and Galeforce.

Sorcerer Inigo x Dark Flier Cynthia

Inigo has Armsthrift, Vantage, Vengeance, Galeforce and LB. Cynthia has Luna, Tomefaire, LB, Galeforce and Dual Guard+.

Sorcerer Laurent x Dark Flier Lucina

Laurent has Armsthrift, Aggressor, Vantage, Vengeance and LB. Lucina has Galeforce, Rightful King, Dual Guard+, LB and Luna.

Sorcerer Severa x Sorcerer Brady

Severa has Vantage, Vengeance, Galeforce, LB and Armsthrift. Brady has Aggressor, Luna, Dual Guard+, LB and Galeforce.

Dark Flier Micaiah x Dark Flier Katarina

These two make a fantastic combo thanks to Shadowgift. They have the same skills: All Stats +2, Galeforce, Luna, LB and Shadowgift. Waste makes quick work of everything.

Palla

She has Rally Strength, Heart, Spectrum, Speed and Magic. She also carries Rescue and Fortify if I need it.

Olivia

She carries a Ragnell for some extra def. She also got my Renown Boots (idk who to give the 17 Boots yet).

Edited by Chiki

I was trying to get attention with the topic title. Though I doubt there are other teams out there which can trivialize Apeotheosis like this one can.

Why does Nah have Galeforce instead of Kjelle?

Well, Kjelle probably would use it better than Nah would, but Nah can kill everything she needs to anyway. Sully x Donnel isn't such a good pairing.

Pairings

Sumia x Chrom

Cherche x Frederick

Sully x Vaike

Maribelle x Ricken

Miriel x Gregor

Tharja x Gaius

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Olivia x Libra

Lissa x Henry

Nowi x Donnel

Panne x Stahl

The Team

Paladin Chrom x Falcon Knight Sumia

Sumia carries Brave Lances and a Goddess Staff and a Rescue staff. She has the skills Luna, Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Pavise and Magic + 2. Chrom carries Brave Lances and has the skills Luna, LB, Rightful King, Dual Guard+ and Attack+.

Sumia cannot get Magic +2, unless you meant All Stats +2?

Sumia would be better as a Dark Flier for Apotheosis since she can abuse Forged Celica's Gales.

I would have to say that DonnelxSully and VaikexNowi would be better combos to have. Vaike would be better to pass down his Strength Modifier to Nah instead of Kjelle...

With Vaike as her father, Nah can get the Knight class route and get Dual Guard +. True she can't get Gale Force, but she can make a good support partner as a Great Knight to give the extra +1 movement during Pair Up. She can make good use of her extra +5 strength with a forged Brave Lance in addition to skills like Acrobat and Deliverer. Nah cannot get Dual Guard + with Donnel as her Father. Vaike as Kjelle's father gives her only +8 stat modifiers and fewer class options.DonnelxSully is slightly superior to VaikexSully.

I would pair Ricken with Miriel. Laurent gets his highest magic modifier of +6 (barring the + Magic Avatar of course). He makes a good support healer bot. He can get Dual Guard + and Dual Support + from Ricken's Great Knight Class and Miriel's Valkyrie Class respectively, so he can also act as a powerful pair-up unit. He can make good use of his +6 magic modifier with a forged Celica's Gale when he attacks.

When Gregor is Brady's father, Brady can get not only Galeforce, but also Armsthrift, the two skills that are ideal for post-game and the Apotheosis DLC. Laurent cannot get Galeforce since Miriel does not have the Pegasus Knight class route, so in my mind, he's stuck as a support healer or attacker. He was not meant to be a sweeper.

Edited by Leif

Pairings

Sumia x Chrom

Cherche x Frederick

Sully x Vaike

Maribelle x Ricken

Miriel x Gregor

Tharja x Gaius

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Olivia x Libra

Lissa x Henry

Nowi x Donnel

Panne x Stahl

Sorcerer Severa x Sorcerer Brady

Severa has Vantage, Vengeance, Galeforce, LB and Armsthrift. Brady has Aggressor, Luna, Dual Guard+, LB and Galeforce.

Uh, do you mean Dark Knight or Sage Brady? If Ricken is his father, Brady can't become a Sorcerer. Are you sure you thought this all the way through, Chiki?

I only have problem with Lon'QU x Cordelia instead of Stahl x Cordelia, which is superior as a Galeforce Dark Flier

Outside that

MU x Nowi

Donnel x Tharja

Maribelle x Lon'qu

1. Nah lacks Luna

2. Galeforce and Luna for Noire

3. Ricken x Maribelle is kinda terrible

Otherwise the team is cool, if a bit cookie cutter-ish

Edited by JSND

I edited my post with Ricken x Lissa and Maribelle x Henry. I used those pairings in game too.

Also, I'm going to get rid of all my Sorcerers for Dark Knights and Fliers.

Edited by Chiki

For more than I love orange hair Noire Donnel!Noire is better, my problem is just gaius!kjelle isnt as good as donnel!kjelle, vaike!nah is superior btw