Modder remakes Baldur's Gate in 3D using Neverwinter Nights 2 mod.

Nayr Farros

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!...

I don't think my laptop is suited for this and I kinda expect countless compatibility problems with non-english versions and stuff but... man, I just got to get this to work,

I can't believe that I hadn't even heard of this project.

I also wonder how NW could possibly handle 5 AI allies at once without them tripping over their own feet all the time.

Oh god this looks great my summer is now completely wasted, the only thing that could make me waste more time would be sfdrafts being active again

oh and as to the enhanced edition, a port of bg1 onto bg2 existed for a long time prior to it in the form of a tutu mod, (not as impressive as this but interesting)

Edited by Cyron

Just sent a tweet to Trent Oster (guy in charge of Enhanced Edition) regarding this. I wonder if he'll bother to reply.

Well he can't really do anything about it. Both Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights 2 are owned by Bioware. And the guys at Bioware have lauded the effort the man put into the mod.

Also Bioware completely allows modding of their PC games(they even let people host them on their social network). So the guy didn't do anything wrong by making a NWN2 mod.

Well he can't really do anything about it. Both Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights 2 are owned by Bioware. And the guys at Bioware have lauded the effort the man put into the mod.

Also Bioware completely allows modding of their PC games(they even let people host them on their social network). So the guy didn't do anything wrong by making a NWN2 mod.

I know, I just wonder if he has a comment, if any.