Dread Fighters instead learned Galeforce and Dual Support+ and Brides got Counter and Wrath (not sure about the highlights of male exclusive skills)

I'd love that because I'm a huge Galeforce fan (I know it's overrated, but still). I don't use any male exclusive skills, but I don't use Bride skills either, so I would be indifferent.

I personally wouldn't like Brides getting Counter and Wrath over their respective skills because good grief, Counter and Wrath are useless...

That was just an example. I know which female only skills I like, but don't really care much for the male only ones. Just replace them with any other male exclusive skill.

I was doing this inspired by FFT remake where the new class got skills previously male or female exclusive to the other gender.

That was just an example. I know which female only skills I like, but don't really care much for the male only ones. Just replace them with any other male exclusive skill.

I was doing this inspired by FFT remake where the new class got skills previously male or female exclusive to the other gender.

Okay, but I, too, feel that most male exclusive skills are lacking.

I agree. I usually just go for Axefaire, just because I like to have as many skills as I can in a "set".

I'm more apt to pass down HP +5, Rally Strength, Despoil, or maybe even Gamble.

There should be 2 new gener exclusive classes with the gender exlusive skills on them. Bride and Dread fighter can stay as-is.

Like Butch fighter for females. And Pretty boy for males.

Let's see, so by simple skill rearrangement, males (that could access the classes) could now pass down Aggressor and Res +10 to daughters, and females (that could access the classes) could pass down Bonds and Rally Heart to sons, at the cost of Counter, Wrath, Galeforce, and Dual Support+. (The opposite gendered kids are mentioned because a same-gendered kid would get it anyway.) Aggressor now sounds like a go-to male-exclusive skill, and Rally Heart now seems like a fairly good option for sons that make good support-units, and if all else fails Renewal (for non-Cleric females) and Lancefaire are fairly good alternatives.

And I'm probably over-thinking a what-if scenario. But as for total thoughts, I'm not sure how I feel with absolutely none of the females getting Galeforce, when it at least could cross the gender gap before. The loss of Counter also kinda sucks for male units. Wrath isn't a big loss, and I personally don't mind the loss of DS+.

Edited by Konnor97

The changes I mentioned don't take the skills away from other classes. I mean that the DLC classes are a means to getting previously gender exclusive skills.

Meteor, I would love a DLC chapter like Infinite Regalia, where all the prizes are skill scrolls, so everybody could get Galeforce/Armsthrift/etc.

It would destroy all balance, but as a grinder, it would be a dream come true.

The changes I mentioned don't take the skills away from other classes. I mean that the DLC classes are a means to getting previously gender exclusive skills.

Meteor, I would love a DLC chapter like Infinite Regalia, where all the prizes are skill scrolls, so everybody could get Galeforce/Armsthrift/etc.

It would destroy all balance, but as a grinder, it would be a dream come true.

I don't mind grinding, but I think you're asking WAY too much here, and thus I'll just have to nip this in the bud.

I'd rather have FE3 Enemy Pegs, Grooms and Fem!Zerkers, thank you very much.

(Read: No Gender-locked classes, at all.)

Like I already said, they miss a great opportunity with Zelcher. She doesn't even pass the Barbarian class...

Male Dancers! MALE DANCERS!

IÑIGOO !

I personally wouldn't like Brides getting Counter and Wrath over their respective skills because good grief, Counter and Wrath are useless...

Wrath maybe, (though on ultra high crit people running Vantage/Sol, it's disgusting lol), but Counter single-handedly makes brave swords, lances, axes, and the usage of Astra on any melee attacker essentially a free win for you. Hardly useless.

It wouldnt bother you that it would destroy much of the individuality of the characters?

Wrath maybe, (though on ultra high crit people running Vantage/Sol, it's disgusting lol), but Counter single-handedly makes brave swords, lances, axes, and the usage of Astra on any melee attacker essentially a free win for you. Hardly useless.

But if you're not taking enough damage, Counter's useless, and if you are, you'd best revise your strategy. So yeah, I think "useless" fits. And further compounding Counter's worthlessness is the fact that a lot of the time, the enemies that I'd generally be worried about are the ones Counter would do nothing against (aka, mages and bows).

It wouldnt bother you that it would destroy much of the individuality of the characters?

That's exactly what I had in mind when I responded to what you quoted.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Why not? If the map is anything like infinite Regalia, it's pretty much post-game anyway.

From there, it's just about grinding and srewing around. And I don't see how it would be IS job to limit that.

Because there is nothing more annoying then having to restart the whole game after hundreds of hours because of some minor mistake when planning pairings.

Edited by BrightBow

Why not? If the map is anything like infinite Regalia, it's pretty much post-game anyway.

From there, it's just about grinding and srewing around. And I don't see how it would be IS job to limit that.

Because there is nothing more annoying then having to restart the whole game after hundreds of hours because of some minor mistake when planning pairings.

Because I think luigi bros's suggestion is the ill combination that results when you combine a bad idea with a terrible one - as it is, it's already bad enough that people just won't shut up about Galeforce.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Because of class sets and stat cap modifiers, you could still screw something up. And the reason I would prefer things to stay the same, rather than have everything accessible to me is so that my choices and creativity matter. I wouldn't have spent nearly as much time with this game if my post-game team always ended up the same. I would have played the game through once, and then put it down.

Let me suggest a compromise that I would find acceptable. Add another paralogue chapter that has chests containing 1-2 of every skill scroll. Once you completed the chapter it would not be accessible again, but you could fine-tune your favorite units without removing nearly all semblance of uniqueness.

Edited by Meteor