Can someone PLEASE show me where it says Jugdral and Akaeinia are connected!!! Cuz if they are......WTF

Q: Is there any relationship with the continent of Akaneia from the previous game?

A: Yes. In terms of eras, the era of Genealogy of the Holy War occurs long before the continent of Akaneia. Jugdral was an advanced country, whereas Akaneia barely held any level of civilisation. At this time, the dragon tribes of Akaneia were deciding on how to handle the human race. The Divine Dragon tribe and the Earth Dragon tribe divided into two opposing sides, the same Earth Dragon tribe appearing in Genealogy of the Holy War.

as per here

this is as old news as they come seriously even without this you'd think the presence of Naga in both would make it pretty clear

as per the topic at hand, this has always been something that's taken my interest, particularly Knoll talking about it in FE8. i guess in addition to the objective nature of the magic itself, it's also a social circumstance thing: like in Elibe, Magvel and Tellius dark magic, while stigmatised, is still a relatively open craft with a good few practitioners on both sides, whereas everywhere else the practice is almost exclusively associated with the likes of Gharnef, the Loptyrians and the Grimleal, and the only real practitioners outside of those circles (Salem, Tharja, Henry) are all former associates thereof. granted, FE13 has a lot of talk about hexes and curses as part of dark magic, but even then Tharja says this on the matter in her Ricken supports:

Don't be fooled by the name. Curses are a kind of magic that gives life to dreams. Whether it is a dream of joy or horror depends very much on the victim.

so er

yeah

Edited by bookofholsety