TactHack:Redux

TheMaskedRaider

Hello again, got an update for my hack. Of course, I haven't posted in my old thread for quite some time, so I thought it best to start a new thread for the new look as well.

The Hack I am making is referred to as TactHack, named such as it has a playable tactician character. One thing about this character that I encourage, is to create your own portrait for the character,

it is you/your character after all. A default portrait is there for male and female Tacts, but again I encourage you to make your own.

It features an original story and original characters.

As for story, you, the player, have been recently hired by Stephen, a mercenary captain on his way to the mainland of the continent of Fadrel,

where he plans to make his company rich and renowned throughout the land. During this task, you Stephen and the party are quickly hired for a

job which drags you into a conflict that will throw most of Fadrel into Chaos.

FEMap-1_zpscb17f0eb.png

scr5_zpse67bcf04.pngscr2_zps54e31669.pngscr3_zpsd45424a9.png

scr4_zpsba8e3fca.pngscreenie1_zpsfc45bcd4.pngOstreichRedux_zps7b0ebacb.png

This current version only goes to ch 5 and I am currently working on ch 6 and 7. I plan to update again when I reach the end of the first part of the story.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55j4uuszzwsyu3k/ostreich.ups

In addition, I am looking for skilled spriters and the like to help me with redoing some of the portraits for the hack, the more original this looks the better.

If you think you can help, post a message on my profile preferably with some example of your work. Thank you in advance and enjoy.

Edited by TheMaskedRaider

ch2 could be a little less luck based by adding swords to the convoys and slightly nerfing the enemies attack.

but overall, it's interesting and looks good.

Yeah definitely looks solid and I hope to play it when it has more progress.

Also, it's not necessary, but I think the images (world map aside maybe) could benefit from using [ img ] tags so they're shown as images and not links. Sorry if there's some reason you didn't do that, I can just be nitpicky about presentation some times

So it just occurred to me that while I asked for sprites, I never showed off all of the characters that need to be redone.

So in lieu of this, here is a pic for all the player characters.

CHARACTERSRedux_zps1178f435.png

Also if anyone thinks they can improve upon this guy feel free to message me.

Jormund-1_zps72dd0d2d.png

Whoa whoa whoa! This is some good material you've got.

I'll surely try this out!

Edit: Ok, tried it.

Mugs and especially maps could use some polish, but they're playable after all and that's what matters. Also you're searching a spriter, which is good. I can't help you because I suck at spriting, though.

Some parts of the story seem rushed, like the presentation of some of the characters.

The Tactician's lines, as well as the main character's are well-written, props to you.

Overall it shows a lot of potential, I look forward to this project and I hope to play more chapters when possible.

Continue like this.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I mean, something like what GabrielKnight was saying some posts ago.

There are characters that happen to know each other but you don't explain how or why.

I think it's good to keep the player interested by hiding the truth for a while, but not to puzzle him with incomplete information.

I think this happens mainly in chapter 1.

For the rest, it's overall good, you don't have to worry.

Also the map of chapter 2, gameplay wise, is very interesting.

Ah, is the third supposed to be a preparation-only chapter?

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I think this happens mainly in chapter 1.

Do you mean Negu and Gerwulf?

They are mentioned in the Opening journal of the chapter as being hired by Stephen a couple of days before the day the chapter takes place.

And yes ch 3 is an intentional Non combat chapter

Also instead of posting the update up to Ch 7, I have decided to upload a patch once I finish Ch 6, as that particular ch is an end to the first part of the game

and transitioning into the second. So for any who are holding off on playing this, once the patch is updated would be a good time to start, as I will not update it for until the next part is finished.