Hello guys. I've been thinking about making my very first ROM hack. I'm just wondering how to start. I have a Sword of Seals ROM and the Virtual Boy Advance emulator. I have also just downloaded Nightmare but I don't know how to like activate it. Can someone tell me what to do?

also sword of seals really isn't not the best choice for hacking, mainly because, fe editor doesn't work with it nor do the eventing programs if i remember correctly the easiest to hack is fe7

Hello guys. I've been thinking about making my very first ROM hack. I'm just wondering how to start. I have a Sword of Seals ROM and the Virtual Boy Advance emulator. I have also just downloaded Nightmare but I don't know how to like activate it. Can someone tell me what to do?

Hi. Nightmare is a good place to start. You're in the right direction :) Though I would suggest trying FE7 (Fire Emblem on GBA) first NOT FE6.

Now that you have Nightmare download the modules. Load the rom on Nightmare and then try out some of the modules and see all the cool stuff you can do.. ^_^

technically eventing is covered in my tutorial but Arch does a better job and I think I just link to one of his tuts anyway because screw major redundancy

You can hack FE6 or FE8 but if you do I suggest you have extensive knowledge in hacking first, meaning you can figure out things on your own using a hex editor, ASM, etc., or else you're going to be in trouble I think. Even for FE7 I had to figure out most of that stuff on my own and it only came by investing lots of hours into it.