• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Yesterday:

*starts up SMT 2*

2 minutes in...

-Huh. Guess I'm getting straight into the fray here...

-The fuck is this moon phase thing?

3 minutes in...

-Ugh, I'm never going to get used to this first person perspective thing, running through the halls in Persona 3/4 was so much better...

-I can't buy anything? What's that, armor guy? 1000 to pay back? Does that mean I have to save up, or...?

-This "world map" looks boring.

-Yeah, time to talk to monsters and recruit them! Wait... what? What the fuck?

9 minutes in...

-Oh shit, is that wheelchair guy like Barubary, in that he's gonna fuck me big-time after I follow him into his corner?

-Oh. Huh. Guess he isn't. Cool, does that mean I can recruit/summon demons now?

-Sweet, I guess it does!

-But not in the virtual trainer. :(

13 minutes in...

-Huh. I get to name a guy. I'd better call him something that sounds easy to say, something that could capture something that could be good or evil, yet immensely so. Hell, after all, what would the point of this scene be if whoever's in that glass tank wasn't a major player in the game?

-Well, that's one way to start a virtual trainer...
-What the fuck?! I decide to walk all the way to this trainer in a different building only to get my ASS handed to me by a goddamn spider. Know what? Fuck it, I'll go recruit some minions!

-Aaaaand I died.

16 minutes in...

-Guess it's back to the stupid old man and go train.

30 minutes in...

-Level 10 is probably too much. I'll try going back to that simulator across the town.

32 minutes in...

-FUCK YOU SPIDERS-*dies*

35 minutes in...

-Huh. Turns out the place you live in is actually useful. Who would've thought the virtual trainers I needed to go to first would be in here?

-Oh yeah, now we're kicking ass.

50 minutes in..

-Oh, so THAT'S what that meter means when it goes from blue-green to red-orange! Might as well grind outside, since it's free...

1:03 minutes in...

-I am loaded, and I have a knocker and a pixie.

-Sweet, I get swag when I talk to demons whose type already joined me!

--Crap, gotta keep them healthy, otherwise they'll just attack me if I talk to them...

-So the church heals you. Sweet.

-Fuck you undead dog, you're never joining me no matter how hard I try to.

-Time to try the trainers across the town...

-Stupid old man, you fucking gambled, lost it all, and relied on a homeless guy to financially save your ass? Feeding me doesn't make you any less of a loser.

1:12 minutes in...

-*faces Virus Spider*
HA! EAT DEATH, SPIDER! HOPE THAT ZAN SPELL SLOWLY, PAINFULLY BURNED EVERY MUSCLE IN YOUR PATHETIC ARTHROPOD BODY BEFORE YOU PASSED

-I think I might stand a chance against Red Bear, might as well go back, for the hell of it...

1:18 minutes in...

-Oh snap, Kaiser Armor? Yep, victory assured.

-Aw, I couldn't spare Red Bear? Really? :( He just wanted to be in the Center...

1:25 minutes in...

-Oh, so we're living in that new gym, then? Is that other guy living in the gym I used to live in? Oh... he is. Dang. Feel bad for the guy. Kind of killed his pride and joy in uncivilized bloodsport and he loses everything.

1:33 minutes in...

-Well, might as well try fusing, and HOLY SHIT. Did I just see those demons melt in acid to form a new demon in a Satanic ritual? I did this? BEST RPG EVER.

Shin Megami Tensei II is a work of art. You have got fine taste, my good friend.

Heard you can become BFFs forever with Lucifer and kill God as the final boss. Had to see what it was all about.

Can you imagine what would happen if this released in the States, against all censorship standards? Forget about people talking about Harry Potter being "an enemy of God," forget about Pokemon being about "summoning devils," you literally make friends with and summon demons, and Lucifer, who'll help you eventually kill God. That is amazing.

I really wish this released in the States at the time. I really do.

Heard you can become BFFs forever with Lucifer and kill God as the final boss. Had to see what it was all about.

Can you imagine what would happen if this released in the States, against all censorship standards? Forget about people talking about Harry Potter being "an enemy of God," forget about Pokemon being about "summoning devils," you literally make friends with and summon demons, and Lucifer, who'll help you eventually kill God. That is amazing.

Heh, sounds like something you stumbled onto something you really enjoy, glad to hear it.

SMT 2 is a really good game indeed.

Edited by Soledai

Well, on the Law Route in SMT2 you get Satan in Lucifer's place.

I personally liked Soul Hackers a lot, even if it hadn't aged too well. The gameplay had so much versatility that I kind of overlooked its flaws. Besides, it had the option of changing the difficulty to hard from the very beginning, which is a huge plus. I think the Devil Survivor games are the ones that most prominently suffer from a lack of a harder difficulty. SMT4's Normal-locked difficulty (for the first playthrough) also kind of draws back my enjoyment of the game, since the game isn't really difficult on Normal.

Edited by Topazd255

• 2 weeks later...

The Law route is just as fun. You saw that?

Well, there is a possibility with the original game out on the iOS.

Shin Megami Tensei II is a work of art. You have got fine taste, my good friend.

I'm kind of shock he ended up going around for an hour doing all the available VR's before fighting Red Bear though, granted its obvious he was stumbling pretty hard through it but, wow.

Edit: Whoops that was a few pages ago.

Also finished SMT IV like a week ago, did Neutral, even so Hikaru a best

Edited by Random

• 1 month later...

Decided to actually play through SMT 1 on my iPhone first, on-and-off.

Game is much, much more n00b friendly than SMT2. Maybe it's because enemies are weaker, or maybe the utter lack of direction the game gives you (which is still interesting) leaves me grinding around whilst filling out the maps, or what with the game saving after the last battle you fight (even if you get a game over). Or so I thought, until I got to the Diamond Realm. Then the game had my flesh dragged across the walls like a pencil is dragged across paper.

Blue_Phantasm.PNG

"Hey, thanks for the Axe, bro!"

Red_Phantasm.PNG

"FUUUUUUUUCK-"*dies the first time*

Zenki_SMT1_Sprite.PNGGoki_SMTI_sprite.PNG

I'll just take on the bigger one with magic, then it'll be all easy-pease!

Yeah, took you down, Zenki! Your ass is mine, Goki-shiiiiiiiiiiioh. Huh, I still won.

Now it's time to see the world and... well, I kind of spoiled myself on what happens afterward anyway. Well, time to make this new world mine! New paradigm, motherfuckers, and future generations will chronicle the testament of the glorious flame that is my rise to-

SMT-BerithSpr.gifFUUUUUUUU

I remember just spamming Tarukaja and defeating the Diamond Realm bosses that way before they could really do much.

Haha, that's basically SMT1 in a nutshell. The bosses can be a real breeze-through, but you could have around 5 Beriths appear in the next random encounter and be utterly destroyed.