Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

her paralogue is easy what are you on pkl

She's a really solid unit and she doesn't really need anything outside the pegasusknight tree for classes regardless, (Frederick is a common pairing and gives her access to dragons and Paladin anyway, which means her classes are great there regardless). Her jointime is potentially annoying, which is a knock against her, but Sumia is going to give her lights-out speed, and anyone other than Gaius is going to give her solid stats elsewhere, (and skills too)

5+1 bias for TOO SLOW BRO among other things for a 6/10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a really solid unit and she doesn't really need anything outside the pegasusknight tree for classes regardless, (Frederick is a common pairing and gives her access to dragons and Paladin anyway, which means her classes are great there regardless). Her jointime is potentially annoying, which is a knock against her, but Sumia is going to give her lights-out speed, and anyone other than Gaius is going to give her solid stats elsewhere, (and skills too)

The enemy stats are a lot higher than in some other Paralogues. It's far from the easiest to do right away, especially with all the bowmen around. If she comes early, then she doesn't get Galeforce.

Edited by Peekayell

I wonder IF I can bring this up here

Speaking of postgame potential, I don't think Cynthia's limited potential father actually matters when, in the end 90% of the children want to run a skillset that Cynthia can run when fatherless

Also anyone know the exact condition to make the boss flee the chapter?

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Speaking of postgame potential, I don't think Cynthia's potential actually matters when, in the end 90% of the children want to run a skillset that Cynthia can run when fatherless

True point.

My theories:

• A unit is within ten spaces or so from the boss.
  • The boss is one of the few remaining enemies.
  • What PKL said.
Edited by Zeem

Speaking of postgame potential, I don't think Cynthia's limited potential father actually matters when, in the end 90% of the children want to run a skillset that Cynthia can run when fatherless

Being in range of him.

In my opinion Pegasus Knight is THE best unpromoted class in the game. Flight, move, superior offense with a wide range of suppots, only weak to bow and Wind magic users that no one cares about, and exclusive access to Dark Flier, hands down the best overall class in the game.

Based on those points alone, Cynthia does not have to use a lot of resources in order to be good. Avatar Dad will make catching up a piece of cake. Her only problem is that her mother's bases are going reflect similarly on her own: weak and frail without supports unless you were lucky. She can be a great battering ram with Galeforce, but her enemy phase will always be weak.

6.5/10, has an easier time circumventing her inherent flaws than the other 2nd gen units do.

The enemy stats are a lot higher than in some other Paralogues. It's far from the easiest to do right away, especially with all the bowmen around. If she comes early, then she doesn't get Galeforce.

the snipers have 17 strength, the heroes have 21, the enemies are pretty bad, its pretty similar to chapter 16 of the main campaign. I don't have issues doing Severa's paralogue after chapter 13, and that's a lot tougher in every way (stats, enemies, forges etc) than cynthia's is

Ohhh Cindy!

Pros:

Flier.

Dat Speed!

Adorbs.

Possible skill set is awesome.

Cons:

Low strength.

Cynthia is one of my favorite kids, i have no qualms with saying so. Shes got Galeforce access without even having to grind up Sumia. Her base speed is kinda cray and the growth is super sexy too. A Chrom!Cynthia is gonna have Aether and thats pretty cool. She can work well in the cav branch too if necessary. She does have the problem of low magic if she doesnt get a magic based daddy. A Henry!Cynthia can be pretty damn cool though. Gaius!Cynthia's speed is just...off the charts. Sumia has a high speed modifier anyway but man... Cindy is quick either way you look at it. Her strength at base is kinda meh either way, but depending on her class and daddies, she can get better here.

7/10.

8/10 bias because YES

Cynthia will have silly speed passed down to her from Sumia, but Sumia kinda lacks a bit in the str/def departments, so Cynthia will as well. However, a decent portion of the fathers will have good stats in other areas besides speed, meaning that Cynthia is super fast, can hit kinda hard and can take a few more hits. She also starts as a flying class on top of her decent stats and her C lances. Sumia can't really pass down anything that Cynthia won't have by this point (assuming her Paralogue is done soon after ch 13), except for like Rally Speed/Movement or something.

6.5/10, good starting class and isn't as lopsided as Sumia while still retaining her ludicrous speed

Some people seem to keep bringing up Sumia's limited options as a negative, even though she supports some pretty awesome guys(Chrom, Freddy, Henry).

Plus, it's easier to pair her up than it is with, say, Lissa, Maribelle and Olivia.

Oh, goodness, Sumia's support list is even worse than I remember. Chrom and Gaius give her nothing, Henry is late (working on it now, in fact), Frederick is heavily contested, but still godly, and her best overall support is female (SullyxSumia were my dynamic duo until Henry showed up). Getting a good father for Cynthia really IS a pain.

Oh, goodness, Sumia's support list is even worse than I remember. Chrom and Gaius give her nothing, Henry is late (working on it now, in fact), Frederick is heavily contested, but still godly, and her best overall support is female (SullyxSumia were my dynamic duo until Henry showed up). Getting a good father for Cynthia really IS a pain.

I'm just quoting this so I remember to respond to it. Anyway, if it's not a rating, it goes in RTU discussion. kthx.

I take ZM's rating, + 1 Bias, for 12/10

More seriously, Cynthia is one of the best children not named Morgan. To be honnest, her base Skill and Skill Growth sucks, but until you choose to marry her with a -Skill Avatar, you won't notice it, since her mother and potential husband all have pretty great Skill. Her Speed (and Luck), are pretty amazing. She can actually be quite bulky as well, and pretty strong... Access to one of the best starting class is always a good thing, too...

Some could say that coming late is a bad point, but it assures at least that her stats will be good.
6.5/10 7.5 with Bias... One of the greatest child...

Cynthia will have silly speed passed down to her from Sumia, but Sumia kinda lacks a bit in the str/def departments, so Cynthia will as well. However, a decent portion of the fathers will have good stats in other areas besides speed, meaning that Cynthia is super fast, can hit kinda hard and can take a few more hits. She also starts as a flying class on top of her decent stats and her C lances. Sumia can't really pass down anything that Cynthia won't have by this point (assuming her Paralogue is done soon after ch 13), except for like Rally Speed/Movement or something.

6.5/10, good starting class and isn't as lopsided as Sumia while still retaining her ludicrous speed

this with +1 bias because THIS IS THE END, FRIEND for 7.5/10

Edited by shadykid

Cynthia, obligatory pegasus child.

Her paralogue is one that I'd think is in the middle section of difficulty; it's neither the easiest, nor the hardest; you just have to worry about the guys at the back.

As a unit herself, Cynthia will most likely have decent strength compared to most pegasus knights if her father is Chrom or Frederick; the former will give her Aether, which is a great skill for a unit like her, and Frederick gives some nice modifiers too. Cynthia already has direct access to Galeforce, and the cavalier/myrmidon lines can give her some nice skills too, one of the only reasons why Gaius is a decent father. As for Henry, all that does is make her a decent magic unit as a Dark Flier.

As a flying unit, she has a mobility advantage over both kids, but statswise is decently comparable; as with the others, it is best to train her with reeking boxes/natural risen challenges, as otherwise the high defense units of Valm will cause her some trouble.

5.5/10; the fact that her strength is nowhere near as screwable with the right parents as her mother's is makes her a good unit just due to that.

If it's with bias, 5/10, because her personality just really irks me sometimes.

Cynthia

Pros

* Class set means she always has the potential to be a good Dark Flier or Falcon Knight.

* Speed is practically unscrewable.

* Her Paralogue is one of the easier ones.

* Can get Galeforce.

Cons

* Her Strength and Magic will always be on the low side thanks to having Sumia as a mother.

* Like all children, she comes somewhat late, and is optional.

Father Pros

* Chrom gives her Aether, as well as classes that makes her a decent all-purpose unit when trained.

* Frederick gives her the tools to be a better Falcon Knight and physical unit in general.

* Gaius makes her very speedy, and has unique male-only (+Sol and Axebreaker) skills to pass down to her.

* Henry can pass down unique male-only skills, and also gives her all the magical classes that she ever wants if you want her to be a magic unit or a Dark Flier (and probably makes for the best Dark Flier Cynthia), or even as a supporting unit. Probably the best Cynthia to have besides Chrom!Cynthia.

* None of the fathers can actually ruin her in the way that fathers can do to some of the other kids, thanks to her starting set being good enough, and Sumia's restricted Support list making it somewhat easier for her to choose a father.

Father Cons

* Chrom!Cynthia is somewhat unspecialized, and getting so many classes and so many decent skills can make it somewhat difficult to stick to a build with her. Other than that, it's just the standard kid flaws.

* Frederick!Cynthia has no unique skills to pass down to her that she can't get on her own. He also ruins Cynthia's Dark Flier potential a bit. Frederick is also a somewhat contested father.

* Gaius!Cynthia doesn't really get much useful of note that other Cynthias get, besides dodging, which Cynthia is gonna do well in anyways.

* Henry!Cynthia comes late into play. Henry is also a somewhat contested father if you're not playing a no-grind run.

* Restricted father list means you may screw yourself out of Cynthia if you're not careful.

Cynthia is alright. Her join time depends on when Sumia's S Support becomes awailable, and what Paralogues you open up early. As far as her class set goes, she can easily do great in any of her promotions, depending on the father. Her paralogue is also thankfully one of the easier ones to do, and recruiting her is also pretty easily done. As is, there are children who are worse than Cynthia in the main story.

Postgame, Cynthia is fantastic. her modifiers mean that she's suited to an offensive hybrid or magic user once you max her out, but what skills she may get can also allow her to fill other roles just as well. Cynthia will likely be one of your mainstays if you train her up, as her class set as is is not disappointing.

Rating Maingame: 5/10

Rating Postgame: 9/10

Overall Rating (Use this rating when averaging the numbers): 6/10 (7/10 with bias - she humours me.)

Cynthia is alright. She's ok in the maingame, but fantastic in the postgame, once you get her there. On average, she's decent. There's not much else to say about her.

stealing