Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

CYNTHIA!

I couldn't miss her day for anything.

Cynthia is frankly a fantastic unit. The fact that her fathers are limited actually makes her easier to rate, because her skillset and stats stay generally constant. She has amazing speed and strength, but without training, easily inherits her mother's defense. Chrom breaks her with Aether, Henry and Gaius can pass Counter, and Frederick just generally makes her more of a tank, and passes a Wyvern Rider class if you weren't happy enough with the Pegasus Knight - but other than that his passed class sets are rather redundant, as Sumia already passes Knight. Not mentioning MU, 3/4 fathers really break Cynthia as a unit.

She grows easily due to having high stats and a low level, and easily becomes an offensive powerhouse by the time she's through Dark Flier, if Galeforce wasn't inherited.

She easily carried the first run of my game, getting 2nd place in kills just behind MU. And she's only gotten better as my knowledge of the game has increased.

Her only cons are a somewhat limited class set if Chrom or Frederick fathered her, and having initial low defense and being very vulnerable to arrows, but the latter two remedy themselves with easy training.

Personality wise, she is my favorite female child, what with her determination and witty catchphrases that are way too much fun than they should be to repeat ("Too slow bro!").

Overall, 9/10 for being one of the best children, and having ridiculous speed potential from Gaius/MU.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynthia (based on Chrom, Henry, Gaius)

+ Decent bases and good growths

+ Decent classes from Sumia; should be able to inherit Galeforce to save her going DF (Lancefaire if Sumia went Falco is also good)

- Limited fathers means limited potential, though she does still get a very good variety

- Paralogue is a bit on the hard side so she'll be joining a little late, which hurts her chances of being more useful than not with the difficulty spike and other new units

6.5/10 +1 for 7.5/10

Cynthia has some good father options, including Henry, Chrom, Fredrick, Gaius..Oh wait, that's all of them.

Cynthia is one of the better children, getting access to galeforce and possibly Aether, and can't really go wrong with pair up options. Most of the time, she will end up being one of the stronger units on the team, and doesn't even have trouble getting up to other unit's levels.

7/10 with .5 bias for 7.5/10

Edited by Melonhead

Day 36: Brady

Too tired to tally.

I'll rate Brady tomorrow too *yawns*

EDIT: Actually, i dont need to type much to rate him so here goes:

Terrible unit. Worst kid of the bunch. Has a bad mom. His staff rank is D which is insult to injury when the other kids have C rank in actual weapons. Would be the worst unit if Donnel didn't exist.

0.5/10

Edited by Peekayell

hey guys its an underlevelled priest that can't use physic

hey guys its a fifth string healer

hey guys look at my awkward class set of priest, cavalier and mage

hey guys look at the terrible mods my mom gave me

ya brady sucks

0/10

Donnel can get good before Brady shows up. Brady is just... doomed.

Peeps really hate on the Brady. :(:

Well lessee here...I can see why peeps be hatin' to be honest. Brady, without serious tinkering, will end up as shit on a platter. Even an Aptitude!Brady will not be very good if Maribelle isnt leveled properly. The good thing about Brady is hes one of the "Galeforce Guys" which means he can get that skill. But in order to do that, one must grind Maribelle. A lot. Brady's other problem is his base class having no combat. Sure, he can Second Seal the minute you get him, but if his parents werent worked with, it aint gonna do him much good. He can heal but yeah. A Gaius!Brady may have decent speed though. A Chrom!Brady will have Rightful King and the cav branch to play with. But Maribelle has her own issues that she passes down to her son.

Now, ive had some bomb Bradys before, but it didnt come cheaply.

2/10.

3/10 bias because "GET BUSY DYIN'!"

I like Brady. I really, really do. But holy crap, is he bad.

Why the fuck did IS think it was a good idea to stick him with D staves? Considering the other kids (except Yarne and Nah, but duh) start with a C rank with whatever weapon they start with, why did Brady get the short end of the stick? The lack of magic-using fathers doesn't really help him, either. Sure, he can reclass, but what would you do with him? Maribelle's a pretty bad mom (as a unit, not in general), and she doesn't pass down very good stats to her son. Even if his father's pretty rad, Brady's still rather useless.

The only reason why he's not gonna get a flat-out 0 is because he's one of my favorite characters in the game (this guy has a pretty amazing personality), and he can at least provide rescue utility. But really, he's a pretty underwhelming unit. Better than Donnel, but still really bad.

0.5/10, +1 bias because this guy is a bro. 1.5/10

Edited by Zeem

Tallying the scores of Cynthia because I'm bored and I love her so who cares.

Cynthia got a 5.97 unbiased. Calculating the bias now.

Edited by Zeem

With bias, Cynthia sits at an infinity/10.

Her score with bias is 6.45.

EDIT: Made a small math error, so I recalculated again. >_> I wish her score was higher.

So 5.97 not biased, and 6.45 biased. Yay Cynthia.

Edited by Zeem

Brady's mom has her own Speed issues, which means that he'll inherit them. Surprisingly, he has the highest personal Defense out of all the kids, but that's not gonna do much, given that his mom was made of paper. Maribelle can be surprisingly effective as a Dark Flier, and I remember getting her to Galeforce was the least painful out of all the reclassed first gen ladies (er, Avatar aside). What he turns into is highly dependent on his father; Lon'qu can hand him some passable Speed growth, while Vaike can, uh, make his Strength not bite so much. He's nowhere near Kjelle levels of stomping, though. No matter who he gets, his Res will always be (relatively) good, and he'll be pretty lucky (which means his free Miracle isn't quite as bad as it looks on paper).

EDIT: I don't really complain about his base class because he shows up about the time Second Seals become a non-contested item.

3.5/10 (+1 bias because I feel really sorry for him)

Edited by eclipse

Has shitty Healer mom and joined as a Rescue bot

Not to mention he is even more delusional than Owain

Not to mention D Staff

Too bad since he has the best base class set >_>. Oh well

1/10

+3 bias because hes unremarkable and flawed for 2/10

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Honestly, the moment I saw him I immediately realized that he's pretty much unusable compared to the other children and even a good chunk of the first gen characters. Let alone the fact he inherits Maribelle's stats and growths (which already start low and don't exactly have the best growths), even if Maribelle and the Avatar marry Brady has some pretty meh growths. Also starts as a Priest (though this can be easily rectified since he at least starts at level 10).

I'll give him a 1.5/10. His personality wasn't...too bad. I did rather like it when juxtaposed to Maribelle's.

Now while Brady isn't that bad as a character himself, it's what he gets handed to him from Maribelle that makes him horrible as a unit.

First off, he somehow got the short end of the staff by getting a D weapon rank. That doesn't even make sense. His personal growths are pretty good, with his defense being pretty high for a priest, but Maribelle doesn't really even have a defense stat, so it's going to be bad anyway.

His reclass options are generic at best, Cavalier is only good for the skills you get from GK and Paladin, and he's going to make an average mage, and he promotes into a Sage anyway. He's probably best off as a Sage in the long run, maybe war monk if his dad is a physical unit.

3/10 with -.5 bias for 2.5/10

Edited by Melonhead

Maribelle doesn't have a difficult time with supports, provided she's sitting behind Avatar doing nothing while somebody else heals!

Brady is a unit I've tried to make worthwhile, what with a babied Donnel, Aptitude inheritance, and a trained Maribelle, but none of those things can change the fact that a late Priest simply isn't worth a dime. He's the only 2nd gen unit not even Avatar can save.

.5/10 because he Rescued on a couple of maps in my playthrough. .25 for each of 'em.

EDIT: Oh, wait, he really is D staves? Forget what I said about the Rescues. Terribly sorry, folks. 0/10, no bias.

Edited by Inference

Oh, poor Brady, you're an awesome guy, but...

It's true you can acquire galeforce, and it's also true that you can access classes that'll make you far more useful than your mother, but when you're lv10 as a priest, of all things? You're going to fall, and hard. You'll either have to start from lv1 from another class, which means levelling you, even with Risen challenges, can be quite annoying. Those boxes are NOT infinite, pal. You could also insta promote and use a weapon, but you won't be much better off. Also, that D rank. Why, IS, why?

3/10, worst child raising and stats-wise, but if it's with bias, 4/10, cuz he's a lovable thug.

Edited by The Fush

Brady (based on Ricken, Libra, Donnel)

+ Can inherit decent skills from Maribelle by now (Renewal, DS+, Tomefaire, Galeforce if you're an ultra Maribelle lover, Demoiselle if you're not)

+ Magic mom for a magic unit, makes him a great Sage for postgame

+ Cavalier (which I think he always inherits, yes?) can get him insta-Discipline to get him out of E ranks

- Paralogue is medium difficulty, probably on par w Cynthia's, unless you boss rush which I don't like to do so he'll have to fight for a spot (and likely will not get it)

- Maribelle's non-magic stats don't really help him, so he relies a lot on his dad's

5/10 none of the kids are below average to me if only because they rock the postgame, and priest doesn't matter since you can buy seals. +1 for 6/10, least favourite kid at first turned into one of my favourites.

Seals are available, but of all the units you could be using for combat, why Brady? His growths are well below average, his base speed is abysmal, and he starts off with an E in everything. What part of that deserves a 5?