Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Ugh, there's not much good I can say about this guy other than the fact the he can fall back on staves so that his crap bases won't hold him back that much. Oh wait, he can only use up to Mend staves. Well, he can reclass/promote into a magic class and try to make something of himself, but Maribelle's crap stats hold him back and he has to start E tomes, and by the time you finish his hard as hell paralogue, you won't want someone with E tomes.

0.5/10, at least Donnel can end up doing stuff if given a few kills and he actually has time to do that

Edited by The Batter

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynthia and Brady's scores are now up in the OP.

Day 37: Yarne

Has a good mother and can insta reclass to Wyvern. Depending on his dad, he could also have Discipline to get his weapon rank up. Makes a monstrous Wyvern just like his mom. His problem is availability and having to work his way out of E axes. Solid though.

4+1 bias 5/10

5.5/10.

He has some good stat potential, like his mother, but having E rank weapons this late is really bad and his potential hinges on who his father is. Not much to say but another typical children rating.

Yarne rocks.

Definitely a solid unit. Panne is already really good, and his potential stats are definitely higher than some of the others. Whoever his father is can also help him out well, and pass down some good skill sets and classes to him, as well.

E rank weapons late in the game would hurt his performance, but I found that he can still be a great unit as a Taguel. Sure, reclassing him to a wyvern rider, cavalier, etc. would improve his performance, but he's still pretty good without reclassing. One of the better kids.

5/10, +1 bias because he's a bro. 6/10

one of the best kids statistically because his mother is a beast in that department, unfourtunately he has no weapon ranks to work with, which hinders his potential quite a bit.

5/10 nobias

Panne is a badass mother and passes down some good stats to Yarne. She also has a good selection of fathers but she doesn't pass down Wyvern Rider, so Yarne gets a little screwed in the class department since his options are both footies. Someone with Cavalier makes a great father so Yarne can get Discipline to help with his E rank in every weapon because he probably wants to reclass to actually get some 2 range.

4.5/10, Panne is a great mother but Yarne will want to reclass, which leaves him with E weapons without guaranteed Discipline.

Edited by The Batter

I have no idea why the hell he got Barbarian over Wyvern Rider (yes, PKL, he does, change your rating). Like mama, he'll forever be susceptible to Beast Killers. Unlike mama, he'll (hopefully) have a few more options than "run around all over the place with a sword or fly around with an axe". His chapter is refreshing, and isn't exactly a cakewalk on the hardest setting. I usually burn a Rescue on Panne after she talks some sense into her idiot son (IIRC, there's a couple of Rexcalibur guys lurking in his area). Like Brady, Yarne will be stuck with E in whatever weapon he gets as soon as he's out of his base class of "look ma no weapon ranks". Unless you're dead-set on making him magical, it's pretty hard to screw up his growths. The FUN part is getting him there.

3.5/10 (-1 bias included for the sheer amount of whining he does)

Edited by eclipse

Needs a dad that gives him Wyvern Rider to be useful in the main story.

Needs a dad who gives him good skills to be a contender in postgame, because Panne gives him Thief and Barbarian. He needs Cavalier/Knight, but he's not a priority due to a lack of Galefart.

3.5/10

I never really used Yarne largely because I was already using Panne. It just felt like I was getting her again with some slightly juiced up stats and potentially better class choices, except way later and essentially requires about the same work as Panne to make decent, except Panne has the advantage of several chapters to train up stuff like say stats and weapon rank.

On his personality...

bias for the sheer amount of whining he does

I feel it goes a lot further than that because just that damn screaming at the drop of a pin bothers me. I can understand why he's cowardly, but damnit, Courage the Cowardly Dog was less flighty than this guy.

4/10.

Edited by Interest

Huh? I could've sworn Wyvern Rider was always default for Yarne since whenever I use him, he has it. I guess it's because I've paired his mom with Fred and Lon'qu. Just pretend that line doesn't exist, it doesn't really change my score, since those are (to me) her best husbandos anyway.

Edited by Peekayell

really, Yarne needs Wyvern rider to be a good unit, but thankfully most of Panne's better pairups support that.

Just like Panne, when he's in Wyvern rider he's gonna have to deal with E weapon rank for a while, but a bronze might forge (and probably at iron too) isn't that expensive and is really all he needs.

being a 2nd gen character Yarne has more potential than Panne, but due to his lower availability, getting him to that potential is going to be more painful.

6/10 with +1 bias for one of my favorite personalities in the game for 7/10

Yarne weapon rank is unremarkable, despite his solid stats, and his lack of Wyvern without a proper father is a massive flaw in-game

And post game, he get my vote for the worst children despite his w1n stats

Basically, Yarne is a solid dude, but he lacks weapon rank

4/10(unremarkable and flaw-shot)

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Yarne is what I consider to be an utter beast. His paralogue can be a bit tricky, but it's worth it for him, since he gets the usual taguel growths, along with the bonuses from his good range of fathers. He doesn't need galeforce to be powerful; with a few more maps or risen challenges, he'll be rickrolling and eating up things all day.

The only thing that's stopping him from becoming batshit insane is the fact that, since Taguel may be undesirable due to it's shoddy strength during it's beginning early levels and you'll want to reclass him to abuse those monster growths and bonuses, he'll start with an E rank in the weapon he goes off into. It isn't all that limiting once he's up to speed though, and with some training, he is far easier (although it can still be tricky) to get up to speed than most child characters; which is what I consider to be a key factor in rating child units.

6.5/10, though if it's with bias it's 7.25/10 because while his whining gets a bit screechy occasionally, he makes me chuckle a lot, his voice and crit lines are funny and he's as powerful as he claims... mostly.

(By the way Panne why didn't you give your son Wyvern Rider you jerk)

Edited by The Fush

5.5/10.

He has some good stat potential, like his mother, but having E rank weapons this late is really bad and his potential hinges on who his father is. Not much to say but another typical children rating.

Lazy so this

Huh? I could've sworn Wyvern Rider was always default for Yarne since whenever I use him, he has it. I guess it's because I've paired his mom with Fred and Lon'qu. Just pretend that line doesn't exist, it doesn't really change my score, since those are (to me) her best husbandos anyway.

For whatever stupid reason, IS decided to give him Barbarian instead. I'm going to attempt a dodgy Luna Sniping Yarne via Panne/Ricken, so I can't auto-reclass him to Wyvern Rider. That's about the only issue I had with that rating. Okay, back to the show!

Day 38: Severa

My waifu's daughter 10/10

Severa is one of the better kids imo. Her mom is really good so she will inherit those stats. She has a lot of dad options, comes in a decent class and has a totally rad class set. In my experience, she makes the best Hero ever, being able to Galeforce stuff and capping str and spd in Tier 2 Level 15 or so, like a boss.

4/10 +1 bias 5/10

One of the harder paralogue IMO, so she generally is recruited a bit later

Also has Sword Rank which is lulz(I mean its.... Swords)

Decent Rally Mov Bot

3/10

-1 bias because I hate her. Also DM and Merc is overrated

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

woah it's finally a good kid!

While Severa generally has a hard paralogue due to the massive size of it, she's pretty good in the main story when you get her. She can inherit the rally of her mom and go 10/1 Bow Knight to support (which is better than a lot of scrubs like Gregor who can only do one).

By virtue of being Cordelia's daughter, and resulting in having the third best class set out of all units (losing to Avatar and Morgan), Severa is capable of tearing apart the postgame with... pretty much anything. I've done Celica's Gale Sorceror and Helswath Armsthrift Wyvern Lord and both have been just as good as the other.

6.5+1 = 7.5/10

Better main story than a lot of the first gen units and the post game is hers to shred.

starts in a pretty good class with quick access to Sol, which is nice

Cordelia's stats are ok and most of her better husbands are pretty good statistically so she'll probably be pretty good at base

also my favourite gen 2 unit so 6+1bias for 7/10

woah it's finally a good kid!

me with... pretty much anything. I've done Celica's Gale Sorceror and Helswath Armsthrift Wyvern Lord and both have been just as good as the other.

6.5+1 = 7.5/10

Question: Why give Cynthia a 1/10 (0/10 with your bias), but give Severa a 6.5/10 (7.5/10 with your bias)? I don't understand.

Anyway, I <3 Severa. Her base class is pretty rad, and Cordelia's a great mother. Severa's literally impossible to screw over, since her mom passes down some great classes (well, just Pegasus Knight), and pairing her with one of the better dads also nets her some more great classes. And her starting bases when you get her won't be too bad, either. Her paralogue can be pretty annoying, but the pay-off is worthwhile. Definitely a great kid.

6/10, +1 bias because she's pretty and I for one like her personality. 7/10

6/10.

Pretty good class set and usually has fairly high stats because of her parents. Still a children unit, so low rating is inevitable.

+1 bias because everyone hates her for petty reasons, making 7/10. I've never mind her sour attitude. I think it's pretty cute.

Severa gets Cordelia's class set, which means she can fly with dual Breakers and not worry too much. Any classes she gets from daddy is flippin' gravy. Her bases kind of remind me of what Owain would look like if he did more push-ups, and her growths will be okay (as long as she's not meant to be a permanent magical unit, due to her stellar Magic base). Her chapter is annoying as all hell, though, and her character is so irritating that I'm not interested in taking a closer look at her. I'll take her mother's blandness over her sorry excuse of a personality.

3.5/10 (-1 bias included, and I shouldn't have to explain why)

Severa:

Pros:

Her Mother gives good modifiers

She can get some of the best class combinations in the game

Starts out as Mercenary, and can auto promote to hero

Cons:

Her paralouge is harder than a few of the other children's.

Depending on your luck her base stats can be pretty bad.

Depending on your luck her cons can be nonexistant (I've done her paralogue right after chapter 13 on hard mode during a no grind run but it took a lot of resets, and the Avatar was her father so she had high base stats), or can harm her usability during the main story, but she does have higher potential than a few of the other children.

6.5/10

Edited by Kamina

"That was MIIIINE!" *slap*

Or right, a rating..

As a unit, Severa can do some stuff. She gets a pretty wiggy base class and some cool reclass options. Galeforce and Breakers are available to her. Depending on her daddy, she can really do a lot of damage even in her base class. Aptitude!Severa means she can probably cap all the things ever. Giving her the cav branch leads to fun Luna shenanigans. And then theres the possibility of Henry!Severa. Oh what fun! Shes pretty flexible and can perform well with nearly every combination.

6/10.

5/10 bias because only one point of bias can be used otherwise, she'd be like -100 or some junk. Her personality is supreme ass. Srsly, stop being horrible to my favorite characters, Severa! Her C support with Cynthia is what made Cynthia skyrocket in brownie points with me.

Most of this has been said by others already, but...

Pros: Very nice all-purpose class set between Mercenary, Pegasus Knight, Dark Mage, and whatever her father provides. Starts with Armsthrift and can get Sol within five levels, can inherit Galeforce or otherwise level into it herself. Relatively good all-around bases/growths from Cordelia.

Cons: Child unit, lowering availability and causing her to start underlevelled. Reasonably hard paralogue which can force a staff user to babysit Severa with Rescue on higher difficulties; this likely delays her recruitment, further shortening her availability. Support options seem somewhat limited; notably, she doesn't support Lucina or non-related female Morgan, who are a bit less than two of the three most likely children to be deployed (the third being male Morgan). Also doesn't support Nah, but maybe using Nah is personal preference on my part.

I like a 6/10 for her. +1 for bias, so 7/10.