Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing special about Severa other than the fact that her mother gets Galeforce. C swords, no mount, doesn't contribute to the team that much. Galeforce is a big deal, but so is her utter lack of an arsenal or standout attributes. 5/10, but 4/10 with bias because her personality is a boring, overly used archetype in anime and manga. Everything she says is predictable and uninteresting to the point of parody.

I find her to be a slight nudge above a good chunk of the other children if only due to her class set. However, even though her Paralogue can be accessed pretty early it's a difficult one, essentially meaning that to get her, chances are I'll have to do some other chapters or Paralogues to the point she may as well be obsoleted or close to it anyways.

I don't care much about her personality. Doesn't bother me but doesn't stand out much since I've seen it numerous times before.

Overall kinda average. I'd say 5/10

Edited by Interest

Severa: 10/10, no bias.

Imo, she's the absolute best non-Morgan child BY FAR (followed by Lucina and Inigo), has one of the best class sets in the game (if not the non-MU/child best), due to her mother, and I actually really like her personality. Sure, her paralogue's hard, but considering how gr8mazing she and her mother are, she'll survive it easily. Give her a Myrmidon father (Lon'qu/Stahl) and she can DESTROY stuff.

Edited by Vapo

An idiot that's pretty useless, with the only exception being that she might get galeforce. But not even galeforce can make up for this useless idiot and the approximately 50 million turns it costs for her use. 2/10 - 1 bias = 1/10

edit: Actually I feel like I'm overrating her, so change that to 0/10, 0/10 bias

Edited by Constable Reggie

Severa's definitely one of the better children characters, getting Cordelia's good class set, (Access to a lot of breakers, including bowbreaker) Galeforce, and some pretty good base stats. As with all children characters it really depends on who the other parent is for usefulness, but Severa tends to come out better than most of the others.

8/10 with no bias for 8/10

Edit: Bumped the rating up +1.

Edited by Melonhead

Severa is one of the children who has a great range of fathers and availible classes, along with a mother who helps her out in that regard (ironically much to her dismay, though). Her paralogue is one of the harder ones, with leading her to Holland, the reinforcements and the forged weapons, but once that's all out of the way you'll find that she can be trained as easily, if not easier...ly, as the other children. Armsthrift is also a nice touch if you have a father like Donnel or the MU.

5.5/10 for her availible classes and mercenary stats when she joins. If it's with bias, I'd say 6/10 because while she is a complete and utter jerk (she made Owain cry ;_;), it's all for a reason that would make her attitude seem unsurprising, and leaves it with a child with one of the more interesting pasts.

Severa: 10/10

Only units that I'd rank in that same category are Avatar, Morgan, and Lucina. Possibly add in Lucina's sibling, haven't thought that through.

Anyway, Severa seems to be able to be built in pretty much any direction, and usually comes with 2/3rds of what you need to go in said direction by default. This means you can pick any father for her to focus into the role you want. If you don't have a role in mind, she can easily still do better than many of the characters even if you essentially give her a throw-away father (not that I'd suggest it). In my run throughs, she's in the top 4 children that I plan for (the others being Morgan, Lucina, and Inigo). Only thing that can hold her back is how difficult she is to recruit if you don't have DLC, but I don't use that as a means of rating the character itself.

Severa's definitely one of the better children characters, getting Cordelia's good class set, (Access to a lot of breakers, including bowbreaker) Galeforce, and some pretty good base stats. As with all children characters it really depends on who the other parent is for usefulness, but Severa tends to come out better than most of the others.

8/10 with no bias for 8/10

Edit: Bumped the rating up +1.

This, but joins later than a lot of kids so 7.5 unbiased, +1 for 8.5

Severa will get some good stats from her mother and hopefully good stats from her father, but she starts as a sword locked footie which hinders her. She can reclass into Pegasus Knight or promote to Hero no matter what, so that helps alleviate that, though she will start with E rank weapons which is bad for this point in the game, which will likely be later than ch 13 due to the fact that her paralogue is difficult.

5/10, starts as a swordlocked footie and she wants to reclass badly but will have to start with E rank weapons without guaranteed Discipline

I was going to tally stuff today. But I'm feeling a bit ill. If someone wants to tally the scores, i would appreciate it. Or we could just wait til tomorrow.

Day 39: Nah

hey guys its nowi who joins later in the story

and nowi was already garbage to begin with

postgame!nah needs a whole lot to really be viable (sol or luna, dual guard+, galeforce and good mods to begin with).

yeah not happening

1 - 1 bias = 0/10

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Let's see...

Pros: Extremely tanky, especially with a +Def modifier from her father. Potentially strong postgame. Pretty easy to catch up in levels.

Cons: Kinda poor class set (Manakete / Mage / Wyvern Rider) makes her kinda reliant on her father for good skills. Using her special class makes her unable to use forges or braves; not using it makes her not that much better than other kids. Child unit, delaying recruitment and causing her to be underleveled. Difficult paralogue, delaying recruitment.

I like Nah a lot personally, but unbiased I can't honestly rate her above a 4/10. +1 bias for 5/10.

EDIT: Lowered score; again, I like Nah, but she isn't very good at all maingame.

Edited by Skarthe

5/10.

Like Nowi, except less time to grow and standard child issues.

I'm fairly disappointed that people factor in postgame now because I can't take most of their ratings seriously.

Snagging this.

Once upon a time, there was a Bear. It has a Claw. And when you ask it to go to a dinner, he said "Nah".

My reaction: NOWAI!!!

Morale of the story: Nowai lunch is a contested resource

Anyway, Nowai but worse and in a messed up paralogues. As ussual, most of her daddy can't provide h4x skills unless they are like.... Frederick or something

1/10

BTW the averages are:

Severa

No bias:

With Bias:

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

So, like, her bases are LOVELY, and whether or not she runs around and blicks stuff is completely dependent on whether or not Nowi was trained. Her class set consists of great, okay, and WTFisthis. At least she gets default 1-2 range and +10 defense, no matter what. Now if only her recruitment chapter wasn't such a pain. . .

3.75/10 (no bias)

Nah is my favorite child character. End of story. So expect bias.

Nah can tank well, but that depends on her daddy a lot of the time, or if Nowi is at a good level/class. Avatar!Nah is a wrecking ball, but her base speed may smell a bit. A Henry!Nah makes for a great DK or Sorcerer. Aptitude!Nah is just...*extreme face*

But she doesnt come without issues. Speed like i mentioned, but she usually can double. Depending on the variables, her res can smell pretty bad too. A lot of the time, in her recruitment chapter, Nah will run into a lot of problems. Being doubled or magic spammed to death. Shitty Nahs can happen, of course, with the wrong parents. (While i love me some Virion, i never pair him and Nowi up for this reason.)

5/10

6/10 bias because i love me some Nah.

I like her and I try to use her, but in terms of practicality, her Paralogue is the last child Paralogue (and is full of hard promo units) and given the amount of work needed to get a Nowi with more class options and slightly higher stats, it's probably not worth it on anything beyond Normal or maybe Hard mode. I guess if you want another Manakete in your party to tank things or you paired the Avatar with Nowi she could be an option...

Also serious personality is serious.

5.5/10 (with bias 6.5/10 because as I said, I like her).

(edit: must've been drunk when I wrote in those scores)

Edited by Interest

She has to rely on her father for skills and classes, joins late, has meh bases due to Nowi, I hate her personality and supports, and it's hard for her to catch up.

2/10, -1 bias for 1/10.

Meh class changes and is has not much reward ingame wise since you can use a ton of units that can heal and attack or just plain do more damage.

3/10

BTW Inigo hasn't been rated yet right? I hope that I haven't missed him.

Edited by Quick

Nah:

Incredible tank, but not much else she can do that others don't do better. Even being a manakete she gets outclassed by Tiki if you discount her father's skills. Which leads to her one redeeming feature: she gets a lot of value from her father (though this could also be seen as a negative). Her father must be chosen carefully, else Nah will be much worse for wear. She's also not likely to double most enemies in late game.

6.8/10, as she's very much useable, but eugenics is a near must.

I'm fairly disappointed that people factor in postgame now because I can't take most of their ratings seriously.

I don't see what's wrong with factoring in postgame. The opening topic states that we're to assume Hard Mode. Despite the name, that isn't very hard, so it doesn't really matter what characters you use at any point. If you don't factor in EVERYTHING, then you aren't actually giving a full review.

Edited by GinRei