Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Had to throw one Nah vote because of not having enough explanation to the score.

Gee, I wonder which one that is. And I definitley wonder if you also threw out some of the Severa votes too for not having enough explanation.

Anyway, Noire.

Is simply fantastic with the right setup. If you give Tharja someone awesome like Donny, then you can get her vengeance then instantly reclass to pegasus for her journey to galeforce. Once she gets galeforce she's practically invincible, and like Inigo, becomes one of the best children characters in the game. She can practically solo endgame chapters and postgame chapters once she gets galeforce, and with instant vengeance, can do it with no problem. Probably the child character in the game due to my playstyle.

10/10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Her supports, she always does very good when i use here, and can solo some of the harder dlc when trained

9.5/10 with bias 10/10

She's amazing with the right father.

85%.

Are you talking about these?

Edited by Constable Reggie

They didn't think Noire through, did they?

Tharja has fairly low skill to begin with, and its one of the archer's main stats. Noire can be reclassed to, say, a mage or dark mage, and function fairly well with a magical father, though her E rank tomes hits hard. Magical Fathers? Henry, MU, Libra, Ricken...

5.5/10. 6.5/10 with bias because she is Nathaniel's waifu.

Copy but no bias

ugh, Noire

>___________________>

tharja's really awkward class set strikes again. Noire needs a whole lot to get going to be good. From Arms Scrolls to Galeforce to Mercenary to Myrmidon/Thief (if you're sticking with Bows).

Plus recruiting her in the main campaign is a giant pain because dat map. She will basically be useless beyond a pair up bot Bow Knight.

1/10

Hey look, an archer! Hey look, she has terrible skill! Wait, what?
Yeah, Noire is a really awkward unit, almost as awkward as her mom's reclass options. Now her low skill is mostly from her mother's side and can be countered by Hit+20, fathers and the like, so it isn't a real problem. She'll do fine as an archer, definitely a better choice than Virion, But is probably best as a mage or dark mage with a magic-based father such as Henry or Ricken In the long term. Of course this isn't really practical in the maingame, as E rank tomes aren't exactly great for chapter 14 at best.

So if you look at her as a whole, she doesn't really make use of her weapon rank as she has some really weird stats for an archer, would normally be better off as a mage but has to deal with E Rank tomes for a bit, which hurts as Brady's rating shows. Not really that great of a unit, but is nice on the long-term and can be salvageable I guess.

4/10 with +.5 bias for a 4.5/10

BLOOD AND THUNDER!!!

Noire has some problems such as her base class being ass in a handbasket. Most of her good points have to come from her daddy. Tharja has a decent speed modifier but lacks in some other areas that Noire needs. Like strength for instance. Noire has some bad reclassing options if her daddy isnt someone like Donnel or Gaius. Ive had some seriously badass Noires before but again, they did not come cheaply. A cav branch would be cool for her. Luna and defense is nice.

3/10.

4/10 bias because i love that girl.

Noire has a magic based mother but she starts as a physical class, so she will have to reclass to not be held back by Tharja's crappy str. Honestly, many of the children characters should reclass, but Noire basically has to, making her options quite limited. She should reclass into Dark Mage in order to abuse Nosferatu when she hits D tomes. Not counting what her father gives, Noire's other class option is Knight, which is bad alone, but even worse on Noire. Noire should have a magic based father, which there are not many of. Tharja won't really pass down anything that important to Noire assuming shes a Dark Mage, but a father passing down Discipline can help alleviate the route to D tomes, but she doesn't need it as much as other kids do.

4/10, Dark Mage is good but she needs to reclass and start with E tomes.

Edited by The Batter

Oh gosh, the Archer class strikes again! At least Noire can get herself out of it ASAP, which makes her really happy. Her bases are about as facepalm-worthy as Owain and Brady's, and Brady's Miracle completely outclasses both skills she gets (the enemies move in clumps, and she absolutely cannot afford to be in the middle of one). Donnel makes a surprisingly good father for her - he'll give her a flying class, and she'll give herself Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker. Her growths are. . . not as bad as I feared, really. Her paralogue is pretty frustrating, though. She CAN be amusing (Luna sniping for giggles and all), but it takes a while.

5.5/10 (+1 bias included for taking someone who very few people want and making good use of him. . .oh, and because of her past. . .I feel sorry for her. . .)

Edited by eclipse

I changed the time of day when it gets updated for my convenience. It used to be the night for me and Im going to sleep early lately. 32 minutes left, though I might as well just post Day 41 since i doubt anyone else will rate.

PKL is inconsistent

I thought Inconsistent is banned on smogon?

Inigo

Late jointime unless fathered by Chrom

Hard paralogue

Weapon Rank is iffy

ninjapower4tw

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

I doubt Noire is in the same level as a Rescue staff user.

Day 41: Inigo

In the same scrub league as Brady. Doesn't exist forever unless you go through the trouble of marrying Chrom to Olivia. And even then, he won't exist for a while due to a terribly hard Paralogue. His bases will be sucktastic because of Olivia and his skills won't be much better assuming no grind. LOL Lck+4. Terrible unit but better than Brady at least!

0.8/10 -0.8 bias for 0/10

Edited by Peekayell

Inigo: great classes and skill options, and the third best kid in my opinion. Great stats as well. Though his paralogue is the hardest in the game especially considering his meh bases, even if you bother to train Olivia. 8.5/10, +1 bias for 9.5/10.

OMG Inigo. Everyone's favorite child because he's a womanizer and generally has a cool design.

It's a shame he isn't really a good unit.

Inigo's problem are pretty apparent. Olivia's a dancer. Dancers rock. But Olivia is pretty terrible at passing down stats and good skills to her son (Yeah, she has Galeforce, Astra, and Swordfaire access, but there's no way she's gonna reach them in time unless you grind the fuck out of her.). Have fun with LUCK+4, Inigo. I was upset when Olivia couldn't pass Special Dance down to him, though. That'd be hilarious.

And not only that, but Olivia's annoying to pair unless you stick her to Chrom for all of Chapter 11. And even then, Inigo STILL won't be that great. His hard as hell paralogue doesn't help matters.

Anyway, sure, his postgame potential is pretty great. But since I don't grade on postgame potential, Inigo blows. Plain and simple. Better than the likes of Brady, though.

1/10, -.5 bias because I don't like how overrated he is. I think he's a pretty cool character, though. 0.5/10

Edited by Zeem

The best unit in the game because he can inherit galeforce in a timely manner if you use dlc to train Olivia. His stats are simply through the roof because in my playstyle, Olivia always gets paired with Donnel, who simply outclasses everyone else in the game by this point. He starts with armsthrift, which as proven, is the godliest skill in the game, and paired with aptitude, he wrecks shit all day err' day. 10/10

Inigo is not LEGENDARY he can't inherits SPECIAL DANCE 0/10

Fun Facts:

I tried to marry off Olivia to a dude in my PT

The first attempt involves lap dancing, and rescue spamming. Achieved at chapter 20, with like 4 child paralogues.... you can see this in my terrible playlog with terrible turncounts

The second attempt involves pairing her up.... with Frederick. At chapter 19(including every Paralogue). And this is in a draft situation and fuck I forgot to draft Inigo since he can pair up with Freddy

Basically, he is REALLY gimped in term of alvailability for several reasons mainly related to Support calculations(2 per dance and staff), outside of Chrom as a dad.

With Chrom, maybe he can RFK Sol, which is still not notable

Other than that, Abysmal base stats, abysmal skill pools, and IMO one of the hardest paralogue out there.

Sword Weapon Rank is worse than Lance or Axe IMHO, but its pretty cool

Overall, he is pretty meh

0.5/10

+1 bias for 1.5 because I like him and hes fathered by LEGEND and has Bowfaire

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

The best unit in the game because he can inherit galeforce in a timely manner if you use dlc to train Olivia. His stats are simply through the roof because in my playstyle, Olivia always gets paired with Donnel, who simply outclasses everyone else in the game by this point. He starts with armsthrift, which as proven, is the godliest skill in the game, and paired with aptitude, he wrecks shit all day err' day. 10/10

so beautiful

10/10.

He is SO good when he's Chrom's son. Even though he inherits Olivia's terribad stats, he can grow into a amazing Galenforcer that's great for postgame.

+1 bias because he's THAT amazing, making 11/10.

Edited by 春閣下

Chrom!Inigo
Pros:

Has Sol

Has Rightful King

Good base stats unless for some reason you never trained Chrom

Easier to train than most children

Armsthrift

Cons:
You probably won't be getting him until late game

He still requires some special way to turn him into beast mode.

8.5/10 +1 billion because he is a man of passion so 8.5 billion/10 9.5/10.

I guess if it's not Chrom fathered then 6.5/10 +1 bias makes it 7.5/10.