Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10.

He is SO good when he's Chrom's son. Even though he inherits Olivia's terribad stats, he can grow into a amazing Galenforcern that's great for postgame.

+1 bias because he's THAT amazing, making 11/10.

I smell hidden bias in this post. Shame on you, you know that these ratings must be 100% accurate lest we have people again demand that MU's 9.99 score isn't high enough.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Inigo.

+Has galeforce access, but is a pain to get.

+Decent class set. (I like him as a Swordmaster)

+Comes with a lovely killing edge.

-Meh bases.

-One of the hardest child paralogues.

6.5/10, no bias.

I honestly hated this guy's Paralogue. Furthermore, given the fact he probably won't exactly start with strong stats (probably due to Olivia, in b4 I get aggro) and the fact that he needs to land some kills to maximize the bonus items awarded by the chapter, I delayed doing this so much the first time to the point I didn't care about actually getting Inigo for usage anymore. Also worth pointing out that given his Myrmidon start and the fact a player receives numerous sword-users prior to this that they have plenty of opportunity to train, Inigo doesn't fit too well into that niche. He ultimately ends up with a slightly expanded class set (and if for some reason you manage to use Olivia enough), some potent skills. However, the investment is really not worth it imo.

Even taking into account you don't care about the bonus stuff, the Paralogue is still hard enough that you probably can't just jump into it the moment you can access it.

His personality is alright. I don't have a problem with it but I can't say I like it either.

3.5/10 (no bias score since there is no bias from me here)

Edited by Interest

So hard not to love Inigo! He's married to Severa, has counter, galeforce and is currently playing as an Assassin. Typically have him use a "killer" weapon, all this guy does is crit.

"It's been lovely."

9.5/10

edit* grammer

Edited by Volke29

Uh, some of these posts don't seem 100% legit, if you know what I mean.

Inigo is a pretty good unit, even though he comes from Olivia, who isn't known for having great stats as a Dancer. Getting Chrom as a Dad is certainly a plus, as he gets access to Rightful King, making his skills proc. more. Luck+4 is probably the only skill you will be getting from Olivia realistically, even though in theory he can get some nice stuff like Galeforce. Still, Luck+4 is a good skill for Inigo as he makes a good armsthrifter (probably his niche in the game, imo) And will probably hit 50 luck without limit breaker.

Inigo is probably going to be one of the later children characters you unlock, mostly due to Olivia joining almost right before they become available and that his chapter is pretty darn hard. This, coupled with his lowish bases means he's going to have a bit of a slow start, but he tends to get up to speed pretty quick.

His class sets are pretty good, Mercenary gives him stuff like Sol and Armsthrift, and Myrmidon gets you Swordfaire and Astra. He's probably best as an Assassin or Hero in the long run.

6/10 with +1 bias for a 7/10

Edited by Melonhead

Oh, poor Inigo.

Your availible class set, combat potential and general use are all very, very nice, considering Olivia's wide range of potential partners, and the decent starting mercenary class, and once you're grinded a bit, you could be very good. You're very similar to Severa, but there's one key difference that hits you HARD.

Inigo has some bad availibility. Not due to his paralogue, because while it has strong enemies with forges you can draw them out group by group, but because of his mother, Olivia. Her starting stats are renowned for being HORRIBLE. It will take a lot of training her to make sure that Inigo's stats don't purely rely on his father's, and that's what usually causes you to wait so long to get him. This makes it so that you either get him early at very low power, even with skirmishes ahoy, or late in the game where he'll only contribute for a few chapters anyway. Poor Inigo.

If you manage to get past that, he's as good, if not better, than Severa.

4.75/10, though 5.25/10 if it's with bias because his flirty nature is amusing.

1/10

His Mom won't pass down any good stats to him any time soon. And honestly, just skip his paralogue.

It's really interesting to see what others RTU, especially coming from previous FE games where people generally agreed on which characters were best. To each their own =)

For me, Inigo's dad was Gaius and he got some great stats. He has Galeforce/Counter/Armshift/Bowbreaker/Lethality. If he doesn't crit I wonder if something is wrong lol.

He's playing as an Assassin right now, trying to get Pass skill (In place of Lethality).

Stats:

(Current rating 256)

Lvl: 10

Str: 42

Mag: 15

Skill: 52

Speed: 50

Lck: 44

Def: 30

Res: 25

edit* added stats

Edited by Volke29

This guy.

He inherits Olivia's nonexistent stats and an okay class set/Luck+4 without grinding,and no one wants Olivia so he find it hard to come into existence,and he's mediocre unless his father is Chrom (why would you do this in a nogrind run though) and nothing amazing after.

His postgame is pretty good but who cares about postgame?

1/10 for getting galeforce and rfk/luna from chrom for postgame,no bias

edit: lowered to 1/10 after batter's post,brady probably would get like a 2.5/10 for being a readymade rescue staff but this guy's maingame is so bad

Edited by Cluie

Inigo... If his paralogue didn't happen to be the hardest of the Children paralogues (seriously kills his availability, unless you cheat to clear it early, and by cheating I mean purchasing an overpowered Avatar from the logbook), and his mother gave him better stats I'd give him a decent rating, however that is not the case.

3/10

Edited by Kamina

Oh, poor Inigo.

Your availible class set, combat potential and general use are all very, very nice, considering Olivia's wide range of potential partners, and the decent starting mercenary class, and once you're grinded a bit, you could be very good. You're very similar to Severa, but there's one key difference that hits you HARD.

Inigo has some bad availibility. Not due to his paralogue, because while it has strong enemies with forges you can draw them out group by group, but because of his mother, Olivia. Her starting stats are renowned for being HORRIBLE. It will take a lot of training her to make sure that Inigo's stats don't purely rely on his father's, and that's what usually causes you to wait so long to get him. This makes it so that you either get him early at very low power, even with skirmishes ahoy, or late in the game where he'll only contribute for a few chapters anyway. Poor Inigo.

If you manage to get past that, he's as good, if not better, than Severa.

4.75/10, though 5.25/10 if it's with bias because his flirty nature is amusing.

That but 5 and 6 biased

Inigo's paralogue is doable from the time of its availability, to be certain, just very annoying and not worth the trouble for the reward of simply recruiting Inigo. I will grant, however, the temptation of those Speedwings, but that requires a task far more arduous than the chapter itself. Reminiscent of recruiting Donnel, even.

Okay I made this rating not considering postgame but, screw it, that's what I've been doing so far and changing now would jack things up.

Anywho, Inigo is Olivia's son, and thats all that needs to be said about that. Olivia's terrible stats and a useless skill to pass down, Luck +4, make her the single worst parent. At least Brady can get Demoiselle or maybe even Rally Resistance from Maribelle, and he can still use staves to not make him completely and utterly useless like Mr. Sword Locked Footie With No Stats here. Of course, this is assuming that you only used Olivia as a dancer, which is how she is used in any efficient playthrough. His paralogue is also one of the most difficult in the game, a similar problem with Brady, the other worst unit in the game, so he won't be recruited for a very long time, meaning his crap stats/skills are even more damaging to him. Having a father with good stats can make him not useless, but why would you waste a good father to make Inigo mediocre when you can stick a good father on someone else and make them a decent unit? His one redeeming fact is that he can promote to Hero, get axes and Sol, but he starts with E rank axes at a time when E rank weapons are unacceptable so hes still a sword locked footie essentially.

0/10, terrible during the game and probably shouldn't be gotten with postgame in mind until Olivia has Galeforce

Edited by The Batter

Yikes. He's by far my best unit (Chrom!Inigo) and paired with Owain (Frederick!Owain, which I know isn't the best, but I like it a lot), they devastate anything.

Honestly, he's getting ripped to shreds. He's the unit I send up against anything and he can take it. But he can't take this board.

Rightful King-Sol, why have you failed me...!

I want to say 10/10 without bias because I can't think of a way he'd be better, but I won't. I guess I'll have to make it more realistic.

I guess 9/10 for bad availability, sorta, because of his tough paralogue. But he was still the first child I got. Olivia was 30 Dancer/20 Dark Flier when I got him, and Chrom was 20 Lord/15 Great Knight(?)/5 Great Lord. His stats were solid enough to survive.

But, with bias? A total, 100% 10/10.

My name is Inigo Montoya....

Lessee here. Ok, lets get this out of the way, Inigo can really suck ass depending on how Olivia is handled, when you get him, and whats passed down to him. If Olivia is paired without much in the way of leveling (which is highly likely on no-grind runs), Inigo is gonna wind up rather terrible. He will be almost entirely dependent on what his father gives him. A Chrom!Inigo is damn cool if Olivia receives a lot of love. If she doesnt, Inigo will be rather average or not that great. Getting Inigo to be really Montoya requires Olivia grinding. At least in my experience. He can get Galeforce which is badass for a guy like him. Chrom can give him Rightful King which means more Sol proccing. (Which already has a decent proc rate anyway) Inigo starts at a good base class. Mercenary gives him Armsthrift right off the bat and as a Hero, Sol happens and things die. He can end up with a lot of luck depending on the variables. Hes usually a crit master on my runs.

Inigo's paralogue is a real pain in the fanny too. Its probably the hardest one next to Nah's. So you have to be super careful when getting him. Depending on his stats and shit, he may not even be usable in his own chapter.

4/10.

5/10 bias. Id go 8/10 if i could but thats just cray realistically speaking. Inigo usually ends up awesome on my runs due to what i do with his parents.

If I were in charge, I'd throw out half these scores. Ahem. . .

Like Owain, Inigo starts off with a couple of nifty skills, thanks to his starting class (Armsthrift is nice, but only if I don't have to blow a Second Seal on it). Due to his mother and his bases, he will almost always be fast and made of paper. His Strength will usually be a bit behind his Speed, and for the love of everything cute, don't pair her with Ricken. He can take advantage of Vantage/Wrath, but he'd probably want more HP, so he doesn't die to a stiff breeze. His paralogue is pretty painful, but he can wield Armorslayers, which means he can do, uh, something? Giving him Galeforce is really painful, because Olivia's offense requires a hell of a lot of effort to not be garbage - at least Maribelle/Lissa can rely on Magic to get kills. Takes the most work to get going, and speedy thingy is already taken by Cynthia, whose paralogue wasn't as headache-inducing.

2/10 (no bias)

Yeah...

Terrible main story and great postgame

so uh, 5/10 makes sense.

Frederick says: Explain.

Donnel is better.

10/10

No

worse than counter!brady 0/10

No

Inigo: great classes and skill options, and the third best kid in my opinion. Great stats as well. Though his paralogue is the hardest in the game especially considering his meh bases, even if you bother to train Olivia. 8.5/10, +1 bias for 9.5/10.

Your score makes no sense in relation to what you said about him.

The best unit in the game because he can inherit galeforce in a timely manner if you use dlc to train Olivia. His stats are simply through the roof because in my playstyle, Olivia always gets paired with Donnel, who simply outclasses everyone else in the game by this point. He starts with armsthrift, which as proven, is the godliest skill in the game, and paired with aptitude, he wrecks shit all day err' day. 10/10

K, no.

10/10.

He is SO good when he's Chrom's son. Even though he inherits Olivia's terribad stats, he can grow into a amazing Galenforcer that's great for postgame.

+1 bias because he's THAT amazing, making 11/10.

Went from "omgpostgameisbeingcountednooo" to this, yeah....

NO

Such poor management of the thread.

So hard not to love Inigo! He's married to Severa, has counter, galeforce and is currently playing as an Assassin. Typically have him use a "killer" weapon, all this guy does is crit.

"It's been lovely."

9.5/10

edit* grammer

Yikes. He's by far my best unit (Chrom!Inigo) and paired with Owain (Frederick!Owain, which I know isn't the best, but I like it a lot), they devastate anything.

Honestly, he's getting ripped to shreds. He's the unit I send up against anything and he can take it. But he can't take this board.

Rightful King-Sol, why have you failed me...!

I want to say 10/10 without bias because I can't think of a way he'd be better, but I won't. I guess I'll have to make it more realistic.

I guess 9/10 for bad availability, sorta, because of his tough paralogue. But he was still the first child I got. Olivia was 30 Dancer/20 Dark Flier when I got him, and Chrom was 20 Lord/15 Great Knight(?)/5 Great Lord. His stats were solid enough to survive.

But, with bias? A total, 100% 10/10.

Gonna have to discount these too, then.

Went from "omgpostgameisbeingcountednooo" to this, yeah....

NO

He simply accounted for postgame after you said it was allowed, so it should be allowed. Unless you are simply being petty?

K, no.

Explain why my particular style of play (emphasis on postgame) isn't allowed, when other similar ones are.

Edited by Constable Reggie