Pros:

Deliverer bot.

Cherche passes down kinda good base stats

Vaike as a father gives him great STR

Lon'Qu as a father can fix his speed issues

Cons:

Late base join time if no other children are unlocked

His paralogue is one of the harder ones

Same class as Cherche, but more Reclass options make him a bit more versatile.

All in all, 5/10 without bias and 6/10 with bias because Gerome is cool like that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerome is one of the children who have a harder paralogue, in my opinion (due to the reinforcements and fast enemies from all directions), so that might put a dent in his availibility, but with the right father, he can deal both high damage and with decent speed, and can acquire well balanced stats as a WyvernRider that his mother would not have. He is one of the males who can not acquire galeforce, but that is not entirely detrimental as he is still a decently balanced unit.

His accessibility for classes is nice, too, being able to grab skills like Astra, Luna and Sol, which is very nice. All in all, I find him to be a very average child unit. It's annoying that his mother has a rather bad class set to pass down.

5.25/10, though if it's with bias it's 5.5/10 because nananananananananaBatman

Edited by The Fush

Gerome is a pretty balanced unit, so using him is never going to be a real risk. He can hit like an absolute tank if he has the right father (Stahl is a good option) His base class sets are sort of average, but he can still pick up Sol, Rally Strength, and Deliverer, which is decent.

Gerome has the issue of joining fairly late in the game, So he might have some low stats by comparison with the enemies, but his base stats in general are pretty good.

I'm not really sure what else to say, his stats are going to be pretty balanced, he's probably one of the strongest units in the game regards to strength, and he has a pretty okay class set.

5/10 with no bias for 5/10

Gerome will most likely come later than the other children, as his mother is recruited later than the others. His paralogue is also one of the more difficult ones, but if you can get around his flaws he's pretty solid.

5.5:/10

Your post was obvious trolling as usual, Reggie. So don't mind me if I ignore the troll instead of feeding it.

Nevermind the fact that I gave far more reasoning than some of the other 9-10/10 posts, but apparently those get to stay because they're just so damn sincere. Also no, you can recruit inigo in postgame. Even if you don't, you can always grind Inigo up to par. Again, your personal playstyle is trumping everyone else's.

The last post was very contradictory to what he had said before regarding postgame, which leads me to believe he's now trolling.

How is it trolling when he's now simply adhering to the rules you just set? Quit being so petty as to calling everyone a troll.

Anyway, Gerome. Probably one of the best child characters in the game.

+good class set

+access to sol, probably the best activated skill in the game

+is 5 seconds away from deliverer, which is fantastic because mov is the best stat in all Fe games

+access to several breaker skills, which is fantastic

+starts out as a wyvern rider, which is one of the best 1st tier classes in the game

+inherits cherche's amazing cap modifiers

+amazing growth rates, especially if you give Cherche Avatar or Donnel

-no galeforce

-comes late

-slightly shaky start

So like Inigo, his cons, besides not having galeforce, aren't that important since postgame is included. Unfortunately, not being able to get galeforce is definitely a blow to his rating, but he makes up for it in everything else: growth rates, class sets, available skills, deliverer, and tankmaster modifiers. Give him deliverer, sol, and some breaker skills, fly him into the middle of enemy groups, and he won't disappoint. 8.9/10 +1 because he's got a bad personality = 9.9/10 bias

Edited by Constable Reggie

5.5/10

He's fairly impressive as a flier, like his mother, but still possesses all the problems the other children suffer so can't go any higher.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with my Inigo rating. I'm merely factoring in postgame potential.

Gerome is a pretty balanced unit, so using him is never going to be a real risk. He can hit like an absolute tank if he has the right father (Stahl is a good option) His base class sets are sort of average, but he can still pick up Sol, Rally Strength, and Deliverer, which is decent.

Gerome has the issue of joining fairly late in the game, So he might have some low stats by comparison with the enemies, but his base stats in general are pretty good.

I'm not really sure what else to say, his stats are going to be pretty balanced, he's probably one of the strongest units in the game regards to strength, and he has a pretty okay class set.

5/10 with no bias for 5/10

This but 6 because strength is ridic, 7 biased

inb4 Gerome is bad because no Galeforce. Also WTF at Melonhead's bias rating. . .unless I'm reading it wrong.

Gerome has a pretty impressive set of starting stats--oh GOSH, what is up with that Luck?! His Speed growth can end up a tad low, but unless you're dead-set on pairing Cherche with Ricken, it shouldn't be too bad (Stahl, at least, gives Myrmidon, which bumps it to something a little better). He naturally flies, but probably won't be seriously challenging the enemies on his map, unless Cherche and her hubby were seriously overleveled. Eh, he can act as a ferry or something for his own map. He can give himself some silly skills (Miracle/Sol/Renewal for a unit that doesn't want to die, awful Luck be damned), but I think he'll benefit from his father's classes more than most (and by that, I mean anyone not named Brady/Cynthia/Owain/Yarne).

4/10 (no bias)

Gerome.

Oh man, incoming bias. You've been warned.

Gerome is a cool guy who doesnt afraid of anything. Except when peeps snatch his mask. Deliverer is part of what makes Gerome a good unit. He can get this one all by his onesie so it doesnt need to be passed down. Like his mum, Gerome is an offensive powerhouse. Also, like his mum, he also has a meh-ish base speed. However, with the right daddy, he could be speedier. Apititude!Gerome is a wrecking ball. Gerome loves flying around on Minerva the Cuddle Monster and axing things in the face. Hes a good strength partner too. He can get two Breaker skills all by himself too. Tomebreaker on Gerome is awesome too.

He isnt without his flaws. If you want him as magic unit, even with a magic heavy daddy, hes not that good in that field. Hes all about beating on things. So that can make Gerome a bit less versatile. (I havent even tried Sorcerer Gerome so.../shrug) His paralogue can be a real pain in the fanny. I rank it as the third hardest out of the lot. Mostly due to the map layout. But since his base class is pretty wiggy, hes not having too many issues, unless those Snipers get near.. With the wrong daddy, Gerome's speed will SUCK. His reclass options will take a hit too with the wrong dad. A Virion!Gerome will NOT be good UNLESS Virion is ridiculously tweaked with. Since i give Virion ridiculous amounts of favoritism, this isnt much of an issue on my runs, but in general.... I have found Gerome does really well as a Dread Fighter. Dat Axe rank really helps along with Aggressor and some Breaker skills. Hnngh.

5/10.

6/10 super bias points. I love this guy. Absolutely love him.

Maingame: Cherche is an alright mother and can pass down Carrier to Gerome so he can help clear the defeat commander chapters quickly. He's flying and has C axes so that's automatically better than most of the crap that other kids have to deal with but he comes kinda late and his speed might be mediocre 4.5/10

Postgame: He's a kid, so good caps are practically guaranteed especially in Str. He can't get Galeforce, however, which holds him back a tad. Sol, Aggressor, and all the breakers he can get make for great skills and he has access to fliers, which is always good 8.5/10

Average: 6.5/10

Really, for Inigo, just count the ones that aren't obvious trolling (Reggie's isn't trolling). What, we can't give Inigo a high score because you disagree based on the way you play? Because that's certainly the way you're acting PKL, here. Heck, by your logic, let's discount every post here that doesn't give a full, detailed description on every single aspect about the character! >_>

Gerome. This guy is one tough unit to kill. He is a great frontline guy for me and is usually on my "A-Team."

8/10 no bias.

Other notes:

Father Kellam (my Frederick)

Pavise / Swordbreaker / Lucky Seven / Acrobat / Movement +1

Currently playing him as a lvl 1 Hero

hqdefault.jpg

*edit added notes

Edited by Volke29

Really, for Inigo, just count the ones that aren't obvious trolling (Reggie's isn't trolling). What, we can't give Inigo a high score because you disagree based on the way you play? Because that's certainly the way you're acting PKL, here. Heck, by your logic, let's discount every post here that doesn't give a full, detailed description on every single aspect about the character! >_>

Sigh....If I really hated your playstyle, I wouldn't have allowed it in the first place. I'm just saying, the scores don't make any sense because to get to postgame you have to beat maingame. It doesn't make sense at all to only count postgame performance. Sure, it's your playstyle, but how did he do when you beat maingame? After all, you always have to play the maingame but not postgame. It is something that was meant to please whoever likes postgame by giving them like 3 points more than usual factoring in postgame. But you know it's getting out-of-hand when he's being rated the same as Avatar.

I should've been more clear on how postgame factors in for the children. Maybe by adding yet another rule to the OP. Though I didn't think it would get this crazy when it comes to ratings.

EDIT: And votes that aren't like that should be discounted. If it doesn't tell me anything about that person's logic for the score (like Eclipse said in the other thread) then it should be thrown, plain and simple.

Edited by Peekayell

Because he's GOOD, and can be as good as Avatar, if not better. He can get up to scratch and be great easily enough to give him at least a 5.5 if you didn't count postgame, and seeing as you said postgame counts for 3 points at max, and he deserves those three points, I'd say 8.5 without bias is reasonable. And he's always been great by the time I've beaten maingame, because I use him and his family a lot. And I did state my logic, reasonably enough so that my vote shouldn't be discounted.

Gerome. Cherche's kid. He comes a bit late, Chapter 17 at the earliest due to how his Paralogue works. I find he's actually really cool if fathered by Gaius in the maingame, getting possibly Mov+1 and Deliverer from his mom for amazing results. His stats might be shaky at the point he joins though but I find he does decently and grows well.

3.5/10

@ Vapo- yes I counted your vote.

LAST DAY (YEEEEEEES...*coughs*): Morgan

Avatar who joins mid game, and definitely the most powerful character in post game, because they can get everything that is not PRF sums them up.

But not really

Morgan started with the same class as their mother/father, unless its a unique class(Dancer and Lord) in which they started as Tactician. Theres is a curse in disguise with Morgan where he CAN BE A TERRIBLE CHARACTER if for some reason, you married Lissa and Marribelle *I found this the hard way during my draft, so this somewhat hurts their otherwise perfect capability.

So, you need to marry a proper character, which is pretty simple because you have tons of cool characters in the cast who started in cool classes.

Can inherit nice skills such as Galeforks and the best skill in the game such as Veteran with proper marriage choice and Avatar training. For the efficiency route, you want to marry Avatar to Chrom for triple the MU, which means you don't need to give Morgan Veteran. Personally I never done this because Chrom(in my biased view mostly related to characterization) sucks, but I imagine he Avatar can get Galeforce around chapter 14 - 15, so thats pretty cool

Afterwards, Morgan is like MU, they can do anything you want. I suggest doing to simple route and reclass them into a Flying or Mounted unit and call it a day. Deliverer Galeforks Morgan is a pretty cool thing.

In term of alvailability, Morgan Paralogue is extremely easy, and can be 1 turned easilly, so hes cool on this note.

That being said, Morgan is, put simply a good example of a unit who can be well liked in a slower playstyles and faster playstyles alike, which is something that IS never manage to do correctly for years.

8/10(cool, but the alvailability mid game stings)

+1 bias because Female Morgan is adorable

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Wait. Who said this was the last day? I have every intent of doing the DLC and Spotpass paralouge characters.

Whatever morgs.

Lord what a monster she can become. Take the best of MU and the best of the children mix them together and you got Morgan. Second or third gen they will kick ass. Starts out pretty shaky given that you can immeadetly do their map. Great growths best caps. 9/10

what about Gangrel,Walhart,Emmeryn,Yen'Fay and Prims Priam :smug:

Anyway,Morgan.

It's basically a second MU with all the customization options that can be obtained after Ch13. On par with everyone on jointime,and quickly surpasses them due to Veteran and can take the Naga's Tear if he had a bad mom/dad statwise. Is ultimately the best at anything and everything in postgame.

8/10 for having the best postgame in existence and not-horrible maingame but not existing until 14 minimum holds him back a little.

Edited by Cluie

Wait. Who said this was the last day? I have every intent of doing the DLC and Spotpass paralouge characters.

Whatever morgs.

Lord what a monster she can become. Take the best of MU and the best of the children mix them together and you got Morgan. Second or third gen they will kick ass. Starts out pretty shaky given that you can immeadetly do their map. Great growths best caps. 9/10

No way on DLC characters. That would take stupidly long lol. I'll do bonus spotpass paralogues though. If there's enough demand on DLC characters then sure though.

Definetely no to regular spotpass. That would take centuries.

Edited by Peekayell

Pretty much the Avatar, but joins halfway through the game with WTFbases. Well, if you didn't pair the Avatar with someone like Lissa, Maribelle, or someone else that's annoying to level. Both Morgans, male and female, are definitely the best of the Gen II kids. I don't know what else to say.

8/10

No way on DLC characters. That would take stupidly long lol. I'll do bonus spotpass paralogues though. If there's enough demand on DLC characters then sure though.

Definetely no to regular spotpass. That would take centuries.

I agree with regular Spotpass. The only way I ever even considered it was to do the games grouped together. Not team by team. 110 days ha no one is that crazy.

But if you don't want to do the DLC characters I'll have eclipse unlock the original thread and I can run it.

Morgan is a second avatar, who can still get veteran, and his only difference between him/her and his/her parent is that there'll be slight stat influence from her mother. Because he can have any parent, he can acquire exclusive skills, exclusive classes, and things that even the Avatar can't get. He also has one of the easiest paralogues.

The only bad thing is that he joins slightly underleveled; but with the rescources availible and the inherited stats, does that really matter? Also, both Morgans can acquire Galeforks.

9/10, though with bias it's 10/10, because the optimism and sadism moments are hilarious.