Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Morgan got a much lower rating than I thought he/she would :o

Gangrel:

Joins after Chapter 25 in the maingame, with decent...ish bases. There's 5 paralogues left to do (if you do them) and Endgame. He's thoroughly mediocre in them though imo. Having no supports and being outclassed by all the characters you're using at this point. The guy doesn't even join with A swords when he really should be :/. I don't count postgame but I bet he's probably really bad in that too.

0.5/10 -0.5 bias for doing what he did to Emm 0/10

Stealing

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PKL sux

Maingame: Gangrel is able to double some of the slower enemies on the paralogues and Endgame and can wield a Levin Sword for some decent damage, but what really matters is that he can use rescue staves, has 7 mov and 26 magic, so he helps with speed clearing Endgame if he's recruited. His practically nonexistent availability and no supports at this point really hold him back. All in all, he's basically a second Anna

Postgame: Still no supports unless you pair him with Avatar, but has decent caps for a magic user. Unfortunately, his class options kinda suck with regard to skills but he can use dark magic, so that's something i suppose.

1.5/10

adding +0.5 bias because Emmeryn's scene is overrated, 2/10

FE12 chapter 16x>FE13 chapter 9/10, come at me

Edited by shadykid

Gangrel can use most of the ranged staves immediately (thus making him a good emergency staff user), ignores terrain penalties, dodges like how I wish Anna would, and comes with a nifty weapon. He's a pain in the ass to recruit, but I think he's well worth it. His bases are pretty damn good, save Luck (I calculated Anna's stats if she hit level 15 Trickster, and she doesn't even come close). His class set mirrors Henry's, which means he can take advantage of both the Dark Mage line and the Barbarian line. His growths are surprisingly good, and a Barbarian's Axefaire will only sweeten things. His biggest flaw is his join time - if he joined any earlier, he'd be insane. My biggest regret is not training him to potential.

7/10 (+1 bias included for a hilarious conversation if you have him attack the boss of his map)

I will be rescoring Inigo because everyone seems to have an issue with it.

Inigo: great classes and skill options, and the third best kid in my opinion. Great stats as well. Though his paralogue is the hardest in the game especially considering his meh bases, even if you bother to train Olivia. 8.5/10, +1 bias for 9.5/10.

He defended this so I counted it.

10/10.

He is SO good when he's Chrom's son. Even though he inherits Olivia's terribad stats, he can grow into a amazing Galenforcer that's great for postgame.

+1 bias because he's THAT amazing, making 11/10.

Didn't defend it. Took it as trolling. I apologize if this is your actual opinion. Elaborate on it if that's what you think or revote and I will count it.

So hard not to love Inigo! He's married to Severa, has counter, galeforce and is currently playing as an Assassin. Typically have him use a "killer" weapon, all this guy does is crit.

"It's been lovely."

9.5/10

edit* grammer

Not enough info.

Uh, some of these posts don't seem 100% legit, if you know what I mean.

Inigo is a pretty good unit, even though he comes from Olivia, who isn't known for having great stats as a Dancer. Getting Chrom as a Dad is certainly a plus, as he gets access to Rightful King, making his skills proc. more. Luck+4 is probably the only skill you will be getting from Olivia realistically, even though in theory he can get some nice stuff like Galeforce. Still, Luck+4 is a good skill for Inigo as he makes a good armsthrifter (probably his niche in the game, imo) And will probably hit 50 luck without limit breaker.

Inigo is probably going to be one of the later children characters you unlock, mostly due to Olivia joining almost right before they become available and that his chapter is pretty darn hard. This, coupled with his lowish bases means he's going to have a bit of a slow start, but he tends to get up to speed pretty quick.

His class sets are pretty good, Mercenary gives him stuff like Sol and Armsthrift, and Myrmidon gets you Swordfaire and Astra. He's probably best as an Assassin or Hero in the long run.

6/10 with +1 bias for a 7/10

Didn't actually throw this one out, but Im just quoting it because I definetely wasnt the only one thinking something was going on.

1/10

His Mom won't pass down any good stats to him any time soon. And honestly, just skip his paralogue.

I threw this out at the last moment because of not enough info. Sorry for that, you can revote or elaborate and I will count it.

worse than counter!brady 0/10

Donnel is better.

10/10

No explanation needed.

Terrible main story and great postgame

so uh, 5/10 makes sense.

I counted it, but please elaborate more next time.

If I were in charge, I'd throw out half these scores. Ahem. . .

Like Owain, Inigo starts off with a couple of nifty skills, thanks to his starting class (Armsthrift is nice, but only if I don't have to blow a Second Seal on it). Due to his mother and his bases, he will almost always be fast and made of paper. His Strength will usually be a bit behind his Speed, and for the love of everything cute, don't pair her with Ricken. He can take advantage of Vantage/Wrath, but he'd probably want more HP, so he doesn't die to a stiff breeze. His paralogue is pretty painful, but he can wield Armorslayers, which means he can do, uh, something? Giving him Galeforce is really painful, because Olivia's offense requires a hell of a lot of effort to not be garbage - at least Maribelle/Lissa can rely on Magic to get kills. Takes the most work to get going, and speedy thingy is already taken by Cynthia, whose paralogue wasn't as headache-inducing.

2/10 (no bias)

Quoting to show that, again, I wasn't the only one thinking something was going on.

Rating Inigo 0/10 if I can. No explanation needed, children are useless.

Gerome 0/10 as well.

I obviously threw this one. If you can't bother explaining, I can't bother counting it.

Edited by Peekayell

[spoiler=Irrelevant Nonsense]Walmart sold Duracell, and Walhart is the prove of that, because he is just like FE8 Duessel.....

if he joined at the end of the game with like 1 - 4 stages left to play with

He has AAA Rank, unkillable durability, and a H4x Prf Weapon(Helswath minus the bonus defense), and an equally h4x Base stats, and 8 Mov, and to top it off, a solid Pair Up Bonus(+5 to STR, SPD, and DEF AND Mov FTW)

Skill wise, he gets Conquest, which is practically useless, because BK and Hammer don't exist, or at least not anymore

And he has no support outside of MU. Bleh

Yeah... you only get at best B support if you do his parlogue before everything else. Thankfully, if you have a competent Chrom's Waifu his recruitment is not as annoying as the Fallen Queen(which can be 1 - 2 turned anyway), and the Fallen Mad King, and the Fallen Idiot from the Volcano. Basically, Walhart is a risen amongst the fallen in terms of Spotpass Paralogue units.

Another one of those competent late joiner who cost turns to recruit, pretty much.

1/10(same problem as everyone of his group, but is arguably the best of the bunch, in term of pure combat and Pair Up)

+0.25(1.25) bias because while he is pretty interesting.....

HIS

ARC

IS

A

FILLER

And failed to conquer Lunatic+(this is a personal attack)

Walhart falied to Conquer Lunatic+

0/10

-1 bias for being unable to Conquer Lunatic+ :Kappa:

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

So, uh, should we be doing Walhart and Inigo again? I'm sort of confused.

Walhart has the interesting gimmick of being the only person in the whole game who can go to the Conqueror class, which is essentially more of a balanced great knight. Nothing really special here.

His bases are pretty darn good, and depending on the difficulty may be close to capping, so he would make a good endgame unit netherless. His reclass options are going to be a bit limited due to his special class, but he can pick up stuff like Luna and Deliverer, at least. If you do plan on using him, you really should be keeping him as a Conqueror because that's his only niche compared to other classes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that A A A weapon rank base is pretty sweet as well. +.25

3.25/10 with -1 bias for 2.25/10

Inigo redo:

Inigo is going to join a bit later than the other children characters due to the fact that Olivia joins right before children characters are brought into the game, and his chapter only becomes accessible later in the story. Now, when Inigo joins his stats are going to often be sub-par due to Olivia being the parent, but this can be somewhat countered by the father, possibly Chrom. Having Chrom as a dad gets Inigo Rightful King and a much needed stat boost, so that is often preferred.

Olivia has the ability to pass down great skills such as Astra and Galeforce, but without grinding the only skill she is realistically passing down is going to be Luck+4. This is an okay skill at best, but it allows Inigo to be a better armsthrifter, which I think is what he should be doing in the game.

Inigo can grab stuff like Sol, Swordfaire and Astra natrually, and will be boosted by his father's classes as well.

In the end, Inigo's usability is really up to his father, so he can either be a pretty weak unit or one that is decent. In my opinion Inigo makes a good armsthrifter for various reasons.

4.5/10 with +1 bias for 5.5/10

Edited by Melonhead

Nonono, not everyone will rescore Inigo. Just the ones whose votes are shaky to me, which I quoted.

Isn't that all of them?

Okay, my redo stands as my rating then.

Isn't that all of them?

Okay, my redo stands as my rating then.

Your first rating was ok though. I just quoted you for something else lol.

Walhart is a little tricky to recruit, but he's a lot more of a competent fighter than say, Gangrel. He starts with A rank in any weapon he'll be able to access in any class of his, which is VERY nice to start off with. This, combined with his decent class sets make him a competent fighter no matter what class he's as. He's not exactly versatile, but he can, say, go Griffon Rider for a speedy route or General for a tanky one (or you'll keep him as a Conqueror once you're done with him). Conquest is a nice touch in any class that isn't Wyvern Lord, and he can access two breaker skills, Luna, Pavise and Deliverer, so he'll be off decently.

In conclusion, Walhart is one of the bonus characters who is easy to get up to speed with your party due to his excellent weapon ranks and decent skills, although they are lacking in quantity. Maybe Aggressor will have to fit in if you want to use him in the harder DLC maps (Dread Fighter Walhart OP). Oh, and like every other bonus character, he only has one support. Shame.

6.25/10

One of the easier bonus characters to recruit. Good bases. Solid class set. Good growths. All in all a great filler just like his arc. 3/10

Walhart

Story: Late etc = 0.5

Post: Good reclass, AAA weapons, Conquest, mount + Deliverer = 8/10 - 0.5 for having one support

Actual rating = 4 - bias bc giant lobster for 3/10

Having a unique class really screws Walhart over in post-game, because he only gets around 66% of the skills that most first gen units get.

He is a good offensive unit though, with a great strength mod, not to mention an awesome PRF. Luna is just icing on the cake.

In the end, he's basically a one trick pony. It's not a great trick, but it's a trick nonetheless.

2/10

Walhart

Pros:

+ Starts in unique class, and can use a Second Seal to get it to Lv. 1 and reap the benefits of having a Lv. 15 unit with endgame stats, thanks to his great bases.

+ All melee physical weapon ranks are A Rank, meaning he can fill any physical weapon needs in the army.

+ Conqueror, while not as strong or sturdy as Great Knight, has higher skill and speed.

+ Easier to recruit than the first Spotpass Paralogue character.

+ Almost every skill that Walhart learns will benefit him in one way or another. It also makes it easier to have more varied skill builds, unlike Donnel.

+ Unique axe weapon that is throwable.

Cons

- Has the second lowest amount of learnable skills (Donnel has the lowest).

- Like every Spotpass Paralogue character, he has the least amount of Supports.

- While his Spotpass Paralogue is somewhat easy, it's pretty difficult, unlike Gangrel's Paralogue, so you may want to it after Gangrel's to get your units some levels in preparation for this.

Walhart is interesting. Thanks to his high stats, he can be put to use immediately, like most Spotpass Paralogue characters. His unique axe is also one a good weapon to use, but not overuse, thanks to being the only one of its kind.

In postgame, Walhart is, like most other Spotpass Paralogue characters, able to pull his weight and make his recruitment worth it. His unique class, weapon, weapon ranks, and skills, gives him the edge in terms of survival, and he will hit hard as well, thanks to his fantastic Strength and Defense modifiers.

His negative Speed modifier limits his ability to double attack in the postgame, but it's not really a dealbreaker. All in all, like most (or all) Spotpass Paralogue characters, he will be solid and usable for a filler slot from the start.

Maingame Rating: 4/10 (4.5/10 with bias, because he's kinda cool.)

Postgame Rating: 7.5/10 (8/10 with bias, look above)

Overall Rating (Use this one for rating purposes): 5/10 (5.5/10 with bias)

There's not much to say about Walhart. Like most (or all) Spotpass Paralogue characters, he can immediately be put to use in the limited Chapters left of the maingame upon his recruitment, and he will do fine in the postgame as well.

Its a shame that Waly forgot how to use aegis after he fought you.

But anyway Walhart joins with some pretty good bases, which coupled with his weapon ranks and special weapon make him usefull right out of the box. His levelling speed is pretty good as well since he only had his conquerer class.

The downside is that Walhart only has one skill when he joins and not a great one either. He does learn some good skills like Pavise, Luna and deliverer and some alright ones in the breaker skills, but he needs a few levels to gain those, which won't happen until post game.

I actually have no idea how i'm supposed to rate Waly since I haven't played everything in post game yet and i'm wondering how I should rate him in comparision to characters who where there the whole game and have a reasonable postgame as well.

.........uh 4/10?

Edited by Sasori

Having a unique class really screws Walhart over in post-game, because he only gets around 66% of the skills that most first gen units get.

He is a good offensive unit though, with a great strength mod, not to mention an awesome PRF. Luna is just icing on the cake.

In the end, he's basically a one trick pony. It's not a great trick, but it's a trick nonetheless.

2/10

Maingame: badass bases and a badass 1-2 range weapon but he forgot how to skills and his one skill doesn't even matter. Has almost no time to do anything and reclassing him at this point probably hurts him more than anything. Also has no supports 2.5/10

Postgame: Has good skills and Conqueror, which lets him use all weapons and has arguably better caps than Great Knight and 1 more mov. His supports are extremely limited. Also for some reason he can't get Aegis or Prescience even though those are his only other skills on Hard 3/10

Average: 2.75/10

+1 bias because he is the best villain in this game 3.75/10

Edited by The Batter

2/10

this, not even putting bias points here because screw that

He's got some amazingly tanky stats (79 HP/38 DEF/21 RES), with everything else ranging from passable to nice. He gets his own weapon, and his own class. . .but he only gets one skill out of it, and it's not a Really Huge Deal. All of his classes, save Knight, can take advantage of his custom weapon. Alas, he gets no Armsthrift, so he'll need Infinite Regalia/Hammerne to truly spam it. He's got a monstrous HP growth, but won't be able to take advantage of it for too long. I'd gripe about his Speed, but he's not too far from his caps. He'll do fine for a filler unit, even if his support pool is lolAvatar.

7/10 (no bias)

He's got some amazingly tanky stats (79 HP/38 DEF/21 RES), with everything else ranging from passable to nice. He gets his own weapon, and his own class. . .but he only gets one skill out of it, and it's not a Really Huge Deal. All of his classes, save Knight, can take advantage of his custom weapon. Alas, he gets no Armsthrift, so he'll need Infinite Regalia/Hammerne to truly spam it. He's got a monstrous HP growth, but won't be able to take advantage of it for too long. I'd gripe about his Speed, but he's not too far from his caps. He'll do fine for a filler unit, even if his support pool is lolAvatar.

7/10 (no bias)

I agree with all but the score.

5/10

Walhart reminds me of Stannis Baratheon. Remember how Loras says Stannis has the personality of a lobster? Well Walhart has the wardrobe of a lobster and Stannis' schtick going on. Walhart manages to be more one-dimensional sadly. Otherwise hes FE Stannis and thats awesome.

Gameplay wise, well, Walhart is kinda cool. Hes got some cool bases and shizz. His class is kinda neat too because of EXP gains and stuff. Dem weapon ranks. Its fun to tinker with him and get neat skills and then reclass him back to Conqueror. Hes pretty tanky overall and not a bad fit on a post-game team. Cuz really, thats the only time yer gonna use the guy. The downside is he has no supports outside Avatar, but thats a fault in every spotpass paralogue character. Hes good for some Pair Up shenanigans with Avatar and his hilarious quotes.

5/10.

His unique class is pretty much a better GK, and his mods are pretty huge. His class set sucks, but he can pick up Deliverer, DG+, Breakers and Luna at least, and has his PRF Helswath lite so he's not as high maintenance as a few other non armsthrifters by having a good weapon with zero competition, even with his lack of supports (hey he still gives MOV!)

basically what everyone else says; one trick pony (but relatively good at his one trick) 4/10, including +1 bias because his quotes and MU supports have more personality in them than the whole cast of Awakening.

2/10