Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Maingame: Why can you get this guy but not beat the game? He can help clear Endgame I suppose .5/10

Postgame: For some reason he has Sword/Lancebreaker without access to Wyvern Rider and Luna without access to Great Knight, which increases his potential by quite a bit. He can also tack on Swordfaire and Bowbreaker for some more good skill options. His physical caps are pretty good but he has very few support options 5/10

Average: 2.75/10

Edited by The Batter

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's got pretty crazy stats and class set but he comes after everything is done

still,he's ok for postgame

1.5/10

lol using him in the maingame >_>

especially considering his map is harder than the final chapter

Gets a good assortment of skills though (Sol, Pass, Luna, Astra, Counter and three breakers).

0.8/10

I'll use this but 0/10 instead.

Priam comes with 3 breaker skills, two of which are from classes he can't access, plus luna and sol. Though you'll mostly likely get him in postgame, he's really good in it. Also, he comes with a ragnell and his bases are beast. However, he suffers from a huge lack of supports.

7.5/10

Yeah this more or less.

I'm just going to evaluate postgame only here :P

He gets not one, but three skills he can't get normally. This makes up for his class tree being somewhat silly. He can pick up Swordfaire to make his already excellent sword use better. His bases beat out the rest of the paralogue guys, which makes his growths kinda irrelevant. I'd gladly burn a Dread Scroll on him, because it looks like he can make good use of that class! He can be thrown as-is into a team, and can function as a combat unit (supports aside).

7.5/10 (no bias, because his apparent badassness is canceled by his somewhat bland personality)

Omg Priam's skills. Just Priam's skills. His skills are so cray for a guy like him, its hard not get a nosebleed looking at them. He cant get those Breakers normally and the combo there is pretty nice right out of the box. His bases are pretty decent too. He makes for a pretty good pair up partner and his hair is amazing.

I havent really played much around with Priam to be honest so i dont know what he can really do. Having a manly deep voice and a really fun paralogue is cool so he gets a 5/10. 6/10 because hes related to Ike (somehow) and dat hair. Just dat hair.

Priam

Pros

+ Comes with not one, not two, but three skills that he can't get normally, including Luna.

+ Ridiculous bases and skills means he can be used as-is.

+ Comes with a free Ragnell, a two-range sword.

+ Joins automatically upon completion of his Paralogue.

Cons

- His Paralogue will likely be completed last, meaning he won't be much useful in the endgame.

- Suffers from the Spotpass Paralogue character curse of limited Supports.

- He may want to go through Mercenary before you do anything with him because he doesn't start with Armsthrift.

- He only has Bow Knight as a mounted class, meaning he will likely stay as a foot unit when you've trained him.

Priam simply starts good and stays good when you get him, which is good, because his Paralogue will most certainly be completed last out of the Spotpass Paralogue characters. He won't be much use to you for the endgame, but postgame is another story entirely, where he gets to make use of his ridiculous stats to make things much easier for you.

There's not much to say about Priam. He has very low awailability, but good enough stats to always be a choice for a map if you want to.

Maingame Rating: 1/10 (No bias)

Postgame Rating: 8/10 (No bias)

Overall Rating (use this for calculations): 3/10 (No bias)

As far as units go, you can do worse than using Priam. His maingame is just about non-existent due to his awailability, but his postgame is pretty good, where he gets to use his ridiculous stats and skills to his advantage.

Priam got 4 unbiased and 4.19 biased.

You all have spoken, so we're going to do DLC characters now.

DLC Marth:

Can come pretty early because his Xenologue is pretty easy. His bases are ok and he can use every Falchion including Lucina's. He has Aptitude, which makes him a monster. And has all reclass options so he can be a Cavalier with Aptitude...yikes. He's pretty amazing. Lack of supports hurts a bit, but I find he does just fine with a stat stick. His stats are kinda OP after awhile.

9/10 +1 bias because favorite lord 10/10

EDIT: It's also worth noting that he can reclass to Tact to get Veteran then reclass to Cavalier for Discipline, Veteran and Aptitude xD

EDIT 2: Changed my mind. I underrated him.

Edited by PKL

0/10, Marth sux

Priam got 4 unbiased and 4.19 biased.

You all have spoken, so we're going to do DLC characters now.

DLC Marth:

Can come pretty early because his Xenologue is pretty easy. His bases are ok and he can use every Falchion including Lucina's. He has Aptitude, which makes him a monster. And has all reclass options so he can be a Cavalier with Aptitude...yikes. He's pretty amazing. Lack of supports hurts a bit, but I find he does just fine with a stat stick. His stats are kinda OP after awhile.

8/10 +1 bias because favorite lord 9/10

EDIT: It's also worth noting that he can reclass to Tact to get Veteran then reclass to Cavalier for Discipline, Veteran and Aptitude xD

this except -0.5 bias because I like my supports damnit, so 7.5/10 with bias

Edited by shadykid

One hell of a unit.

Think donnel with decent bases and acces to every male class. He can use any form of falcion if chrom or Lucina got RNG screwed. Pretty OP. Also one of my rally bots so he gets a point of bias for that. 8/10: +bias 9/10

8/10 +1 bias because most OP lord 9/10

EDIT: It's also worth noting that he can reclass to Tact to get Veteran then reclass to Cavalier for Discipline, Veteran and Aptitude xD, which is useful because he usually is 1 panel short of a throne

:Kappa:

:smug:

The access to every male skill tree makes him pretty good. Aptitude assures almost max stats by the time you get all the skills you want on him, so that's good. Only problem is the Spotpass!King Marth already has a decent amount of amazing skills and higher beginning stats, and, in a game with potentially infinite experience, Spotpass!King Marth may be a better Marth with those skills. Prince Marth also does not have one of those amazing exclusive skills like some of the others do (like Conquest or Shadowgift). Aptitude isn't really as great as these two skills, in my opinion, especially in this game. Otherwise, Prince Marth is pretty good, especially if you pick him up early game.

8/10

-0.3 bias for 7.7/10.

zm we did rate the fe9 trial map units :p

anyway: marf has not shitty bases and aptitude, so he grows pretty much as fast as MU with no supports

his unique class isn't that special but he can at least use rapiers in Valm and falchions if Chrom/Lucina got RNG screwed

7/10 for being early and having Aptitude and all classes with +1 bias for being the best lord

We're only doing DLC units, I think. Not spotpass.

Prince Marth has aptitude, all reclass options and decent starting stats! He can also get Veteran, Armsthrift, Vantage and other such wonderful skills. The oppurtunities only broaden further later on... provided you aren't using magic.

But really, what seperates him from the other DLC units is his combination of Aptitude and Veteran (possibly). It's beautiful.

Also Falchion/Rapiers.

8.5/10

Edited by The Fush

So, are we rating these people by availability on the DLC chapter's difficulty? Because that changes some things down the line.

This should be in a different section to the maingame characters, too.

Prince Marth laughs at Donnel through the fact that he has aptitude AND usable bases, so he's much more helpful in that way. Pair this with the fact that he has Avatar's reclass options AND Lodestar, sort of a FE1/11 type lord as a special class, and you have one dangerous unit on your hands. Throw him veteran and watch the stats just explode.

My issue is because he's a DLC class he doesn't have any support options and no depth really as a character, so he's limited in that way compared to the rest of the people you could be using.

Lodestar gives availability to Falchions and Rapiers, so that's a plus.

7/10 with no bias for a 7/10