Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of Basilio the same way as I think of Say'ri, Tiki, Flavia, and the Spotpass units; filler, and filler only.

Basilio's a good warrior if you don't have one; he's got high strength, decent speed, and not only has a high axe rank, but also a high bow rank, so he can use a lot of nice bows instantly. Rally Strength is also a decent skill. He comes in very late in the game, so he can barely support with anyone (although he works fine with Flavia), so don't expect him to be your best contributor.

5/10, can work fine in post-DLC and stuff like that too.

5.5/10 if it's with bias, because I kinda like his voice and crit lines.

Tiki's unbiased score: 6.37

Tiki's biased score: 6.71

i was bored

Thanks. I was just about to do that until I saw this :D.

On to Basilio,

Rally Strength, poor supports, terrible availability. His combat isnt actually that bad in his join map, but like...everyone else is better at this point. He can help with the north enemies or some generals though, so that's...something? And he has Bow Dual Strikes in the next chapter I guess. Lack of supports will make his dual strike odds terrible though...

1/10

Day 31: Flavia

Sol, decent-ish stats, can take the hammer from Basilio and help with like 2 Generals and then she's mediocre in Chapter 24.Then she's completely useless in Endgame. Terrible and too late.

0.5/10

EDIT: Lowered her score a little bit.

Edited by Peekayell

Day 31: Flavia

Sol, decent-ish stats, can take the hammer from Basilio and help with like 2 Generals and then she's mediocre in Chapter 24.Then she's completely useless in Endgame. Terrible and too late.

1/10

What about Chapter 25?

So Flavia: Picture Basilio except without RS, Bows or a big brown arse.

1.5/10 -1 bias for being Flavia.

pretty terrible

ok stats but having no supports built up by chapter 23 is horrible in this game, and no rallyskills to help her out

0.5+1 bias because she's pretty awesome so 1.5/10

What about Chapter 25?

So Flavia: Picture Basilio except without RS, Bows or a big brown arse.

1.5/10 -1 bias for being Flavia.

Chapter 25 is too fast to be relevant. So are most endgame maps but w/e :P

Anyway, Basilio got 2.43 unbiased and 2.93 biased.

It's a question of whether Flavia's combat is better than Basilio's utility. I think Basilio wins out but I can't change his vote now. Maybe I'll lower Flavia's or something.

Rally STR and best weapon in the game(Hammer :Cord: ) > Flavia

Flavia has hammer access too though, better bases and Sol for what it's worth.

@ your edit- yes. But even that utility is questionable.

Edited by Peekayell

Flavia

1/10 for having the same problems as Basilio, doesn't get a 0 because she is not utterly unusable. +1 bias for 2/10. Seriously why are like the two most badass characters the two worst units.

2/10 unbiased because unlike Basilio, she can actually double, which is a huge contributor to offense. I can't help but feel that these two would be so much better with an auto-A support because let's face it, no one fights alone anymore. Sadly, she walks the lonely way (like Melos), and does nothing impressive on offense or defense to make up for the fact that she does not exist for most of the game.

-1 bias because almost all of her interactions with Basilio make her look like a crabby, mean-spirited bully. 1/10

Lets see the chapters

Awakening - Basilio has 31 SPD vs Flavia 32, 34 STR vs 36 STR, 30 vs 28 DEF

TSOG - At 57/19, Basilio with 34 STR who does 17 Damage weaponless, OHKO Aversa with +1 Silver Bow. To do the same, Flavia need to use Brave Weapons, which does not exist at this point.

FInale -

Basilio can Rally STR(2 Damage x 8, 16 damage against the General in the front). Hail the Swath access, and Brave Hax his way

Flavia has 37 SPD with Balmung, and can Brave Hax her way anyway.

I dunno about you, but I think Basilio > Flavia ->_>

nobody in their right minds would give them the legendary weapon, but its there

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Lets see the chapters

Awakening - Basilio has 31 SPD vs Flavia 32, 34 STR vs 36 STR, 30 vs 28 DEF

TSOG - At 57/19, Basilio with 34 STR who does 17 Damage weaponless, OHKO Aversa with +1 Silver Bow. To do the same, Flavia need to use Brave Weapons, which does not exist at this point.

FInale -

Basilio can Rally STR(2 Damage x 8, 16 damage against the General in the front). Hail the Swath access, and Brave Hax his way

Flavia has 37 SPD with Balmung, and can Brave Hax her way anyway.

I dunno about you, but I think Basilio > Flavia ->_>

nobody in their right minds would give them the legendary weapon, but its there

Implying Basilio or Flavia would be fighting Aversa. :P None of them should be doing combat to be honest, but if flavia does, she has like the same stats (except hp) + sol access. Also, Helswath is very very likely to be used by better units :P

Implying Basilio or Flavia would be fighting Aversa. :P None of them should be doing combat to be honest, but if flavia does, she has like the same stats (except hp) + sol access. Also, Helswath is very very likely to be used by better units :P

because Aversa is the only enemy that matters in that chapter >_>

Basilio had some usefulness. Flavia does not have Rally Strength and cannot one round Generals. 1/10

That's even worse than RDG.

I'll give Flavia a 3/10 for passable combat, Sol, Armsthrift, and no availability or supports. She may hardly exist, but she's at least decent while she does, so I see little reason to go excessively low.

The HELL? Basilio's base Speed is 25, while Flavia's is 30. Ahem. . .

Flavia, for whatever reason, has better defenses than Basilio, but not by much. She's also faster, but loses out big time on HP and Strength (and the former REALLY sucks). Thanks to Patience, she's got a better chance of dodging stuff on enemy phase, and isn't that the name of the game? Lack of supports and a sad support pool do not help her case. I like her growths better than Basilio's, 'cept for her Strength. Axebreaker would theoretically help if she ever reclasses to Great Knight/General. She can become a Bride, which amuses me far too much for trivial reasons.

3.75/10 (+1 bias because Bride is that funny on her)