Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

I'll give Flavia a 3/10 for passable combat, Sol, Armsthrift, and no availability or supports. She may hardly exist, but she's at least decent while she does, so I see little reason to go excessively low.

Again, using this because effort

oh, 4/10 with +1 bias

Edited by shadykid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flavia is basically another filler unit to me, as I've said in the past few posts. Sol will be good for keeping her alive while fighting, but overall, she's entirely average. Like Basilio, she also has a nice rank in her secondary weapon, allowing her to use better axes right off the bat. Basilio and Flavia work best with each other to compensate for some of their lower stats (res aside), so they work best together.

5/10 again, really nothing more to say here.

Good bases and decent growths but is there for like 3 chapters, or more if we are counting SpotPass chapters. Has better combat than Basilio because she has a better speed stat and Sol, but she cannot be a rally bot for other people who are stronger than her by this point unlike Basilio. She still makes for a decent filler unit for all the extra slots that the last couple chapters give. Her reclass options are kinda meh except for maybe Warrior, but she doesn't really get any more skills that would be useful unless you really want her to have a Rally skill or something.

3/10, once again, she does more than people like Donnel or Ricken despite being around for ~20 chapters less, but she doesn't Rally

Edited by The Batter

Owain:

Pros:

His paralouge is actually pretty easy to complete even if you get it right after chapter 13.

He makes for a really good mage if his father has good magic.

Depending on his father he can actually become a good melee fighter.

Cons:

Lissa's modifiers screw him over in many ways.

All in all Owain isn't one of the better children, but he can be pretty good, and he is one of the few children who can realistically be gotten before chapter 14. (By realistically I mean without having to purchase a powerful spotpass unit and soloing their paralouge with it)

6/10

Edited by Kamina

Flavia got 2.14 unbiased 2.43 biased.

Owain:

Terrible mom. Her stats suck and she's tough to level and pair up. She also passes down clerical skills assuming no-grind, making him even worse. He can at least insta promote into an Assasin and not be TOO terrible I guess. But his mom hurts him.

3/10 -1 bias because terrible mom that I hate 2/10

OWAIN. HIS SWORD HAND IS TWITCHING.

Hopefully he'll have a good dad. Personally, I like pairing Lissa with someone offensive like Vaike. Heck, Virion/Lissa gave me my best Owain (passed down great growths and Lancebreaker, which Owain really liked).

Missletainn, while it being a cool name, kinda sucks as a sword, but it's free. Also, Lissa doesn't pass down the best stats for him. But, his paralogue is pretty easy, and he can easily rake up a few kills if his stats agree with him. Eh, but he's not the best unit maingame. His postgame potential is phenomenal, like the rest of the kids, but compared to the likes of Cynthia, Severa, Yarne, etc. during the main game, he could use some work.

3/10, +.5 bias because this guy is amazing in supports and never ceases to amuse me. 3.5/10

Edited by Zeem

His bases are eh, his class set is confusing, and his offensive growths will be passable at best. He'll naturally start with dodge, Vantage, and probably something like Miracle. Vantage and Miracle can set up some hilarious combos (even funnier with Wrath, which he can get via Second Seal), but that's about it. He gets his own weapon, but it's, um, bad, and not worth the time to get it.

4/10 (no bias)

Edited by eclipse

Eh bases, but from what I have seen, his growth is pretty solid

Good thing he can be recruited early

....Thats the good thing. The bad thing is, lissa sucks donkey balls

4/10 Unremarkable and Flawed

+1 Bias because he is amusing

Eh bases, but from what I have seen, his growth is pretty solid

Good thing he can be recruited early

....Thats the good thing. The bad thing is, lissa sucks donkey balls

4/10 Unremarkable and Flawed

+1 Bias because he is amusing

This but -1 bias for 5/10

Owain is flipping awesome. He has meh bases but a magical class makes him pretty good and his avoid is pretty good. Bad durability is fixable...

5/10 +1 bias fro 6/10

Edited by bearclaw13

lissa's stats suck and he is at an impass of being a physical unit (at base) with a magical mother, so her skills won't be very useful, and his strength and defence will likely suffer.

3.5+1 bias = 4.5/10

Looking back Owain's base seems solid

6 Def is higher than Lucina

4 SPD is lower, but its passable

4 STR is lol

Although heres the kicker

MU: 22 SPD grandmaster

Lissa: Base

Owain: 19 SPD

15(MU) + 0(Lissa) + 6(Owain) = 21/3 = 7

10(Myrm base) + 7 = 17

I get 19 speed Owain in my file >_>

Summons VincentASM for some splaining to do

Also Cynthia's base stats is pure w1n

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Cynthia's costing you turns... Lucina isn't

who gives a shit

cynthia is my pretty heroine

fuck turncounts

Seriously, she flies. That's good enough for me. I mean, look at FE9 Marcia.

Owain starts as a myrmidon, so hes a sword locked footie from the start. To make matters worse, he has Lissa as his mother, meaning he will have crappy physical bases if not crappy bases in general. A physical based father can make him a mediocre physical unit or he can have a magic based father and have decent bases for a mage and he will have to reclass for that. At this point, Lissa has been a cleric, a sage, or troubador, which all pass down meh skills, though he starts with Vantage, which can kinda be useful I guess.

3/10, I seriously hope that Owain is kidding about the legendary blood in his veins considering that Lissa is his mother.

Edited by The Batter

Even though his paralogue is one of the easiest, Lissa is a shitty mother who finds it really hard to find a good husband that helps her stats and at the same time pass down good skills and modifiers to help Owain. 1/10 but since his dialogue is fun to read 2/10 with bias