Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Owain (based on Vaike, Lon'qu, Frederick)

+ One of the easier kids to recruit without grinding so he can actually be around for the second half of the game

+ Pretty solid bases and growths

+ Lissa can pass down some good skills by his join time (Miracle, Renewal, Tomefaire for a magical Owain, Galefart to name a few)

- Magic mommy doesn't help his swordie dreams (ie inherited stats and classes aren't great)

- Underleveled like all the kids, though he can catch up fairly quickly he does need a bit of grinding

- One range boo

5.5/10 + obvious bias for 6.5/10 10/10 in my heart

Edit: added half point actually

Edited by Owain Dark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owain:

Pros:

His paralouge can is actually pretty easy to complete even if you get it right after chapter 13.

He makes for a really good mage if his father has good magic.

Depending on his father he can actually become a good melee fighter.

Cons:

Lissa's modifiers screw him over in many ways.

All in all Owain isn't one of the better children, but he can be pretty good, and he is one of the few children who can realistically be gotten before chapter 14. (By realistically I mean without having to purchase a powerful spotpass unit an soloing their paralouge with it)

6/10

weeee effort

+1 bias for 7/10, also screw pure LTC character ratings

Owain... Is a pretty strange unit, actually. He's a physical unit, his mother is a magical unit, and his stats are pretty mixed... The good thing is that he can uses Levin's sword immediately (Yeah... Anna is generally better, but well...). He comes reallistically after Say'ri, or at the same time.... He can leatns Vantage + Wrath, which is pretty cool.

Lissa have horrible bases, worse tha,n Virion, and not so great growths. As much as I like her, she isn't really great...

4/10 + 1 bias, for 5.5/10. A good choice for a mixed set, but can easily screw at both hard like his mother....

I thougt the first Chapter you could do was Kjelle's chapter...

Has one of the easiest paralogues, can inherit Galeforce from his mother, has access to classes that make up with for his low strength.

The Killing Edge on his join chapter is nice, too. Provided your entire team isn't a bunch of generals, he's easy enough to get to. He can laugh at the Barbarians and Dark Mages there too.

It's just that by the time you get him, unless you've accessed other paralogues, that his level may be a bit redundant. Since you're running efficiently, a Reeking Box or map challenge likewise could help.

It's also a shame that Lissa doesn't really help him aside from skills. At all.

6.5/10. It's a shame you get him that late, or he could've helped out a lot. The way he is, he'll have trouble fighting in the coming Valm chapters, unless you've got an Armourslayer to boot.

If it's with bias, 7.5/10, for being a well developed character behind his heroic facade, and having a cool design. Also, that pose is freakin' badass.

2/10.

If I wanted a mediocre swordman, I would've used Lon'qu or Gaius, who joins way earlier. Also -1 bias because everyone's gonna give +bias, making 1/10.

Stealing without the bias.

One of the best kids in the main story, especially with Chrom as the dad.

Pretty sweet in postgame too where all of her options shine.

6-1 = 5/10

I've never liked Kjelle that much. Her stats are always rather weakish (not quite tanky, not doubling) even after training.

I haven't used her that much so I can't say that much (...) but 4/10 -1 bias = 3/10

her paralogue is the hardest parts of the game

But, Alvailable early, solid class set. Unlike a certain child though. her speed are generally shaky. Her stating skillset is p. hax though

5/10

6/10 bias because, hory shiet shes hawt

Being Sully's daughter is another factor but eh >_>

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

6.5/10.

She inherits most of Sully's genes and is pretty good as a Cavalier. Since she's one of the easier kids to get, she has ample time to work on herself. Although, she does lack a support and comes with just alright bases.

Seriously, how do you pronounce that

Sully is quite the badass mother, passing down some good stats to Kjelle. Having a badass father as well helps her stats, and most fathers are physical based, meaning that, assuming both parents are used, Kjelle will have good bases and growths as well. Starting as Knight kinda sucks, but she can promote to Great Knight to gain 2 mov or she can reclass to Cavalier and use her C Lances and eventually get to Paladin. Kjelle can also reclass into Wyvern Rider for flying, though she will start with E axes. Sully can pass down Discipline, which really helps with going the Wyvern Rider route, and none of the other skills that Sully can pass down matter as much as Discipline except maybe like Quick Burn or Carrier but she probably won't have those skills at this point.

6/10, Sully is a good mother and Kjelle can be recruited right after Lucina but she starts as a terrible class

Edited by The Batter

Kjelle (based on Virion, Stahl, Chrom)

+ Paralogue can be done early, easier to train and use

+ Inherits her mom's good stats and classes, Sully should have a nice skill to pass down too

+ Discipline through inheritance or Cav reclass means she can catch up faster and doesn't have to use E rank weapons long while she goes through classes

+ Solid bases and growths, pretty speedy for a knight

- Underleveled like all the kids

- Res tends to be on the low side, this may be because of the fathers I've given her, I dunno, this is really just being picky because I can't think of much wrong with her besides availability

7.5/10 one of the better kids for sure, +1 bias for 8.5/10

Several of the children given in the paralogues are quite redundant, with little incentive for them to replace a team you've already changed. While she has a decent speed, it will take quite a lot of babying to make her on par with the rest of your team. That, being said, I found her to be acceptable as a great knight the one time I used her.

As far as bias... Meg is the only female knight I've really liked in the series so far (pookums!), and Kjelle could've of changed that. Her strong and determined personality could have been fleshed out, but it wasn't, resulting in a hopelessly generic character.

Score: 4.5/10 - .5 bias = 4/10

bad base class is remedied by good other reclass options like cavalier and wyvern, along with whatever daddy gives her. Good weapon to have a weapon rank in as well.

6+1 bias 7/10

using this, but with no bias so 6/10

6.5/10.

She inherits most of Sully's genes and is pretty good as a Cavalier. Since she's one of the easier kids to get, she has ample time to work on herself. Although, she does lack a support and comes with just alright bases.

no Galeforce without rigging

Being a Knight stuck in a room with a magical boss ain't the best thing to be, but at least the archers won't be having a field day with her. Sully's class set is nice, and that's only half of it! She's got four default classes to her name, which makes me happy. Pity she can't get Rightful King, because that combined with Aegis, Pavise, and Luna would've been hilarious. She can be a bit off-putting at times, but it's not something that bothers me that much. I should pair Vaike with Sully for a hilarious class spread and decent growths.

7/10 (+1 bias included because she tends to be ridiculous in my runs)

Kjelle and her appropriate fathers should quickly and calmly make their way to the RTU discussion thread. Kjelle's ratings may stay here.

Kjelle... Good base stats, good growths no matter what. Her Res is OK for a Physical unit. She generally won"'t go near the boss, and smash the ennemy archer instead, so she isn't that hard to recruit.

Kjelle is a good addition to any team,, and comes pretty early. A decent children at worst, and really good at best. Nothing more to add.

6/10, no bias