Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Libra doesn't do anything great. He has disappointing combat and decent staff utility. If you skip training a staff user Libra is a great filler unit, but if you trained a staff user, Libra will be inferior.

4.5/10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Libra doesn't do anything great. He has disappointing combat and decent staff utility. If you skip training a staff user Libra is a great filler unit, but if you trained a staff user, Libra will be inferior.

4.5/10

The bolded part is not true. Unless you've early-promoted Lissa/Maribelle or just heavily grinded them, they'll never heal for as much as Libra does by the time he joins.

Soul- you're gonna have to explain your rating, For now, your score does not count.

Eclipse- thanks.

Horace- yeah, I saw and fixed a lot of typos in the previous OP but apparently I didnt see all of them :P.

Libra:

C rank staves at base. Passable combat with the killer Axe. Base def is kinda not-bulky but I find he growths it pretty well whenever I use him (though he also loves hp skl lck res levels). He's got Rescue utiility on his side and can use a hammer in Valm to kill some stuff. Sadly, he kinda falls off without massive favoritism thanks to his exp gain and low growths.

5/10

Libra has a whopping base HP of 39, a def base of 11, and a whopping base res of 16, meaning that this guy isn't dying anytime soon. His base str of 14 is alright and so is his base speed of 14, not to mention that he starts with a C rank in axes so that he can kill stuff with his Killer Axe. However, despite his good early combat, his combat falls off once promoted guys start appearing in large quantities due to his lowish growths and low exp gain, but at least he has hammers to fall back on somewhat. With a base C rank in staves and 16 base magic, his staff usage will probably be better than any other staff user at this point, and his staff utility allows him to be relevant even in the later stages of the game where his combat tapers off. Healtouch makes his healing that much better and Miracle doesn't really do much since he won't die early and he won't be on the front lines in the later parts of the game. War Monk skills are kinda bleh, so he can reclass at 10 and not really care.

Reclassing into Sorceror lets him use his good magic stat and lets him abuse dark magic at the cost of staff utility. The skills are meh, but all that matters is dark magic usage. Dark Knight doesn't really do much for him except take away his staves in exchange for a horse and magic. Reclassing into Sage gives him a magic boost and lets him keep his staves so he can staff abuse better. Libra can also reclass into Dark Mage to level up a bit faster and use dark magic, even though his stats will be lower at a point when enemy units are all promoted.

7/10, good combat unit early that falls off but is the second best staffer in the game

+1 bias because war monks are flipping awesome 8/10

New thread :o

Libra

+ Good start with decent bases and Killer weapon

+ Nice Res

+ Some alright skills available, though reclass isn't the greatest

- Low growths

- Doesn't often double enemies, and his strength doesn't grow well enough to give him a pass

- Loses his lead pretty quickly and significantly

6.5/10 he makes a nice staff user should you still need one when he arrives, but he suffers from bad growths. He is bulky for a healer but not so much as a fighter, which is why reclass tends to be a bit off for him in my experience.

For the record on my most recent run both Lissa and Maribelle had C staves by his recruitment, and I haven't been grinding much at all. Granted I tend to Heal spam, but it's not a huge deal with unlimited money.

Oh man, Libra. From the second you see Libra, you know you're looking at a grade-A badass. She's so badass in fact, that she uses axes. Since my own style of play is to turtle like all hell and boss abuse, Libra's eventual drop off due to low exp gain/growths doesn't matter to me. She practically has C staves and axes (what do you expect from a grade a badass). Her pretty good base stats are awesome, but loltonics and pairups and whatever it is these days that makes stats irrelevant. Basically, she's one of the best characters in the game.

6.5/10 +1 bias because it takes two to tango mate, but frankly I don't want to hear it. 7.5/10

7/10.

Libra gets some credit for being a healer that doesn't curl on an Enemy Phase. His C Staff is pretty set for Physics and C Axes means he can deal out some decent damage when needed. Bases are fairly solid and has a pretty good class set to choose from(Sorcerer, Sage, Dark Knight). Libra does wear off when he can't keep up with the team stat-wise, but he's still good for staffbotting.

Agreed, but 8/10 with bias.

For the record on my most recent run both Lissa and Maribelle had C staves by his recruitment, and I haven't been grinding much at all. Granted I tend to Heal spam, but it's not a huge deal with unlimited money.

If you're directing this at me, I'm talking about healing power based off the magic stat, not the weapon rank. The fact that Libra starts at C staves like Lissa and Maribelle would have by this point makes him all the more wanted.

If you're directing this at me, I'm talking about healing power based off the magic stat, not the weapon rank. The fact that Libra starts at C staves like Lissa and Maribelle would have by this point makes him all the more wanted.

Nah, not you specifically I just noticed a lot of people were naming his staff ranking as an advantage.

Libra's pretty nifty for a little while. C staves is nice, and his combat is good. Unfortunately, he kinda drops off the world eventually since his combat tanks pretty fast and his healing, for one thing, can be replaced and, for another, healing stops being particularly valuable in this game. Still, being pretty cool with physic and axes for a while is, well, pretty cool.

6.5/10

Worthy support unit. For me, he usually sits in the back spamming Physic. Rescue here and there. Doesn't get doubled easily even in the later chapters and laughs at magic. He'll likely keep the Killer Axe he started with by the end of the game. The only thing he needs it for is to induce pain when you mess up and get him attacked. But chances are, nobody wants to fuck with him.

7.5/10

Damn it I just missed Libra.

Anyways Tharja, she's a nosferatanker who joins early and is pretty good but her lack of skilll hurts later on since she can't really utilize Vengeance.

7.5/10 -1 because she's overrated and has a terrible personality so 6.5/10.

Edited by Quick

Hoo boy, Tharja. Miss Fanservice on the outside, but her creepiness and cruelty just ruins it, IMO.

She joins at level 10, which is pretty nice. (In her joining chapter, she can even 1RKO some enemies with someone like Gaius paired up with her. Pretty sweet.) Her bases are pretty good (Except for SKILL and LUCK. Shin's worst enemy right here!), for the most part, and her growths are reliable. MAG, SPD (both 60%), and DEF (well, maybe not this, but that 45% beats out Ricken's 35%, that's for sure) will rise quickly for her, and later on (especially due to Nosferatu), she'll become invincible. Best part is, she doesn't really need much to get going but Pair Ups and maybe a secret book, or two. Also, maybe the speedwings.

All in all, probably the best magic user in the game, aside from Avatar. When she joins, she can get EXP reasonably, and she turns out rather nicely. She joins a bit late, but hey, that's fine. If only she wasn't a bitch to poor Noire...

7.5/10, -.5 bias due to her being such a monster to Noire. 7/10

ZM- just wanted to point out that Tharja's def growth is/was almost proven bogus in the growth project iirc. It's closer to 30-35%. But who can know for sure ;/. The site's growths aren't completely accurate, just a reminder.

ZM- just wanted to point out that Tharja's def growth is/was almost proven bogus in the growth project iirc. It's closer to 30-35%. But who can know for sure ;/. The site's growths aren't completely accurate, just a reminder.

Ah, I haven't been paying attention to the Growth Project. :P Thanks for telling me, though. Heh, Tharja just really likes gaining DEF in my files, though, so either I'm really lucky or...really lucky.

^ Tharja doesn't like getting anything for me ;/. 15 spd Level 14/5 Dark Knight in the DLC draft hooooow? xD She's still a nice batman when her stats behave or should I say batwoman? :P

Tharja starts out with the tome she wants, and has passable offensive parameters (her defenses would be noteworthy if not for that 25 HP). Her growths lean towards raw offense, and what is Skill? Her reclass options are, erm, terrible; neither take advantage of her existent Magic (the best she can hope for is Levin Swords/Bolt Axes). Sniper can help with her questionable accuracy. . .sort of. . .okay, it's not worth the time. Tharja is one of the few ladies that doesn't mind pairing up with Donnel; his default class gives Skill and Luck, two things she lacks.

5.5/10 (-1 bias applied for having her trope take over her awesomeness)

Edited by eclipse

Feel free to rate Libra. I havent tallied yet, after all

Thanks man!

Anyways, pros:

Great bases for a defensive unit like him

Decent C rank in both weapon categories

Can reclass to Sage

Cons: If you don't reclass him to Sage then he can greatly drop in power

Feels 70% support 30% on Hard mode

If this was Lunatic mode, near perfect score easily, but this is only Hard mode so I'll give him a 7.5/10+1 bias because he's one of the most likable characters in this game so the final score is 8.5/10.

Edited by Quick

That's what I thought too when drafting Donnel for Tharja in that DLC draft I finished earlier. Turns out she needed spd more than anything because of screwage. But I agree, she could use Donnel's pair up bonuses more than anyone, though, ideally she shoudnt pair with Donnel and instead go for someone else ;/.

Also, tallied Libra unbiased and biased. So, Quick, you missed your chance to get your rating in because you were too slow. How ironic :P.

EDIT: Nvm, youre so quick you ninja'd me. Im tallying with your score now LOL

EDIT 2: People, please try to specify what your final score after bias is. It's making me get headaches trying to figure out if a 6.5 +1 bias is either 5.5 normally or 7.5 after bias.

Edited by Peekayell

Pretty neat mage here.

Grows into an offensive unit that`s on par with Miriel, cept she has the bonus of being more durable than Miriel (90HP Growth whooo).

But then you realize she lacks Miriel`s amazing reclass options (Knight and Archer are... probably the worst options you could have), and Dark tomes don`t make up the difference (Waste is a stronger Celica`s gale, though it hates Tomebreaker).

In the main campaign, she`s fairly reliable as a combat unit. I find she grows really well for me, though she can get borderline on her speed. Batwoman Tharja is pretty cool.

With her awkward class set, she can make something work with Luna and Dual Guard+, though everything else is just skittles. She lacks a strong postgame.

4.5 out of 10 this is with a -1 bias.

idk, this seems like it makes sense but it seems too low. She`s basically Miriel who trades availability for durability.

That's what I thought too when drafting Donnel for Tharja in that DLC draft I finished earlier. Turns out she needed spd more than anything because of screwage. But I agree, she could use Donnel's pair up bonuses more than anyone, though, ideally she shoudnt pair with Donnel and instead go for someone else ;/.

Also, tallied Libra unbiased and biased. So, Quick, you missed your chance to get your rating in because you were too slow. How ironic :P.

No I forgot to stack up on Chaos Emeralds today, I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE.

EDIT: Nvm, youre so quick you ninja'd me. Im tallying with your score now LOL

Oh wait, never mind looks like I didn't need them, but still, light speed would've been nice.
Edited by Quick

^ Tharja doesn't like getting anything for me ;/. 15 spd Level 14/5 Dark Knight in the DLC draft hooooow? xD She's still a nice batman when her stats behave or should I say batwoman? :P

Ouch. XD Welp, speedwings and Pair Ups exist.

She was actually an awesome archer/sniper in my incomplete bow run. Of course it's pretty stupid to reclass her in a regular run to that, but still. She's better than Virion.

Edited by Zeem