Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

6/10.

Tharja's a hit-or-miss character, sporting impressive prowess in Magic, Speed and a little of Defense. Her low Skill and Luck does hamper her ability to attack with her times, but hit rate can be forged in that case. Her supports come as an issue, since nobody really gives much, but Libra just conveniently joined right beside her, so they can get rolling quite easily. She has some potential, but gets brushed aside for the other units like Cordelia or Panne.

+1 bias because everyone's gonna give negatives anyway, so gonna balance that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Tharja. From the second you see Tharja, you know you're looking at butts. She's so butts in fact, that she boobs. Since my own style of play is to butts and boobs, Tharja's butts is boobs. She practically has butts (what do you expect from boobs). Her butts are awesome, but boobs. Basically, butts

10/10 +1 butts. 11/10

High speed+mag is awesome, and her def has always been pretty high for me. Skill and luck are very minor issues when she can easily get to doubling status with high atk. Bad reclass options, but she's fine with dark knight and sorcerer, even if it is restrictive. Isn't reliant on one specific type of pair up like another certain someone, which is a plus. 7.5/10 + 1 because butts =8.5/10

6/10.

Tharja's a hit-or-miss character, sporting impressive prowess in Magic, Speed and a little of Defense. Her low Skill and Luck does hamper her ability to attack with her times, but hit rate can be forged in that case. Her supports come as an issue, since nobody really gives much, but Libra just conveniently joined right beside her, so they can get rolling quite easily. She has some potential, but gets brushed aside for the other units like Cordelia or Panne.

+1 bias because everyone's gonna give negatives anyway, so gonna balance that.

Is that 6/10 including the bias or does the bias make it 7/10? I just posted I'd like you all to specify, because I'm not good at guessing.

Good Magic and Speed, passable Res and Def, Dark tomes. Hey, sounds pretty good to me. A bit of a slow start and Dark Mage/Sorcerer being kind of underwhelming aside from Dark magic is all that really puts her down. Her re-class options are also useless for main game use.

7/10

Dark Magic is kick ass, and she has decent magic, speed and res but has a "lol" skill stat. If you patch up her awful skill with SKL books (which tbh, nobody really wants them) and the right support partner, then she'll pull her weight for the rest of the game.

7/10

tharja is a pretty decent unit with shitty reclass options. all of them are worthless except sorceror/darkknight, but thankfully, they're both easily accessible. She has pretty good mag/spd, and decentish durability, but her skill and luck blow, which is annoying until she gets a pairup partner and a few levels, then its pretty much a nonfactor. There was something else about her that I didn't like (not personality etc) gameplaywise but I totally forget because its half past midnight and playing FE2 is rage enducing.

anyway 5.5/10 nobias

I only tried pairing her up with Trickster!Gaius, and she's pretty decent.

Good mag and speed, decent durability(butlolnosfertank) but her alvailability kinda stings, so her time is rather screwed.

7/10

6/10 w/ bias for obvious reason

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Tharja

Pros:

* Comes at a decent level with the tome she wants to use for her Dark Mage phase.

* Gains both Magic and Speed.

* Joins earlier than Henry.

* Better Resistance base than Henry.

* Performs well in both midgame and endgame, so long as you take her weaknesses in account and fix some of them.

Cons

* Her earlygame is rendered somewhat moot due to limited usefulness during the next 3-4 Chapters, and the durability of the Nosferatu tome.

* Needs Skill, Speed, and Luck Tonics, and will want the Secret Books and Goddess Icons, as her Luck and Skill starts lol and her Speed isn't that good without applying a bonus to it. Her Defense is also kinda average to below average, even as a Dark Knight.

* Supports, while having several, are not that great, as while they can be used to fix her flaws detailed above, they do not fix every flaw at the same time.

* Her Magic and Speed, while high, aren't high enough to truly make her stand out without Supports.

Ah, Tharja. Not my favorite unit, and not my favorite Dark Mage either. Still, she's alright as a unit. Her strengths (good Magic, good Speed, average Defense for a mage) are clear, but her weaknesses (bad Skill, atrocious Luck, bad-to-mediocre Resistance, Magic, Speed, and Defense not being as high as she would have liked) are also clear. And while she has supports, none of them fix all of those (though they do fix many of them, allowing you to use Tonics to compensate a bit for the rest). Overall, I haven't found Tharja spectacular at any point, but I haven't found her atrocious either. Her strengths and weaknesses just about cancels out her greatness and badness, leaving you with an average unit who has the potential to do well throughout the game so long as you fix her weaknesses.

Rating: 6/10 (5/10 with a -1 bias because YANDERE STALKER (and being not at all endearing otherwise) and not really being as good as people think she is.)

In the end, far from being the greatest warrior that most people tout her as, Tharja will merely be above average. You will never completely fix her weaknesses, but she can still contribute a fair amount to your army, and as long as you take her weaknesses into account and work to fix them, she won't ever be bad either.

Hoo boy, Tharja. Miss Fanservice on the outside, but her creepiness and cruelty just ruins it, IMO.

She joins at level 10, which is pretty nice. (In her joining chapter, she can even 1RKO some enemies with someone like Gaius paired up with her. Pretty sweet.) Her bases are pretty good (Except for SKILL and LUCK. Shin's worst enemy right here!), for the most part, and her growths are reliable. MAG, SPD (both 60%), and DEF (well, maybe not this, but that 45% beats out Ricken's 35%, that's for sure) will rise quickly for her, and later on (especially due to Nosferatu), she'll become invincible. Best part is, she doesn't really need much to get going but Pair Ups and maybe a secret book, or two. Also, maybe the speedwings.

All in all, probably the best magic user in the game, aside from Avatar. When she joins, she can get EXP reasonably, and she turns out rather nicely. She joins a bit late, but hey, that's fine. If only she wasn't a bitch to poor Noire...

7.5/10, -.5 bias due to her being such a monster to Noire. 7/10

This but make the bias go all the way down to 6.5

Ugh, Tharja. Probably my most hated unit in the game, being creepy, fanservicey, and just plain out mean to Noire.

I've never really used her, but she seems pretty good. She starts off decent as a magic user, but with a glaring problem at skill. Being a dark magic user, having good skill is a bit important, so you will definitely need to give her some secret books. Her other stats, however, are pretty good, getting magic, defense and speed pretty reliably, making her one of the better mages, especially when Nosferatu becomes available easily.

7/10 with -1 bias for 6/10

Tharja is a competent mage when you first get her. She'll most likely be a middle ground between your two current mages, Ricken and Miriel, having decent stats in anything that isn't skill (I'll get to that later). She can fight reliably enough in most of the chapters that storm against her next, making her a decently useful unit. She also wields dark magic, naturally, which is arguably very powerful.

However, what makes me consider Tharja inferior to Henry is her absolutely awful skill. It crawls up at a slow rate, no matter what file I play on, and needs to be paired up to make it even slightly better. Considering that she works best with, and starts off with thunder and dark tomes, having low skill is NOT a good thing with rather innacurate tomes. Seriously, there was one playthrough where in all those 10 levels before her promotion, she didn't even reach 10 skill, starting off with 5 in hard mode. Her other stats grow decently enough, thankfully, to make her competent enough, but I'd actually consider perhaps using the other two mages before her instead (on a side note she pairs decently with Ricken), particularly Miriel, who has stats more centralized on magic long rang damage, and can access dark mage.

6/10 for Tharja, though 5/10 if it's with bias, because apart from a few occasions (HM to The Future Past), she's a total asshole to everyone except the avatar, even considering Libra only her 2nd most important person in their S support. Really?

Edited by The Fush

Ah, Tharja. I married this crazy chick in my second ever playthrough, and regretted it.

First, her good points:

•Decent magic, defence, and speed.

•Gives you the child Noire if you get in an S Support with her.

•Can promote on join.

•Nosferatu access.

Then, her bad points.

•She's twisted, sick in the head, and stalks the Avatar.

•She has abysmal skill growths, which can't even be entirely remedied with a pair up. Forged wind tomes may be your best bet, when she's not using Nosferatu.

•Her reclass options are pretty bad, though if you're REALLY desperate, you can pick up +20 Hit from the archer line.

•She isn't even very attractive, compared to some other women in this game.

•She is far outclassed by Henry, the other Plegian Dark Mage.

Overall, I give her 6.5/10 with a -1 point for bias, as I don't like her.

Wow this isn't as bad as I was expecting

Tharja

+ Dark Magic

+ Comes with Nosferatu

+ Good defense, speed, magic

+ Access to Luna, Pavise, Dual Guard+ ...

- Everything else about her class set sucks

- Low skill and luck

- Subpar resistance

7/10 minor flaws but is a very good Mage especially if you get her some skills and go right back to Sorcerer asap.

Edit: Meh, +1 bias for 8/10.

Edited by Owain Dark

tharja is a pretty decent unit with shitty reclass options. all of them are worthless except sorceror/darkknight, but thankfully, they're both easily accessible. She has pretty good mag/spd, and decentish durability, but her skill and luck blow, which is annoying until she gets a pairup partner and a few levels, then its pretty much a nonfactor. There was something else about her that I didn't like (not personality etc) gameplaywise but I totally forget because its half past midnight and playing FE2 is rage enducing.

anyway 5.5/10 nobias

this with -1 bias because i hate her personality.

Tharja's base magic of 11 is kinda mediocre compared to other magic units trained at this point and her base 12 speed is okay. Her base HP of 25 is decent and she has good defensive bases for a mage, so she isn't as squishy as the other two magic users thus far sans the Avatar. Her growths are pretty solid except for luck and skill, which may be a bit of a problem for a dark magic user. She comes with a D rank and Nosferatu and is ready to start Nosferatanking a little at base. Unfortunately, magic based supports are limited unless you want to pair her up with Ricken (lol), Avatar, or Henry.

Promoting into Sorcerer lets her keep her dark magic usage at the cost of some meh skills. Promoting into Dark Knight gives her a horse but she loses dark magic usage. Her reclass options aren't worth mentioning because they are all physical and she has a crap str stat.

6.5/10, dark magic is cool and all, but why does she only have physical reclass options

Edited by The Batter

Tharja.

Joins in Chapter 9 probably very underleveled compared to the rest of the units you're using. She has a nice 12 spd base and decent mag and def bases though. A pairup with a bit of spd can let her ORKO the wyverns next to her in her join chapter. She also makes a great Dark Knight thanks to being speedy and appreciating the bulk and horse the class gives her. I find Nosferatu to just be her best training method to get to Dark Knight. Not a fan of Sorcerers because I find Nosferatanking unwarranted for Hard Mode. She's also got decent support options and makes good use of them. Her downsides are joining underleveled and her accuracy. Her skl and lck suuuuuck. Even with a pairup from someone, in Paralogue 4 she has 80 hit on the enemies with Nosferatu and faces a bit of crit % which is hardly what I would call reliable. She will have a bit of trouble hitting things even with supports sometimes (especially if using Thunder) but I find Dark Knight's skl promo gain and her growth fix it pretty quickly.

6/10

Edited by Peekayell

Tharja...yeah me...

Pros

+ Nosferatu inculded with the yandere

+ speed, defence and magic have good bases.

+ Probably the best DK in the game

cons

- Physical reclass options on magical unit.

- Low skill and luck
- Subpar resistance

Tharja is average overall and honestly I much rather prefer using Henry, if only because for inheritance he has the advantage of inheriting male only skills.

5.5/10 -1 bias because she's about as likeable as, well, an abusive, yandere stalker.

Edited by ShinRPGamer

This still happening? Wiggy, i gotta get one in!

Tharja, everyones favorite yandere scantily clad cranky mage!

Pros:
Yay Sorcerer.

Yay decent speed growth!

Yay support pool.

Cons:
Nay reclass options.

Nay Skill D:

I like Tharja, fuck the police. She always gets a spot on my team. She can Nosferatu tank, go DK for some Lifetaker and stuff, magic spam, good speed for her class, and support with every first gen guy not spotpass and Chrom. So potential Noires can own shit. Tomebreaker is pretty cool to pass down if you arent Sorcerer Noiring things. But right out of the box, Tharja has some issues. Her stats arent very balanced and i usually slap an All Stats +2 on her to get going. And she has trouble hitting stuff. Once she gets going, shes a pretty good offensive unit. She could use a skill partner though. Or a Res partner (hai Libra!) so theres that. Her reclassing options are a little bleh to say the least. Great Knight, while having Luna, doesnt work that well due to her non-existent strength. Archer is just lol! Why....why would anyone go that route is beyond me. So unless you really really like Luna or want a super tanky Tharja, theres not much of a reason to reclass her. She does best as a Sorcerer or DK.

As for her personality, i kinda dig it. But im also a massive Henry fan and love creepy characters.

7/10.

Tharja:

Dark Mage that comes in chapter 9 with Nosferatu and an Elthunder. Very helpful against the boss if you aren't using Ricken or Miriel. Long term, Nosferatu will run out quick, and you can get it if you do Laurent's para early. Promotions, Dark knight gives more Defense, but loses out on Dark tomes but gives more move. Sorc gives Nosferatu and other cool spells, but move kinda goes down. Reclass options, like said before, kinda suck.

All in all, decent unit should you want to use her and her fanservice-y ways.

6/10-1 for bias because fuck her and the way she treats Noire.

Tharja

Pros:

* Comes at a decent level with the tome she wants to use for her Dark Mage phase.

* Gains both Magic and Speed.

* Joins earlier than Henry.

* Better Resistance base than Henry.

* Performs well in both midgame and endgame, so long as you take her weaknesses in account and fix some of them.

Cons

* Her earlygame is rendered somewhat moot due to limited usefulness during the next 3-4 Chapters, and the durability of the Nosferatu tome.

* Needs Skill, Speed, and Luck Tonics, and will want the Secret Books and Goddess Icons, as her Luck and Skill starts lol and her Speed isn't that good without applying a bonus to it. Her Defense is also kinda average to below average, even as a Dark Knight.

* Supports, while having several, are not that great, as while they can be used to fix her flaws detailed above, they do not fix every flaw at the same time.

* Her Magic and Speed, while high, aren't high enough to truly make her stand out without Supports.

Ah, Tharja. Not my favorite unit, and not my favorite Dark Mage either. Still, she's alright as a unit. Her strengths (good Magic, good Speed, average Defense for a mage) are clear, but her weaknesses (bad Skill, atrocious Luck, bad-to-mediocre Resistance, Magic, Speed, and Defense not being as high as she would have liked) are also clear. And while she has supports, none of them fix all of those (though they do fix many of them, allowing you to use Tonics to compensate a bit for the rest). Overall, I haven't found Tharja spectacular at any point, but I haven't found her atrocious either. Her strengths and weaknesses just about cancels out her greatness and badness, leaving you with an average unit who has the potential to do well throughout the game so long as you fix her weaknesses.

Rating: 6/10 (5/10 with a -1 bias because YANDERE STALKER (and being not at all endearing otherwise) and not really being as good as people think she is.)

In the end, far from being the greatest warrior that most people tout her as, Tharja will merely be above average. You will never completely fix her weaknesses, but she can still contribute a fair amount to your army, and as long as you take her weaknesses into account and work to fix them, she won't ever be bad either.

This is my vote as well.

Tharja is a bit weak at first but having Nosferatu kinda fixes that. Dark Mage is a great class but her availability holds her back from being amazing.

4.75/10
Bias - 5.75/10 - because bikini

6+1 bias = 7/10

Kinda cool rescuer with the extra move, but her combat is really a joke without Levin Swords, and Lanceheavy Valm makes her really squishy.