Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Lol, Yen'fay. He has absolutely nothing going for him. I guess he joins with some decent stats, but who won't have that by now? I guess his speed is pretty good, but it's not really anything notable or necessary; like before, other units are going to have you covered. Maybe his reclass options will show some love?

Nope. Assassin is probably his long term class if you use him, but there isn't anything there for him skill wise. Archer is practically useless outside of maybe bow knight for rally skill. Don't touch that. And wyvern rider? I guess deliverer? He can also get Sword, Lance, and Bowbreaker, so making a breaker class set may be sort of interesting.

To help him even more, his support options are next to nothing. Not even Say'ri has a support with him.

1.5/10 with -1 bias for having absolutely nothing interesting about his character for a 0.5/10.

Yen'fay gets my vote for the WORST unit in the entire game.

Edited by Melonhead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh goody, a chance to try to give my latest hubby a good score. 8U

He starts out decent enough, slightly weaker than what your men should be at once you reach Endgame. I don't think his reclass options hurt him THAT much. Endgame SpotPass characters do need a little babying to catch up to where they need to go, but for me, that is not such a big deal. 4/10 without bias, 5/10 with bias.

Yen'fay is what I consider to be a pretty bad bonus character. His reclass options are Archer (which sucks in terms of skills), and Wyvern Rider (which is decent), which hurts his skill variation, like Walhart. His only redeeming stats are his skill and speed aswell, though that can also be fixed with Wyvern Rider. He's pretty much... an average Swordsmaster with low capabilility. Not much else to say here.

3/10,

He joins with subpar stats, especially once you factor in supports, and he exists for maybe a handful of paralogues and then endgame, so he doesn't have the time to fix his problems. Not that he really has great options for fixing them anyways, what with his meh reclass options and almost nonexistent support options. 1/10, and add on -1 bias for being a disgrace to FE's otherwise solid list of tragic villains to make it 0/10.

Edited by Rewjeo

0/10

Lacks the utility of Gangrel or Emmeryn, or the decent combat like Walhart or Aversa.

and apparently, pair up bonuses mean nothing when rating characters >_>

not like +8 speed matters this late into the game.

He can give himself three Breakers, one being Bowbreaker, so he'll be able to fly without worrying about those pesky archers. He's more durable than Gangrel (that's not saying much, but eh), but being swordlocked at level 20 kinda sucks. He gets some decent skills, but reclassing will (mostly) invalidate Swordfaire. He can be deceptively mobile, and instinct tells me he'd make a fearsome Dread Fighter. Still has lack of supports and all.

3.5/10 (no bias)

0/10

Lacks the utility of Gangrel or Emmeryn, or the decent combat like Walhart or Aversa.

This

-1 bias because he is easilly the stupidest "Camus" in the series

0/10

I'm using this for my vote. He gets 1.50 unbiased and 1.46 biased.

Day 5: Aversa

she can fly and use waste/mire/nosferatu with galeforce which mostly makes up for not having tomefaire mostly

no supports,and the most dickish paralogue ever (despite multiple ways to trivialize it) though

5/10 best out of all of the spotpass paralogue characters

Edited by Cluie

Deploy all the Valkyrie Maribelles and Panne for the OP unit

Maribelle can actually be dangerous with that because Wind-tome forges are a thing.

Aversa gets a 0.5/10 from me, she's bad but but not Gangrel/Emmeryn/Yen'fay bad.

Maribelle can actually be dangerous with that because Wind-tome forges are a thing.

Aversa gets a 0.5/10 from me, she's bad but but not Gangrel/Emmeryn/Yen'fay bad.

A 10/1 Valkyrie Maribelle is very likely to have 0 hit on a Panne by that point :P. I've done it in the DLC draft, I deployed all of the scrubs in the draft and had Panne kill them all. Panne itself was hard but she didnt have as many options as mine did (Helswath, pair ups, even Rally from one of my scrubs)

A 10/1 Valkyrie Maribelle is very likely to have 0 hit on a Panne by that point :P. I've done it in the DLC draft, I deployed all of the scrubs in the draft and had Panne kill them all. Panne itself was hard but she didnt have as many options as mine did (Helswath, pair ups, even Rally from one of my scrubs)

I thought you meant an actually trained Maribelle. <_<

Aversa is.. okay at best. Her bases are going to end up making her another dark flier, which isn't too bad in itself with her base skills. Sadly Falcon Knight isn't the best option as Aversa is definitely a magic based unit. Still, she can grab rally speed I guess..Wyvern rider doesn't have much to offer and is going to be a pain to go into, with the only worthwhile stuff there being deliverer and maybe sword/lancebreaker.

Dark mage has the best options for Aversa, as she will get skills that can help her in dark flier (she should be there for a final class) and can pick up tomebreaker (dodging those pesky Rexcalibur forges) vengeance, and lifetaker for durability. It's a shame she got Wyvern rider instead of mage, Tomefaire would have made her stand out from the rest of the Dark Flier options. Overall she's one of the better spotpass characters. Of course that curse of being a spotpass character drastically limits her availability and support options, so people like Sumia and Cynthia are going to be better Dark Fliers.

3.5/10 with -.5 bias for a 3/10. Ignore this, real rating in later post.

Edited to adjust score to make her better than Gangrel.

Edited by Melonhead

Wow this skill is one of the best in the game. miciah uses it better but who cares about that. Anyways I have nothing new to say. Hey look a wombat. 4/10.

Wow this skill is one of the best in the game. miciah uses it better but who cares about that. Anyways I have nothing new to say. Hey look a wombat. 4/10.

? This isn't the skill thread.

Edited by PKL

Maingame: Flying Nosferatu can help with other paralogues if Aversa's is done before the other bonus characters. She is pretty darn fast and will double a lot of things. Her durability is questionable, but she can use Nosferatu, so who cares? Like any of the other bonus characters, lack of supports and availability hurt her. Oh yeah, she also comes with Galeforce 2.5/10

Postgame: Has Galeforce and can get Quick Burn, some breakers, and Lifetaker. However, her only activatable ability is Vengeance, which is kinda lackluster even though she can use Nosferatu/Aversa's Night which bumps up its usability quite a bit. Her caps are pretty good too, only taking a hit in a stat which doesn't matter at all postgame but she has a lack of supports which kinda hurt her 5/10

Average: 3.75/10

Maingame: Flying Nosferatu can help with other paralogues if Aversa's is done before the other bonus characters. She is pretty darn fast and will double a lot of things. Her durability is questionable, but she can use Nosferatu, so who cares? Like any of the other bonus characters, lack of supports and availability hurt her. Oh yeah, she also comes with Galeforce 2.5/10

Postgame: Has Galeforce and can get Quick Burn, some breakers, and Lifetaker. However, her only activatable ability is Vengeance, which is kinda lackluster even though she can use Nosferatu/Aversa's Night which bumps up its usability quite a bit. Her caps are pretty good too, only taking a hit in a stat which doesn't matter at all postgame but she has a lack of supports which kinda hurt her 5/10

Average: 3.75/10

Stealing.