Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does lack at getting Def for a good while till around the endgame. But his Renewal and Underdog skills that he gets right off the bat more than makes up for it! He is one of the fastest DLC units in the game! He never will be a disappointment. Use him.

8.9/10

Edited by 綾波

Let's not forget the green units, which make nice bait.

Underdog is damn useful, and in four levels, he'll give himself Lucky 7, which makes his evade even more crazy. He can come after Say'ri, and STILL have decent offense/defense. Even if Anna gets her three levels, he'll have a nice durability lead on her, and I don't think he'll surrender it.

8/10 (+1 bias included for being one of my favorite DLC characters; PKL, if this is too hard to understand, lemme know)

You always say included, so I know the original is 7/10. Your votes have always been fine :P

It's some others i was glaring at >:@

Day 5: Alm

Alm is a dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad fighteeeeeeeeeeeeeer with aggressor and stuff

His B rank in swords makes Leif cry, although he can't tome ever and his axe rank isn't very... axey. His stats are decent enough, I suppose. And since he already has Dread Fighter skills, it couldn't hurt to reclass.

After all, so long as you have Aggressor it isn't really going to hurt your damage.

6.5/10, if it's with bias 7.5/10 because Alm and his art is badass

Edited by The Fush

His B rank in swords makes Leif cry, although he can't tome ever and his axe rank isn't very... axey. His stats are decent enough, I suppose. And since he already has Dread Fighter skills, it couldn't hurt to reclass.

After all, so long as you have Aggressor it isn't really going to hurt your damage.

6.5/10

I'M SO LAZY

I never use DLC characters because lol, but I like voting. This guy has the right idea, so I'm gonna use this, too.

6.5/10

Couldn't have said it better.

Aggressor makes him a very powerful unit, especially when partnered with a Galeforcer. 36 Str on Player Phase (after aggressor) is nothing to sneeze at. His weapons really suck though, with Hand Axes being the only 1-2 range he can really use (screw magic with E tomes and 5 magic >_>). So for maingame, he's a lot like Vaike. Let's give him a... 6 in main game.

Typical 10/10 postgame because class set.

16 /2 = 8 +1 bias because FE2 is awesome = 9/10

Terrible EP due to Aggresor not working there and meh spd base for the time he joins in. He's merely an ok unit. He can use hand axes for the 1-2 range at least.

5/10 -1 bias because his game is the lamest FE 4/10

Terrible EP due to Aggresor not working there and meh spd base for the time he joins in. He's merely an ok unit. He can use hand axes for the 1-2 range at least.

Alm needs to get out of his class ASAP. Might I recommend Hero? :P:

His offense should be unparalleled, but it's offset by his bleh Speed. He's relatively resilient, even if he needs someone fast glued to him for Speed (hello Leif).

6/10 (no bias)

but I thought FE4 was the lamest FE? :Kappa:

whatever, I'm copying this anyway because I'm going for least original ratings (including your bias, I'm that lazy)

Edited by shadykid

bah I missed Leif ;/

6.5/10, if it's with bias 7.5/10 because Alm and his art is badass

yeah this.

I really like Alm. I managed to recruit him mid-game in my Hard file, and he helped me out of some tight spots, especially since you can reclass him right away to a useful class. That art is also very awesome.

I rate Alm an even 8/10. No bias.

Alm needs to get out of his class ASAP. Might I recommend Hero? :P:

His offense should be unparalleled, but it's offset by his bleh Speed. He's relatively resilient, even if he needs someone fast glued to him for Speed (hello Leif).

6/10 (no bias)

I'm lazy today, so I'm gonna go with this. With a +1 for 7/10 biased since I like his art.

Alm's pretty good. Starting off in Dread Fighter is pretty sweet and he already has Aggressor and Res+10, so he can switch out as fast as he wants. In 9 levels, he can even switch to a promoted class. He makes for a good magekiller on the playerphase, with that +10 attack and high Res, but if that isn't your thing, he is flexible as all DLC classes have unlimited reclass pools.

Of course having a low Tome rank and no support options hurts, but it it isn't a deal breaker.

5/10 with +.5 bias because his art is cool for a 5.5/10

Edited by Melonhead

galeforce 10/10

He'd be cool if he joined earlier. As is, his map is obnoxious to do early so you won't be getting him until like... Ch.20-ish. Pretty sure it's actually possible to get Celica before him, but that's because her map is a joke. Gonna give him a 3/10 in main game.

10/10 post game for reasons I've stated since Day 1.

13/2 = 6.5/10

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Seliph has Galeforce, which is always nice for male units. His bases are good, (19 defense as a Level 2 Swordmaster is hax), but his maingame is... mediocre at best because his map is rather difficult, resulting in less availability. His postgame is amazing due to all classes. No supports hurts him, but he can pair up to give speed.

7/10, +.5 bias because I love his game, resulting in 7.5 biased.

Seliph has Galeforce, which is always nice for male units. His bases are good, (19 defense as a Level 2 Swordmaster is hax), but his maingame is... mediocre at best because his map is rather difficult, resulting in less availability. His postgame is amazing due to all classes. No supports hurts him, but he can pair up to give speed.

7/10, +.5 bias because I love his game, resulting in 7.5 biased.

Good enough

With the magic that is grinding on EXPonential Growth and a lot of patience, I recruited Seliph on Chapter 13 in my Hard File, and he's a bad boss with dat Galeforce. Granted, not many people are patient with grinding, so that does hurt his usefulness a bit. 8U But he is an okay unit, and really, you should be strong enough to handle LB3 by Chapter 16. An extra mid-game male Galeforcer is well worth it, even with no supports.

I rate Seliph 8/10 no bias, and 9/10 with bias.

He's actually a teensy bit slower than Leif (relatively speaking), but makes up for it with pretty good durability for a Swordmaster, Galeforce AND Charm, Silvers off the bat, and the freedom to reclass to something more useful. It doesn't really matter when he shows up, because he'll be useful no matter what (speedbot or last-minute blicker).

8/10 (no bias)

galeforce 10/10

He'd be cool if he joined earlier. As is, his map is obnoxious to do early so you won't be getting him until like... Ch.20-ish. Pretty sure it's actually possible to get Celica before him, but that's because her map is a joke. Gonna give him a 3/10 in main game.

10/10 post game for reasons I've stated since Day 1.

13/2 = 6.5/10

On first glance, Seliph is notable for being a male with access to Galeforce. Now, this isn't everything, but for a DLC character who needs something interesting to set them apart, this is Seliph's..Seliphing point. It's a pun. Get it?

And for a selling point, it's a pretty good one! It might not be totally necessary due to people like Micaiah flying around, but Males can grab Aggressor to make him a rather unparalleled Player Phase unit. Seliph also gets charm, which isn't as great as some of the skills he can grab from his reclass options, but still makes him slightly unique.

As with all DLC characters he forgot to bring a support list and is as flexible as a rubber band due to reclass options, so nothing new here.

Seliph may join late, but in the time you have him, he is a somewhat bulky swordmaster with Galeforce. Not bad!

7.5/10 with +.25 bias for a 7.75/10