Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

He's actually a teensy bit slower than Leif (relatively speaking), but makes up for it with pretty good durability for a Swordmaster, Galeforce AND Charm, Silvers off the bat, and the freedom to reclass to something more useful. It doesn't really matter when he shows up, because he'll be useful no matter what (speedbot or last-minute blicker).

8/10 (no bias)

Errr, not rly sure why you felt Charm was worth mentioning, since I just don't see 5% as enough to make or break whether a character gets hit or not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr, not rly sure why you felt Charm was worth mentioning, since I just don't see 5% as enough to make or break whether a character gets hit or not.

5% is better than 0%.

He's actually a teensy bit slower than Leif (relatively speaking), but makes up for it with pretty good durability for a Swordmaster, Galeforce AND Charm, Silvers off the bat, and the freedom to reclass to something more useful. It doesn't really matter when he shows up, because he'll be useful no matter what (speedbot or last-minute blicker).

8/10 (no bias)

5% is better than 0%.

Perhaps, but tbh, I see Charm as a wasted skill slot since enemy hit rates are generally either high enough that you'll likely still get hit or low enough that they'll miss whether you're in Charm range or not.

Perhaps, but tbh, I see Charm as a wasted skill slot since enemy hit rates are generally either high enough that you'll likely still get hit or low enough that they'll miss whether you're in Charm range or not.

Charm > Nothing. Literally all that ZM meant.

Charm > Nothing. Literally all that ZM meant.

True. It's just that with the effect being so small, it's one of those skills I'd likely drop once I had more than 5 skills.

True. It's just that with the effect being so small, it's one of those skills I'd likely drop once I had more than 5 skills.

Which isn't immediately...

Charm is bad but it does serve some use...

Edited by bearclaw13

Seliph doesn't start with 5 skills, he's gonna have to reclass and pick up a level 15 skill in order to drop Charm, which would take forever

On first glance, Seliph is notable for being a male with access to Galeforce. Now, this isn't everything, but for a DLC character who needs something interesting to set them apart, this is Seliph's..Seliphing point. It's a pun. Get it?

And for a selling point, it's a pretty good one! It might not be totally necessary due to people like Micaiah flying around, but Males can grab Aggressor to make him a rather unparalleled Player Phase unit. Seliph also gets charm, which isn't as great as some of the skills he can grab from his reclass options, but still makes him slightly unique.

As with all DLC characters he forgot to bring a support list and is as flexible as a rubber band due to reclass options, so nothing new here.

Seliph may join late, but in the time you have him, he is a somewhat bulky swordmaster with Galeforce. Not bad!

7.5/10 with +.25 bias for a 7.75/10

I'm still very lazy right now, so I'm going with this, except make the score 7/10 and the bias 8/10 (a full +1) because I love his art.

Seliph is a Swordsmaster who's faster than Leif, and stronger, though will most likely join a little later, and he has Galepoops which means he will do double the pooping on the enemy. He's easily usable because of his starting stats for his level, which are very nice, and the B rank in swords means he'll wreck things with Killing Edges and Silver Swords. If swords aren't your cup of tea, you could always make him a Hero or something so he has another option. Overall, a very nice unit to have.

Only nitpicks I have is that, like Roy, he doesn't have the skills of his tier 1 class. Avoid +10 was present, but Vantage would've been very helpful.

7.5/10, though with bias it's 8/10 cuz Galepoops Swordsmaster ftw

Charm is pretty helpful earlier. I mean, extra avoid for units that are being brought up to speed is pretty rad, right?

I'd agree if the effect wasn't a lousy 5%. And that's what disappoints me - that one of the lord skills is so very useless.

Edited by Levant Fortner

A rather disappointing unit. Stats are mediocre. No special skills. Same class thing as every other DLC character. Still better than Roy. 5/10. But love her character so 6/10

ITT: Dual Strike+ and Charm are not special skills

I don't like Dual Strike+ on characters that can't support, because it turns a low chance of a dual strike into a slightly lower chance of a dual strike. Her offensive weapon ranks stop at Steel. Here's a comparison of her absolute bases versus the last three guys we rated:

Name     HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Leif     21  18  16  15  17  24  14   7
Alm      28  18   1  18  11  18  15   7
Seliph   23  15   9  12   9  25  13   8
Elincia  20  10  15  14  14  19   6  10
(this table also tells me that Leif was underrated as all hell; if he gets out of his base class at level 5, he'd be outright insane)

Other than her decent Magic/Speed stat and slightly-better-than-normal Res, she's inferior to the Lost Bloodlines guys. She can reclass to Sage so that she can attempt to utilize her Magic stat, but she'll have to struggle with E tomes. I think her biggest draw is Charm/Renewal - the latter's a pain to get. Otherwise, everyone ELSE does it better.

3/10 (no bias)

Edited by eclipse

I've said it a lot that the DLC characters need something interesting to make them worthwhile, and Elincia doesn't really have anything going for her. Being a flying Stave user is pretty helpful, but nothing Lissa can't do, so she's pretty outclassed there. She does have reclass options on par with Avatar to balance out no support options, but she's just mediocre in every way, really. She might help if there is a big gaping, staff-with-wings shaped hole in your team, but nothing else. LIssa and Anna have you covered.

4/10 with no bias for a 4/10

Forgot to bring Amiti 0/10

Flying rescue is at least useful. Her combat is problematic though. Her stats just don't cut it. She does have unlimited reclass options, but she's already in her most useful class (imo).

5/10 +1 bias 6/10

rescue on a flier is great, that's why I love Falcon Knights. But her stats are just "ehhh" and she comes late as well... plus you have other characters who can do her job. Unlimited reclass options is good and all, but she's best staying in Peg Knight tree. And why doesn't she have amiti.

4.75/10 unbiased, add .5 bias for 5.25 biased.

no Amiti, 0/10

Flying rescue is at least useful. Her combat is problematic though. Her stats just don't cut it. She does have unlimited reclass options, but she's already in her most useful class (imo).

5/10 +1 bias 6/10

....damn it you stole my line

oh well copying yours anyway

I never saw anything special about Elincia's DLC, and the art is god-awful. Anything you could have Elincia do, another unit could do way better, and possibly much earlier. 3/10 without bias, 2/10 with bias.

5/10 +1 bias 6/10

Eirika...

I liked her in FE8, but in my playthroughs, she was extremely weak.

i think she is interesting being a bride in Awakening, since she was the Restoration Queen.

i would rate her 7/10.

eirika!

well, she's a healer who can use bows (who cares) and lances (yay). Let's take a look at her bases.

Level 23 Bride

HP: 44

Strength: 20

Magic: 12

Skill: 26

Speed: 26

Luck: 22+4

Defense: 17

Resistance: 16

So, she's pretty speedy, and her growths aren't bad either. In terms of skills, she has bride skills (rally heart and bond) luck+4, and miracle. So her skills are good on average, as luck+4 is freaking useless, miracle is okay, bond is good, and rally heart is great. However, her xenologue takes higher-level characters to beat, so her availability is ehh.

6.75/10