Interestingly the aforementioned Micaiah's tactics is also reminescent of one of Zhuge Liang's, although only really in the fictionalised accounts of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. In it, during Zhuge Liang's southern expedition, because the enemy soldiers wore oil-soaked armor that were impenetrable to weaponry of the time, he baited them through a valley then threw rocks and flames down it killing basically everyone.

He did, afterwards, comment on how awful was it himself (the exact extent of it is hard for me to describe since I can't accurately in English describe sentiments that are culturally Chinese), but it was something.

But it was lesser known, presumably because it's probably not historically accurate and only in the novel.

Still found it interesting how FE story uses tactics reminescent to those in RoTK or the three kingdoms era itself.

To be fair, how different is setting the ship on fire to, say casting a fir tome on our enemies? Hell, Bolganone literally opens up a hole to the mantle and coats your enemy in magma. At least in that mission, most enemy soldiers would succumb suffocation and smoke inhalation long before the flames reach reach them. Half the reason I give Henry a Bolganone or Arcfire tome in addition to his Nosferatus is that I imagine he'd enjoy watching his victim writhe in pain as his/her skin burns off or limbs dissolve from the intense heat.

Why is people calling this an inhumane tactic in the Medieval age? Chemical warfare was banned since WWII. before that it was perfectly acceptable to pour flaming hot oil onto the onrushing attackers, you can make this connection with Avatar and his boat burning too. So it is acceptable because of the time and place within the FE: Awakening setting and as such would not bother Chrom's or the Avatar's mind. And also about the boats... well it was not Chrom's boats originally right? It would have weakened the Plegian navy and there is no need for Plegia to have such a strong navy after a war right?

Edited by sifer

To be fair, how different is setting the ship on fire to, say casting a fir tome on our enemies? Hell, Bolganone literally opens up a hole to the mantle and coats your enemy in magma. At least in that mission, most enemy soldiers would succumb suffocation and smoke inhalation long before the flames reach reach them. Half the reason I give Henry a Bolganone or Arcfire tome in addition to his Nosferatus is that I imagine he'd enjoy watching his victim writhe in pain as his/her skin burns off or limbs dissolve from the intense heat.

But that's even worse...

Like I said, my only real problem with it is how it is called inhumane in FE10 and everyone, including the fandom hates Micaiah for it and yet the fans continue to call her a Mary Sue while Avatar gets off free.

The only thing that bothered me with Macaiah was that she was only trying to buy time. She did not need to use that tactic. Avatar did. Another thing that bothers me about that was that she tried to kill a kid.

The only thing that bothered me with Macaiah was that she was only trying to buy time. She did not need to use that tactic. Avatar did. Another thing that bothers me about that was that she tried to kill a kid.

....what

heavily outnumbered, can't fight a head-on battle......seems familiar!

and I'm not even going to touch the stupid that is the last sentence

Edited by shadykid