Touhou NOCfia - Game Over

Prims

The Mafia Game Formerly Known As Spell Card Mafia

Rules:

- I'm the mod and my word is final. Don't do anything that you expect will annoy me, even if it's not in the rules. This includes looking for loopholes.

- No Outside Contact, keep the talking to the game thread unless your role allows otherwise.

- Don't directly intefere with the game if you're dead or not playing - if you're going to talk to other players or post in-thread I expect everything you say to have no game relevance whatsoever. Also, do not talk about the game to other players (dead or living) while deceased unless both of you have received a link to the graveyard quicktopic. The graveyard will contain a list of players who have access to it in the OP.

- Don't directly quote communications with the mod unless given permission. This includes your Role PM.

- Going 24 hours without a post nets you a prod. Going 48 hours without a post or receiving too many prods is likely to result in a modkill.

- Don't screenshot things.

- Don't use Special Snowflake Fonts or Text Colors.

- Don't edit your posts.

- Don't post after hammer.

- If you get yourself modkilled, you lose the game and your alignment may be subject to further punishment to circumvent any advantage your death could result in.

- Have good integrity. This includes not being a dick.

- Play to win.

Mechanics:

- Night 0 start, killing actions may not be used during this time. Players may not speak at night unless their role allows otherwise.

- 72 hour days, 24 hour nights.

- 18 PLAYERS AND ABOVE: Player with most votes will be lynched at deadline, so long as their number of votes is equal to at least a third of the living players (rounded down). A day ending with no player at the required amount of votes for a lynch or with two players at the same amount of votes results in a failed lynch.

- 17 PLAYERS AND BELOW: No Majority (half living players rounded down + 1) = Failed Lynch

- A failed lynch results in a No Lynch the first time, and a universal loss the second.

- You will be told whether your action failed or not, but not what caused it to fail (as a general note, this accounts for stuff like roleblocker / safeguard / etc., a kill attempt that failed because the target was doc'd will still be considered successful)

- Killing roles get infinite no-kills

- You will be told if your action was redirected

- LYLO and MYLO will be announced. Whether a loss is potential or guaranteed will not be.

Set-up Info:

- All players are on the player list.

- All players have at least one role-based ability.

- Players have spell cards in addition to their role. These are essentially items and are to be declared in public during the day through a given command unless stated otherwise.

- Players may request that anonymous day actions or spell cards be used at a specific time in advance for whatever reason (not wanting to be caught on the online list, not being available when they need to use it, etc).

- No roles in this game have random properties; if something seems like it can not be controlled by its user then it has pre-set conditions for its effect.

- Cardflips will contain a pretty picture, player name, character name, alignment & role name and phase of death. Cardflips will also never lie to you. However, roles won't always be traditionally identifiable from role name - somebody could flip Town Doctor when they're more accurately a town macho 3-shot day doctor whose protection lasts until the end of the following night.

- You can only use one active ability per night unless the circumstances allow otherwise.

- If your role PM doesn't say you can self-target, you can't.

- There are no Jesters in this game.

- All cop investigations can be assumed sane.

- Roles =/= alignment. Play the set-up as if it were unbreakable.

Sample Role PM:

Prims, you are Rinnosuke Morichika, a quaint half-human / half-youkai hybrid who sells "antiques" from the Outside World in your shop. Though you have the ability to comprehend the utility of whatever objects you find, you don't actually know how they're used, which makes you come off pretty silly.

Your abilities are as follows:

• 'Nilla Wafer (Omniphase, Passive): Yukari has supplied you with one (1) vanilla-flavored confectionary from the outside world. This is 100% mod-guaranteed to be the most delicious cookie in the entire set-up.
You are not carrying any spellcards because you are not a little girl.

tl;dr you are a Vanilla Townie. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

17. Sangyul (Boron) - Reimu Hakurei - Serial Killer - Won Day 7! Congratulations!

Dead Parrots:

1. Baldrick - Mononobe no Futo - Town Tracker - Modkilled Day 1

16. Rapier - Koishi Komeiji - Town Commuter - Killed Night 1

20. Stahlypin - Youmu Konpaku - Town Bodyguard - Killed Day 2

3. Blitz - Marisa Kirisame - Town Mayor - Lynched Day 2

5. BT. - Sakuya Izayoi - Town Jailkeeper - Killed Night 2

13. NekoRex - Keine Kamishirasawa - Town History Eater - Killed Day 3

14. Objection!! - Cirno - Town Redirector - Lynched Day 3

11. Liquid Snake (Reinfleche) - Nitori Kawashiro - Town Inventor - Killed Night 3

8. Kay Elieson - Kyouko Kasodani - Town Loudmouth - Lynched Day 4

15. Paperblade - Tenshi Hinanai - Town Forecaster - Killed Night 4

18. scorri - Patchouli Knowledge - Mafia Librarian / Craftswoman - Killed Night 4

10. Laevateinn (Proto) - Suika Ibuki - Town Neighborizer - Killed Day 5

24. Zeem Camtech - Sanae Kochiya - Town Bulletproof - Lynched Day 5

22. Super Serious Gal - Satori Komeiji - Town Cop - Killed Night 5

7. Fera Shadoweh - Alice Margatroid - Town Jack of All Trades - Killed Day 6

4. Bluedoom - Nue Houjuu - Town Ninja - Killed Day 6

23. Xin'dy - Yukari Yakumo - Mafia Godmother / Bus Driver - Lynched Day 6

6. Essbee - Eiki Shiki - Town Follower - Killed Night 6

12. Manix - Suwako Moriya - Mafia Ascetic / Empowerer - Lynched Day 7

21. Strege - Aya Shameimaru - Reporter - Lost Night 7

2. BBM - Kogasa Tatara - Mafia Announcer / Gravedigger - Killed Night 7

9. kirsche (Kevin) - Shou Toramaru - Town Insomniac - Killed Night 7

19. Shinori - Reisen Udongein Inaba - Town Fabricator - Endgamed Night 7

Sub Pool:

1. eclipse (from start of July only)

Handy Links:

1. Day 1 - 1.1 MODSCENE, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 MODSCENE, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8. Night 1

2. Day 2 - 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.5 MODSCENE, 2.7, 2.8, Night 2

3. Day 3 - 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 MODSCENE, Elieson subs in for Kay, Night 3

4. Day 4 - 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, Night 4

5. Day 5 - 5.1, 5.2 MODSCENE, 5.3, 5.4, Night 5

6. Day 6 - 6.1 MODSCENE, 6.2, Night 6

7. Day 7 - 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6 MODSCENE, Night 7

Edited by Witch

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Role PMs will go out once I've consulted with my checker, at which point I'll start Confirmation Phase and N0 (simultaneously).

Keep posting to the sign-ups thread until that happens, then shut up.

Night 0

Your Nightly Flavor:

<Paperblade> "I'll start in 2 hours if he's not here"

<Paperblade> 10 minutes later

<Paperblade> "WHERE IS HE"

<Paperblade> "I NEED TO START MY GAYM"

<BBM> lol

<Prims> adhd as fucc :(

<Paperblade> don't think that's ADHD

<BBM> ^^

<Prims> i guess low attention span / low patience are kinda different?

<Prims> theyre close enough....

<Prims> i have both :>

<Paperblade> gross

<Paperblade> do you take medicine for it

<Prims> no

<Prims> im not legit diagnosed with adhd or anything. im just impatient

<Prims> because im a bad person

<Prims> man fuck this i'm starting anyway

Role PMs are now being sent. Please confirm via PM and send in your Night 0 action (if any) when you receive yours. You have 25 and a half hours to reply. Do not post at night unless your role allows you to do so.

Rapier may not be targeted.

Edited by Witch

Day 1

After rushing out role PMs for an unfinished game in true Hopeless Masquerade fashion, Rinnosuke was found unconscious on the floor due to an unfortunate incident involving a box of mafia playing cards from the outside world and an unsturdy ladder.

uniXQJA.png

Prims - Rinnosuke Morichika - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 0

Everyone soundly agreed this was a great excuse to shoot bullets at eachother.

And then, some noisy voices spoke up:

BOO!

Your scary neighbourhood 50-word limit Announcer reporting. Prims is lame and won'tletmetypelikethistosavewords, so my announcements will be pretty short. But it's okay, I HAVE OTHER METHODS! Aren't you scared!? Aren't I scary!?

Hey, don't mind me. I'll just be pottering around, cleaning up. I don't know how you can live with everything just strewn around anywhere! Once this place is spotless, I'll be able to play with you properly, so bear with me. BTW, Xinnidy is definitely town, please don't lynch her!

Gee, I'm surrounded by incompetence! At least those cats can deliver this message for me:

public class HelloWorld {
        public static void main(String [] args) {
            System.out.println("Hello World!");
        }
    }
Oh, I have a 50-word limit? Bummer, those prints are so tiny!

I wonder if Master is around...

"Wow, that was more lines than the entire flavor.", some asshole remarked.

It is now Day 1. You have 73 hours to decide on a lynch. With 24 alive, it takes 8 to deadline lynch and 13 to hammer. Rapier may not be targeted or voted. (Also, cardflip images link to their source on pixiv, if anybody cares.)

Players:

1. Baldrick

2. BBM

3. Bluedoom

4. BT.

5. Cap'n Flint (Blitz)

6. Essbee

7. Fera

8. Kay

9. kirsche (Kevin)

10. Laevateinn (Proto)

11. Liquid Snake (Reinfleche)

12. Manix

13. NekoRex

14. Objection!!

15. Paperblade

16. Rapier

17. Sangyul (Boron)

18. scorri

19. Shinori

20. Stahlypin

21. Strege

22. Super Serious Gal

23. Xin'dy

24. Zeem

Dead Parrots:

0. N/A

Oh yeah, nearly forgot. I was given information from somebody that told me that at least one member of the mafia has been given a fake town role PM that includes a portion of their actual role, and that they will return as this PM to everybody trying to learn about their role.

So I guess the mafia has a GF?

Oh yeah, nearly forgot. I was given information from somebody that told me that at least one member of the mafia has been given a fake town role PM that includes a portion of their actual role, and that they will return as this PM to everybody trying to learn about their role.

So I guess the mafia has a GF?

Erm...doesn't the mafia always have a GF, if I'm not mistaken?

Since when was Cam playing this game?

##Vote: Zeem

Hi ZM. :P

Also, I might not be very active tonight. I just got yelled at over something stupid >_< and am reading a textbook.

Since when was Cam playing this game?

##Vote: Zeem

Hi ZM. :P

Also, I might not be very active tonight. I just got yelled at over something stupid >_< and am reading a textbook.

Heya Boron. :D

welcome to forum mafia. the answer is "not always" because we're special snowflakes :P

Oh. Welp, the more you know. This should be interesting.

Erm...doesn't the mafia always have a GF, if I'm not mistaken?

Not always. They're fairly common though, so it's not the most useful info.

whaddaya mean Paperblade?