Best units for Lunatic?

Fargo294

Frederick is best as pair-up fodder after the prologue, tbh. He's amazing at that job though.

As for your team, I recommend it being small, like 1 or 2 pairings. I like FeMu-Chrom alot, since you can give Lucina Veteran and make her into a killing machine like MU quickly, and give Morgan some good skills. Personally, I don't feel Galeforce is as important in Loony, since EP is far more important than player phase here. Using Nowi might be good as well, due to her pretty good starting defenses compared to other characters. Panne can dodge-tank if you bother to take her to Wyvern Lord, due to Even Rhythm-Tantivy-Sword/Lancebreaker, a potential Hit/Avo + 70, which can seriously change the tide of the battle.

Lon'qu makes a decent Wyvern Rider too, he's not as sturdy as Panne is, but he does have better skills than her. I've also had success with him as Trickster because of Lucky 7/Avoid +10/Supports stack, but Trickster is pretty sub par offensively.

Also, a Dark Mage will do you some good. Nosferatanking got me through my 1st Lunatic play-through.

I wouldn't advise using Spotpass characters unless you have the renown for the large bullion or ultimate emblem. By the time you can afford the expensive ones you team should be better. Also the low cost ones for the most part are not so good. If you want to use them I advise getting the large bullion and buying DLC marth and either Clair or Roy.

Clair is actually very good. Give her Veteran and she can solo pretty easily mid-game! She helped me get through mid Lunatic alone.

------

Walhart.

He's invaluable in the DLC maps.

Chrom and MU are excellent soloers.

If it's your first (no grinding) Lunatic run, I would recommend Avatar + Nowi for Manakate daughters with Veteran as an alternative to the popular Chrom + Avatar pairing. It's also a nice pairing for postgame. But you should really marry for love.

Edited by XeKr

Clair is actually very good. Give her Veteran and she can solo pretty easily mid-game! She helped me get through mid Lunatic alone.

Is Slow Burn really that good? I suppose that it helps during the later turns, but I never thought of it as a game changer.

Frederick is best as pair-up fodder after the prologue, tbh. He's amazing at that job though.

As for your team, I recommend it being small, like 1 or 2 pairings. I like FeMu-Chrom alot, since you can give Lucina Veteran and make her into a killing machine like MU quickly, and give Morgan some good skills. Personally, I don't feel Galeforce is as important in Loony, since EP is far more important than player phase here. Using Nowi might be good as well, due to her pretty good starting defenses compared to other characters. Panne can dodge-tank if you bother to take her to Wyvern Lord, due to Even Rhythm-Tantivy-Sword/Lancebreaker, a potential Hit/Avo + 70, which can seriously change the tide of the battle.

I've been trying to keep my team small, but deciding who to keep on my team is becoming a hard decision. I'm wondering if I should pick Gaius over Gregor because of his higher skill and speed even though Gregor has more physical durability.

Thing is, with Loony, if you get too big of a team, EXP distribution becomes unneededly difficult, and it's not worth it due to how weak you'll be when facing Endgame. My first Loony run was 1 pairing (FeMu x Chrom) and all I used was FeMu x Chrom and their children. It worked out really well for me, since while I was overpowered, lategame was the perfect difficulty for me.

The easiest way to beat C2 is to have Pair Frederick with a +Def Avatar who took most of the Prologue and C1 kills. You can start a new file and get up to speed in a jiffy. Alternatively, you can beat it by taking out the Mercenary near the start point and maneuvering Frederick carefully while hiding your other units in the lower-left corner.

I got lucky in my Lunatic run, since Frederick got most of the Prologue and C1 kills, but got SPD in both his levels. And because he had a C support with my +DEF -LUCK Avatar, he had enough SPD to double the fighters. He got SPD again in a level up, and was then able to double the soldiers.

But yeah, the other units are pretty annoying to keep alive if something wrong happens, and it happened to me a lot (Frederick getting critkilled, miscalculations, moving to the wrong tile, etc.) An enemy soldier always attacked the group in hiding, but Chrom, Miriel, and Virion took him down easily. As long as the first wave of enemies gets handled, the chapter gets easy.

The boss moves, too, but Frederick should destroy him. (Mine had A swords by that time, haha.)

What's your plan for him? Gregor makes a decent Myrmidon because he can combine Patience with Avoid +10, and his C Sword rank gives you decent flexibility for weapons, but you give up easy access to Hero if you do that.

What's your plan for him? Gregor makes a decent Myrmidon because he can combine Patience with Avoid +10, and his C Sword rank gives you decent flexibility for weapons, but you give up easy access to Hero if you do that.

Since I'm planning to make Gaius a Hero, I figured I wouldn't need two heroes. I thought about promoting him to a Swordmaster since he can grab both Astra and Swordfaire. Lastly, a Gregor Myrmidon would be sturdier than a Gaius Myrmidon.

P.S. I'm a little worried about how I should handle chapter 9, being a desert level and all. And I'd prefer to recruit Libra and Tharja for my peace of mind(the same reason I foolishly recruited Donny =P).

Edited by Fargo294

Since I'm planning to make Gaius a Hero, I figured I wouldn't need two heroes. I thought about promoting him to a Swordmaster since he can grab both Astra and Swordfaire. Lastly, a Gregor Myrmidon would be sturdier than a Gaius Myrmidon.

It's a fair idea; you can go either way with that one. Either stay in Merc for a while for some stats, or reclass immediately to keep your internal levels low and get to Swordmaster ASAP.

P.S. I'm a little worried about how I should handle chapter 9, being a desert level and all. And I'd prefer to recruit Libra and Tharja for my peace of mind(the same reason I foolishly recruited Donny =P).

You can use Rescue on Libra, just make sure that Chrom is within range for Ally Phase so that he recruits himself. Wyvern reinforcements show up in the north at the end of Turn 5, so make your push quickly. Tharja can be baited to attack someone without 2-range, and then you just recruit with Chrom.

Watch out for the fort reinforcements.

If you got limit breaker, and don't mind grinding a bit. Him using Sol Katti as a swordmaster is fun.

Most of the time is overkill, but several criticals in Astra will give you the exhilaration.

Sol Katti can be obtained at Yen'fay paralouge in case you have forgotten.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what to do with Virion. By that, I mean what should I promote him to? Bow Knights get good mobility and HP, but Snipers seem to be more defense-based and are stronger.

I don't know what to do with Virion. By that, I mean what should I promote him to? Bow Knights get good mobility and HP, but Snipers seem to be more defense-based and are stronger.

I usually have Virion end up as a Sniper, but before that I have him go Archer-Wyvern Rider-Wyvern Lord (For Swordbreaker)-Griffon Rider (For Lancebreaker)-Dark Knight (For Lifetaker)-Sniper.

Edited by Virion