SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That Megaman stage is definitely Dr. Wily's lab. And we've got an updated verison of the Battlefield stage I believe. And we've got a new Smash Bros arena stage... it looks kind of like a boxing ring...

Punch Out!

Punch Out is certainly a possibility, also its the closest thing we have to the Glitz Pit ever being in smash haha

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, seriously? I wasn't sure if that was SS or TP Link... I'm going to analyze that too just to make sure. I really hope it's not... because I want SS Zelda - she was so freaking cute.

Oh! Spirit Tracks stage, le duh! :D

Yeah, it doesn't look like they changed Link at all when he really needed revamping. Ugh... Spirit Tracks stage is sweet though. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, it doesn't look like they changed Link at all when he really needed revamping. Ugh... Spirit Tracks stage is sweet though. :D

I'm just glad Pit's back.

Hey, here's a picture of that stage that looks like Arena Ferox.

screen-7.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm thinking it is.

Guys! Guys! Guys!

You haven't touched on the most awesome thing about this trailer!

NO TRIPPING

The 3DS version looks gorgeous! The wii u one looks good too, but I'm surprised that the handheld console version looks better than it.

The Skyloft stage looks like a moving one, judging by the screenshots. Background is totally different in each one, but it's definitely Skyloft.

screen-7.jpg

Here's another one:

screen-8.jpg

Those character models in the back assure me this is Arena Ferox.

LON'QU SHOULD BE PLAYABLE

Edited by Zeem

Not sure if it was mentioned, but there's a megaman stage.

screen-5.jpg

Edit: It was mentioned. Oh well. I'm excited.

Edited by Tables

screen-7.jpg

The stage is definitely the Arena. Look at the pattern on that platform. It's the same pattern that is on the outermost part of the circle of Awakening's map stage:

300px-FE13_Chapter_4.jpg

Or at the very least, it's almost definitely if somehow there was still room for doubt.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ah, it is Skyloft! Awesome! But why would it be a moving stage? Skyloft doesn't move at all. o.O

And that does look like Arena Ferox too. Chrom's most probably gonna be playable!

But it's still incredibly stupid that they're still using TP Link's model. WTF is wrong with Skyward Sword Link? He's got that sweet Skyward Strike and a much cooler bow! He's better looking too, imo.

The stage is definitely the Arena. Look at the pattern on that platform. It's the same pattern that is on the outermost part of the circle of Awakening's map stage:

300px-FE13_Chapter_4.jpg

Or at the very least, it's almost definitely if somehow there was still room for doubt.

Looks like it! Good find, thanks. :)

Also this stage is the one I think is the updated Battlefield from Brawl. Thoughts?

screen-4.jpg

Edited by Vashiane

I actually think that Link is somewhere between his TP and SS look. He isn't cel shaded but the look of his pants makes me think it is based off of SS more. TP didn't have loose fitting pants.

SS Link didn't have those bangs or that brown thing on his gauntlet either. He also still uses TP Link's bow instead of the Sacred Bow (which would've been way better and is way cooler looking). The model is mostly TP Link, definitely. Which sucks.

EDIT: Link still has TP boots too. SS Link's were different.

Also, ah, so it works like Delfino did. I can go with that. :)

Edited by Anacybele

But it's still incredibly stupid that they're still using TP Link's model. WTF is wrong with Skyward Sword Link? He's got that sweet Skyward Strike and a much cooler bow! He's better looking too, imo.

It's probably a reference to the Wii U tech demo. Anyway, I guess this means Zelda/Sheik and Ganondorf likely will stay as they were too.

Also, it seems like the arenas for the 3DS game are mostly different from the Wii U's (likely to avoid much zooming out) and the 3DS arenas shown there all seemed to be based on portable games. Arena Ferox is a 3DS arena. I wonder what this means for a Fire Emblem stage in the Wii U game? Are we going to get something from as far back as Mystery of the Emblem? Or will they include something from Awakening anyway?

Edited by NeonZ

It's probably a reference to the Wii U tech demo. Anyway, I guess this means Zelda/Sheik and Ganondorf likely will stay as they were too.

Meh, I still would much rather have SS Link.