SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not expecting Villager in this game, but I'm totally cool with him being in. I loved what they did with him as a character, what with dropping saplings on people, and chopping trees on them. He'll be a great edition to this game.

Also both versions look INCREDIBLE visually.

Yay Pit got a new moveset.

Exited to see Megaman joining Smash 4. The fact that he's in convinced me that at least Sonic (and maybe Snake) will still be in Smash 4. I mean I actually like 3rd party characters, but only if they have been associated with Nintendo recently. (Sonic has had a few Nintendo exclusives and the upcoming Sonic Lost World as well)

Edited by Kamina

Exited to see Megaman joining Smash 4. The fact that he's in convinced me that at least Sonic (and maybe Snake) will still be in Smash 4.

Certainly possible. I'd bank more on Sonic considering Lost World is Wii U/3DS exclusive and the fact that Sega and Nintendo recently made the deal for 3 Nintendo only console Sonic games for the next 3 and Bayonetta 2 to be on the Wii U

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this, but at 1:25 in the video, if you watch Bowser as he jumps into the ring, for a brief moment, you'll see him run foward. Also, look at this picture from the official site:

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/koopa/screen-3.jpg

It seems like they finally gave Bowser an actual running animation. I am now very happy.

I was surprised to see Villager become playable! I honestly was expecting either Tom Nook or KK Slider. He looks like a fun character, but that permasmile on his face just screams trololol. Mega Man was expected, but I wasn't sure which of his designs they would choose. Looks good, as does his stage.

DK's fur and Bowser's skin textures look awesome! Link looks sexy. I guess Toon Link won't be back since he appears as part the Spirit Tracks stage. So this means we may possibly see two new Zelda characters after all...Ghirahim most likely, but who else? Tingle? I'd dig it.

Lol at Samus looking more feminine than usual...

main.png

Stages look pretty good; I also noticed that Arena Ferox-looking one (seems to be 3DS exclusive?). Glad we're finally getting an FE stage that comes from the actual games. Hopefully it's not the only one.

I guess I'm a bit late for the party, since I was caught up checking the news and updates on the upcoming games.

Anyways, I'm glad to see Animal Crossing finally getting a rep, being a rather big Nintendo series. I thought it wouldn't based on Sakurai saying fighters for a series like Animal Crossing is unfeasible and doesn't fit the Animal Crossing series (he said that in a Brawl interview). I like how unique his fighting style is. I'm kind of curious about a lot of his attacks, like the cutting down the tree move and the projectile capturing.

Mega Man, I feel really weird being psyched up seeing him in SSB4. I haven't even played many of the games besides beating 2-3 of the bosses in Mega Man 1 and completely beating this Mega Man X GBC game (except for one of the boss rush modes), yet I was so pumped at seeing him in. I guess it's because I consider Mega Man to be a 3rd Party that actually deserves to be in Smash Bros. (Metal Gear Solid and Snake is barely associated with Nintendo and looks out of place among the Nintendo universes and Sonic was an enemy of Nintendo for over a decade and doesn't deserve to be in a Nintendo Fighter in my eyes, especially when characters like Mega Man and Bomberman have heavily supported Nintendo since the NES days).

Anyways, I could barely recognize what games most of the levels were from. The Boxing Ring is likely unique to Smash Bros, due to the emblem in the middle. The Train and Skyloft were obvious as well as Wily's Castle. The Mario one with the spike pillars, I'm not sure which Mario game it's from. The Cliff level, that was Pokemon Black/White, right? If only there was a list of levels shown in the SSB4 trailer.

Hey guys, you probably are going to crap your pants at this... It's from Nintendo's Facebook page.

The Wii Fit Trainer has been announced as a new character in Smash Bros.

600547_469943043090154_293243650_n.jpg

...I hope to god it's just an assist trophy. It would be a TOTAL waste of a character slot.

The Mario one with the spike pillars, I'm not sure which Mario game it's from. The Cliff level, that was Pokemon Black/White, right? If only there was a list of levels shown in the SSB4 trailer.

I'm not sure either, but those spike pillars looked like the ones in Super Mario World.

inb4 trolled

won't beleive it until its on smashbros.com

or this is the new meta knight who's totally broken.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Oh god Ana, I hope to god you're just trolling us, because that would be the definition of an unnecessary character...

Then again, knowing Sakurai...

No, I took this straight from Facebook. Either Nintendo is trolling us or it's just an assist trophy. I swear, I'm not playing any tricks!

No, I took this straight from Facebook. Either Nintendo is trolling us or it's just an assist trophy. I swear, I'm not playing any tricks!

Nah. We aren't discrediting you at all. I saw the post as well, we are just in disbelief until it's "OFFICIAL OFFICIAL"

Chill a little haha.

I still personally think the Wii Fit trainer is a better choice than alternate versions of characters as separate slots and most 3rd parties. I still think even Non-Specific Action figure is more eligible and deserving for SSB4, despite NSAF never being in a game.

I'm not treating it as official until Nintendo says it is (whether it's on smashbros.com or on another official site or video of theirs).

Nah. We aren't discrediting you at all. I saw the post as well, we are just in disbelief until it's "OFFICIAL OFFICIAL"

Chill a little haha.

Oh, okay, my bad. XD

OMG GERUDO VALLEY FOR SURE AT 1:15 IN KELSPER'S VIDEO! SWEET! :D