SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound dumb but... where is the capsule...?

Do you mean the stage its on? The pilotwings stage on the Red plane.

If you mean where in the pic it is. Da middle :P

Do you mean the stage its on? The pilotwings stage on the Red plane.

If you mean where in the pic it is. Da middle :P

I have a feeling the mistake comes from that the last picture I'm seeing is probably not the latest one... unless the one with the split-screen with Marth on both sides is the latest one and people here just uploaded the sync'ed URL...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Pic of the Day:

q5yvDgU.jpg

Sakurai on Miiverse:
"The Villager's bug catching net that was shown in the movie is actually a grapple move. It is sort of like Link's Clawshot and Samus's Grapple Beam."

So this is the villager's grab move. I wonder how he throws the opponent.

It appears that the villager is the superior bug catcher though. That's what you get for slacking off Link!

sbKaQ8W.jpg

"Pic of the day. The characters' thick outlines are only available in the 3DS version. Only the external outline is thickened and won't appear in instances like when the hands or feet are overlapping. It's got a softness to it and is not just black." - Sakurai

"Sakurai says he's constantly being recorded at work, not a fan of it" => NSA strikes again

I do wonder about the future of Smash. This plus his past comments about fan backlash make me think Sakurai's getting tired of working on the series. IIRC he didn't want to make another one so soon after Brawl and only ended up working on this one after The Big Bosses pretty much forced him to.

There's a new Kirby game coming out in Japan on January 11th called Kirby: Triple Delxue.

Hopefully we'll see Meta Knight or Dedede on that day.

Still banking on Zelda on the 22nd.

Update: New Stage confirmed!

d0e37750477df877b6e2e35f3041073b.png

From Sakurai: Pic of the day. A new stage, Mario Galaxy!! The pull of gravity emanates from the center of the planet, so this will require using brand-new tactics.

Love it!

And we got a second picture of it.

EMRbtkw.jpg

and the Challenger Approaching banner is gone. Expect a reveal soon.

Edited by DoofInAHat

Nice! I'm really liking the level, especially with its planet gravity mechanics and how the level represents the Super Mario Galaxy games very well. =D

I find it strange that there's no cameo characters in the background. I thought there'd be Rosalina or at least a few Lumas. Maybe the character cameos are like Spear Pillar in Brawl where they appear and disappear every now and then. Or maybe Rosalina is playable and uses moves from the Super Mario Galaxy games.

You're probably right about an upcoming reveal soon Doofina, especially with November 22 coming up and three games being launched on that day. I just wonder if it'll be a Mario or Zelda reveal.