SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Nope.

It wouldn't. Everyone else should be 50% more damaged by swallowing it. 100% for three characters as it should function like the Poison Mushroom for purely organic lifeforms.

Um, but it would, though. Having any item perform a different function for some characters than it does for others is bad for balance. Even if it really doesn't make a difference, there's a perceived unfairness for players that makes it not a good design choice. I'm sorry, I don't mean to shoot you down as much as other people are, as I like the idea of an Energy Tank as a (universal) healing item, but having it function differently for different characters IS a bad idea.

Um... like who is Wonder Red?

As for Wonder Red, he's one of the hero characters in The Wonderful 101. I don't really know anything else though, I've never played this game.

I played TW101 briefly... I'd basically describe it as Power Rangers meets Pikmin. It's pretty silly and over-the-top, but definitely in a fun way.

We need to see him mega evolve in 3d.

But... the Hoenn pokes have been kind of oddly blunt in comparison to the other generations. Their designs won't be appreciated for even being a random Pokemon but Gardervoir. Even though the third gen is one of my utmost favorites.

You know what I need? I need playable Ridley so I can main my favorite video game villain.

They don't always cater to what we think we need, though. :0 Just because he's been in Melee and Charizard/Lucario have their MegaEvos, it doesn't necessarily mean Mewtwo will be in so he can Megavolve.

3rd Gen is one of my favorites in terms of design too, incidentally. =w=

1) Being hopeful is something completely different than having unrealistic expectations. I'm hopeful, that won't change, I am also, however, realistic. If sceptile isn't in the game i'm not going to be disappointed, same goes for every other character that exists, don't you worry about that.

2) Also, being told to trust some random person on the internet, someone who isn't remotely connected to any factual data about popularity and being expected to blindly believe their words just because they told you it is so doesn't make a very compelling case. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true, trust me. =p

3) EDIT: Also, your statement about that it is true for a vast majority of pokemon is flawed reasoning. The statement itself is correct, but it is entirely irrelevant to my earlier statement of sceptile not having any trouble getting a move set. ;)

[ That person has a gun, he's probably a good shot with that. --> A lot of other people are probably also able to wield a gun well. (it's true, but completely irrelevant)]

1) Then I am perhaps being too patronizing, and I apologize. I take a very cynical approach and typically meld my hope and expectations, but it's not right of me to force that view on others either. =3= sorry.

2) True lol. Mainly I say this on the basis of my experiences with Ridley not being in Brawl, but... True

3) Ah... that's sort of true... dunno about the gun analogy, but basically just what I was getting at is that moveset is never an issue because Sakurai is good at coming up with those for anyone he feels deserves to be in. That's all I was trying to say.

Wonder Red is from the Wonderful 101 game for the Wii U. It came out last fall. Also it's pretty weird that they're including him since the game was developed by Platinum Studios.

So? DKC was developed by Rare and Metroid Prime was developed by Retro Studios. Doesn't matter as long as Nintendo owns the IP.

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You speak within the real of reason, I like that. ^^ No need to apologise though, it's good wanting to help.

Leaf blading people up would be awesome though.

@Ana

I thought that there would be a sequel to X/Y. But...guess not. Hoenn remake is a yippie!

There can still be an X/Y sequel or follow-up. At least I hope there will be. Hoenn sucks, imo, I don't want these pointless remakes to take away any chances of an X/Y continuation.

Anyway, yeah, The Wonderful 101 does seem to share some similarities with the Power Rangers. lol Like different colored heroes (Wonder Red, Wonder Blue, Wonder Pink, etc.),

And Banyru is right, it doesn't matter who developed what as long as Nintendo owns it. Otherwise, Smash Bros would have a pretty tiny roster. lol

So? DKC was developed by Rare and Metroid Prime was developed by Retro Studios. Doesn't matter as long as Nintendo owns the IP.

Well true. Just didn't know that 101 was a Nintendo IP.

Edited by Naui

so, after discussing the two pikachu wannabes (plusle and minun) in the smogon thread, and noticing that there was something on them possibly getting mega evos, i thought, "huh, charizard and lucario have mega evos in their final smash, what about those rats." so, maybe there's SOME hope for the rats scurrying among the forbidden seven.

so, after discussing the two pikachu wannabes (plusle and minun) in the smogon thread, and noticing that there was something on them possibly getting mega evos, i thought, "huh, charizard and lucario have mega evos in their final smash, what about those rats." so, maybe there's SOME hope for the rats scurrying among the forbidden seven.

Plusle Mega X and Minun Mega Y?

I don't think we're gonna see anything from those games in SSB, you guys. I guess theoretically they could pull a Roy with it, but what would Plusle and Minun be but Pikachu/Pichu clones? And who else from Gen 3 would be worthy of adding? I suppose it's a possibility that Groudon and Kyogre might have some sort of relation to their new formes shown on the boxart, but frankly I rather doubt it.

I guess secretly Sora and Gamefreak could have been sharing secrets between each other to enhance Smash Bros' gameplay and whatnot, but frankly, given how recent Pokemon's period of development seemed to be, that seems unlikely to me.

Here's some speculation for you: maybe we will get Sceptile. We got Charizard representing early games/fire starter and Greninja representing new games/water starter. So we get Sceptile for the mid games/grass starter.

I doubt this will happen, but it's fun to throw out wild theories sometimes.

Whahey it's the polar bear haha.

Yeah, what Ninian said. Though lol Megaman's reaction.

"Whoa, what in the--?! A torpedo with eyes and arms?!"

"....on second thought, that's pretty standard fare for me."

;p

Is that screenshot legit?

Yes. Apparently it was posted before the "real" Pic of the Day before being taken down/"replaced."

Guess Sakurai wasn't ready for us to know about the characters that we already know are going to return anyway lol?

I don't think we're gonna see anything from those games in SSB, you guys. I guess theoretically they could pull a Roy with it, but what would Plusle and Minun be but Pikachu/Pichu clones? And who else from Gen 3 would be worthy of adding? I suppose it's a possibility that Groudon and Kyogre might have some sort of relation to their new formes shown on the boxart, but frankly I rather doubt it.

I guess secretly Sora and Gamefreak could have been sharing secrets between each other to enhance Smash Bros' gameplay and whatnot, but frankly, given how recent Pokemon's period of development seemed to be, that seems unlikely to me.

nobody said they had to be clones of pichu or pikachu, it's entirely possible for them to play differently. i don't think it'll happen, but i thought it was worth mentioning

Eeeeeuuuuhhh. I'm honestly not too thrilled to see this one.

Of all the items in Brawl, the Dragoon is one that I'm really not crazy about, even though I really like the machine itself and the game it's from. Too many bad memories of those pieces being littered all over the place, and it being way too easy for CPUs to snatch them up and use the damn thing. It's just no fun for balancing in multiplayer/item matches aside.

I hope they at least balance the blasted thing out by making the pieces show up much less frequently. How common it was in Brawl totally undermined the mysticism and cool factor it had in KAR because of how rare it was, IMO (aside from the aforementioned balancing issues).

Well... at least that targeting screen looks cool, hey. =3=

Strange, I didn't get a link to Miiverse this time after going to the SSB4 site. But the Dragoon is fun, so yay. ^^

You could have just turned down the rate at which the item appeared, you know...