SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Mega Zard X IS Charizard's FS! :D YESSS!! New secondary main incoming. :drool:

(Nothing said Mega Zard Y wasn't also going to be his FS and that whichever form he took would be random or depend on certain circumstances)

What about Ganondorf becoming his pig form?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Zard X IS Charizard's FS! :D YESSS!! New secondary main incoming. :drool: (Nothing said Mega Zard Y wasn't also going to be his FS and that whichever form he took would be random or depend on certain circumstances) What about Ganondorf becoming his pig form?

This sounds like its news to you when it was shown in our last trailer..

We didn't know if it was a Final Smash. All we saw was a couple seconds of Mega Zard X flying around. All we knew was that it was in the game somehow.

Mega Zard X IS Charizard's FS! :D YESSS!! New secondary main incoming. :drool:

(Nothing said Mega Zard Y wasn't also going to be his FS and that whichever form he took would be random or depend on certain circumstances)

What about Ganondorf becoming his pig form?

I woudn't count it, due to that being him changing only for that one attack and immediately reverting afterwards. In terms of effect, it can be believed to be the same ad Zelda's light arrow

I know what game they're from, but that does little to tell me who they are.

Was Rhythm Heaven anywhere near as successful as the Wii Fit games? (asking non-rhetorically)

Well, Rhythm Heaven on the DS has sold over a million units on its own, and IIRC the whole franchise has 3 million in sales. It's quite successful, and more than deserving of a character. Still, the Choir Boys are fairly minor characters (only having appeared in a few minigames in RH), so even among RH characters they're something of a surprise.

Oh, and they appeared in the DS RH, not fever. My mistake.

I don't know anything about Rhythm Heaven, but after seeing this video, I think they'd make for a pretty cool assist trophy, but nothing more.

(Though I wouldn't even be mad if they got a playable spot. They look cute as hell and I want to beat my enemies with the power of music.)

I still think that if Sakurai wants to add a character from a rhythm game with a music-style moveset, a better pick would be someone from Elite Beat Agents / Ouendan.

I hope at least there's a stage based on those games.

Well, Rhythm Heaven on the DS has sold over a million units on its own, and IIRC the whole franchise has 3 million in sales. It's quite successful, and more than deserving of a character. Still, the Choir Boys are fairly minor characters (only having appeared in a few minigames in RH), so even among RH characters they're something of a surprise.

Oh, and they appeared in the DS RH, not fever. My mistake.

They also appeared in the main cover of the boxart but I still don't think the choir boys should be playable. As a huge Rhythm Heaven fan since the GBA, DS and Wii versions the last thing I think about Rhythm heaven are the choir boys. The most reoccuring character in the Rhythm Heaven series is Karate Joe and the Samurai which have at least one minigame in each game iteration. These two at least represent the Rhythm Heaven series a lot more than the choir boys. Heck Karate Joe even appeared in the Rhythm Heaven Arcade game.

I still think that if Sakurai wants to add a character from a rhythm game with a music-style moveset, a better pick would be someone from Elite Beat Agents / Ouendan.

I hope at least there's a stage based on those games.

I would love to have an Ouendan Elite Beat Agents characters to be playable. This is one will seal the deal for me for guarantee getting Smash bros.

Edited by kingddd

Again, I might object to the 'deserving of a character' part. For a character to be playable he/she/it has to be some kind of main character or primary icon... Hell this is even true of WFT. I mentioned a page back or so that this seems comparable to Electroplankton in terms of deserving some kind of cameo in the game via stage or assist trophy, but the characters themselves hardly seem like, well... ...yeah. (I dunno what they seem like I'm tired. But they don't seem playable material)

As I said, an Electroplankton-style Rhythm Heaven stage would be neat.

Before confirmation: "This character doesn't deserve to be in!"

After confirmation: "This character totally makes sense!"

Smash speculation in a nutshell.

The only char I would have ever said that about previously is WFT. *shrug* ...and maybe, maaaaybe Greninja, admittedly.

But yeah I suppose we'll see haha.

Edited by BANRYU

Toon Link willl be in the demo, no reason not to be unless Sakurai makes some last minute changes like Deku Leaf or Skull Hammer. Skull Hammer Fsmash plz. Same with Kirby, no reason he wouldnt be there.

Am I the only person that finds it funny that Randoman's "I support these characters for SSB4" has Isaac and he's against him?

he just said it wasn't likely

not that he was against him

Rando, I think you're probably right about Toon Link (and I suspect that will be true of some of the other hidden characters as well), but I don't see why Kirby wouldn't be able to be played. All they have to do is have the Kirby copy-ability data for the characters that will be in the demo, and I'm willing to bet that they're already pretty solid on that... ...and well, if they're not (as we have no way of knowing), I don't think it's quite as complicated as you may think.... ..but maybe I'm wrong, I'm no programmer.

Back during the pre-Brawl era when there was a Brawl demo available during an October 2007 event, Kirby was the only one of the original 8 that wasn't playable in the demo, yet there was playable Meta Knight despite the Kirby series not even having its star character. A lot of people (including myself) speculated that Kirby's power stealing abilities weren't fully polished and finished yet, so I'm thinking that'll likely be the case again for the SSB4 Best Buy Demo. I can't think of any other feasible reasons as to why Kirby wasn't playable in the Brawl demos while the other original 8 were.

Heh why wouldn't you think that Final Smashes can be transformations? If anything, it looks like a lot more of them than ever are now with Giga Mac and all the Mega Pokemon... (I mean honestly what else would Mega Lucario/Charizard be?)

How is that weird in any way? Is the concept hard to grasp?

No in-battle transformations between permanently playable characters. Giga Mac is no standalone character. Neither is Mega Charizard or that Super Wario thing that's probably gonna return. ZSS, Sheik and the PT Pokemon are.

Sakurai wasn't specific on whether or not "no transformations" included Final Smash transformations being removed or not. Quite a few people on other sites (specifically GoNintendo) thought that Giga Bowser, Super Dragon Yoshi, and others would be removed despite Giga Mac being confirmed as a Final Smash (something about Samus and Zelda being veterans, so the other veterans would lose their Final Smash transformations, from what I remember others speculating). Though I guess seeing MegaZard X basically brings less credibility to Sakurai's "no transformations" meaning Final Smash transformations will be gone.

Also you should recall Super Sonic and Dragon Yoshi, not to mention Giga Bowser. Or the land masters

I'm not sure if this was meant to be towards me, but I didn't forget them. I just didn't list them in my previous post since they haven't been confirmed/deconfirmed to be in SSB4 as of now.

Toon Link willl be in the demo, no reason not to be unless Sakurai makes some last minute changes like Deku Leaf or Skull Hammer. Skull Hammer Fsmash plz. Same with Kirby, no reason he wouldnt be there.

As I said before in this post, Kirby wasn't playable in the Brawl demo likely due to his power stealing mechanic taking too long to implement and polish in time for the demo. Practically all of the "hard to program" characters (at least, hard to program compared to most characters) that were revealed for Brawl at the time of the demo weren't playable (like Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer), so I'm guessing that'll likely be the case for the SSB4 Best Buy demo. That sadly may mean that Rosalina won't be playable at the Best Buy Demo station since the Luma tag team mechanic takes a while to polish/program. And she was the newcomer I'm looking forward to most...

Keep in mind that not all characters that were revealed for Brawl during the time of the Brawl demo were playable. Even some characters that didn't have gimmicks that were hard to program/polish like Wario and Lucas (and maybe Zelda and Snake if you consider them gimmicky enough with their Sheik transformation and unique projectile/mine based special/smash attack moveset, respectively) weren't playable in the Brawl demo. I'd imagine that since the Brawl demo prioritized the original 8 (barring Kirby since his power stealing mechanic likely wasn't polished enough in time for the demo) and they likely want to keep the demo roster as versatile as possible, Toon Link probably won't be prioritized as much as a playable demo character due to that (even if the two Links play differently, Sakurai will probably cut down on playable demo characters that some perceive as clones to have the demo roster appear more versatile to the majority of people).

Am I the only one that remembers the Brawl demo roster much, out of curiousity? I'm just looking at the Brawl demo and drawing speculation for the SSB4 demo roster from that.

Am I the only person that finds it funny that Randoman's "I support these characters for SSB4" has Isaac and he's against him?

I have no idea what you're talking about. You must be mixing me up with another person, because I don't ever recall even talking about wanting/not wanting Isaac in SSB4, unless it was a post way back in this thread. Could you link me to the post?

My stance on him, though: I'm not hoping/wanting him at all, but if he's in, I'm not going to complain or get mad. I've never played any Golden Sun games, so I don't particularly feel attached to him. Yeah, I know I support Takamaru and Dillon despite never playing their games (well, supported for the latter until he was confirmed as an Assist), though that's mainly for them being cool looking characters. Isaac not being confirmed as an Assist trophy in the direct does give him a small chance of being playable, though.

Edited by Randoman

I support Golduck, Blaziken, Sain, Lyndis, Ephraim, Hector, Bowser Jr, Waluigi and lots of others and there's no way that any of them are getting in

So no, its perfectly normal

Back during the pre-Brawl era when there was a Brawl demo available during an October 2007 event, Kirby was the only one of the original 8 that wasn't playable in the demo, yet there was playable Meta Knight despite the Kirby series not even having its star character. A lot of people (including myself) speculated that Kirby's power stealing abilities weren't fully polished and finished yet, so I'm thinking that'll likely be the case again for the SSB4 Best Buy Demo. I can't think of any other feasible reasons as to why Kirby wasn't playable in the Brawl demos while the other original 8 were.

Oh, well. I guess there is a basis for that, then. o____o I guess I'm just fulla shiet

Sakurai wasn't specific on whether or not "no transformations" included Final Smash transformations being removed or not. Quite a few people on other sites (specifically GoNintendo) thought that Giga Bowser, Super Dragon Yoshi, and others would be removed despite Giga Mac being confirmed as a Final Smash (something about Samus and Zelda being veterans, so the other veterans would lose their Final Smash transformations, from what I remember others speculating). Though I guess seeing MegaZard X basically brings less credibility to Sakurai's "no transformations" meaning Final Smash transformations will be gone.

Those people are dumb. Don't listen to them, Rando. Don't let their dumbness corrupt you. =3=

That said I think it's possible that Yoshi at least might have a different FS... ...but not likely. Because like, what else could it even be? So far the only FS's we've seen change are ones that are better replaced, like Pit's and Lucario's.

Am I the only one that remembers the Brawl demo roster much, out of curiousity? I'm just looking at the Brawl demo and drawing speculation for the SSB4 demo roster from that.

TBH I never played the Brawl demo. o3o Making me, as I said, pretty full of shit on the topic... ehehe...

Gosh I hope Zard and Grenny are playable... ;v;

Edited by BANRYU

I never played the Brawl demo either. But I hope Ike is in the SSB4 one, of course. :3

If he's even in the game...

I personally don't think he will but, to each his or her own.

Only because of time constraints. Ike's chances are way higher than Roy's, trust me. Even with the possibility of more time constraints. I would explain why, but I've done so too many times and I'm tired of repeating this to all the people that keep claiming Ike will be cut because Roy was.