SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this like the 20th time the "Ike replaced Roy" thing was brought up? We really should just stop mentioning either until we get confirmation.

Isn't this like the 20th time the "Ike replaced Roy" thing was brought up? We really should just stop mentioning either until we get confirmation.

Agreed. I never meant for it to be brought up again though, I apologize for that.

Agreed. I never meant for it to be brought up again though, I apologize for that.

It was no one's fault, really. Someone who (to my knowledge) hasn't followed this topic brought up that Ike might not be in the game. It's a valid concern that's bound to come up again, but for now that it's settled, we might as well let it rest.

You're right, but I figured that since I was the one that asked him why he thought Ike wouldn't be in, I should take the blame. But yeah, let's just put this to rest.

I'm going to be mad if the Best Buy here doesn't do the SSB event. :(

The reason I'm a bit worried is because I don't live in a major city and the closest one to me is two hours away. And there isn't even a highway that goes from here to there. I can't imagine that there would be many people showing up at this Best Buy just for Smash. But who knows... I can still hope.

wait what

They did use the data Roy had in brawl along with their clone engine. Its not that difficult of a concept to grasp

rit.png

Oh, well. I guess there is a basis for that, then. o____o I guess I'm just fulla shiet

TBH I never played the Brawl demo. o3o Making me, as I said, pretty full of shit on the topic... ehehe...

Don't talk down about yourself like that. I mean, the Brawl Demo rosters aren't exactly common knowledge, especially considering that practically everyone forgot about them by now and they're not even on the Smash Wiki to my knowledge.

Those people are dumb. Don't listen to them, Rando. Don't let their dumbness corrupt you. =3=

That said I think it's possible that Yoshi at least might have a different FS... ...but not likely. Because like, what else could it even be? So far the only FS's we've seen change are ones that are better replaced, like Pit's and Lucario's.

Point taken. I suppose Giga Mac should've raised a red flag regarding that theory of "no transformations" meaning Final Smash transformations would be removed.

On that note, I have to wonder how many character's Final Smashes have changed. I mean, there's Luigi, Kirby, and Pit's new Final Smashes and only Samus has been shown to keep her old Final Smash (barring the ZSS transformation). I have a feeling I'm missing something regarding veteran characters having their Final Smashes changed/retained in SSB4.

I never played the Brawl demo either.

I actually haven't either. I'm just referencing the Brawl Demo data and using that to speculate what the SSB4 Best Buy Demo will be like.

The only issue is if my work schedule will allow it....

The E3 Best Buy Demo events last year had two sessions: one on a Wednesday and one on a Saturday with both going from 4-8 PM. I didn't attend the Saturday one, but I'd imagine it'd be insanely busy since not as many people would have work. When I went to the Wednesday session last year, sign ups were completely booked by 5:15ish, so I'm guessing it'll be even worse regarding the amount of people that'll be there this year, especially since this is Smash Bros. we're talking about.

They did use the data Roy had in brawl

Interesting... Do you happen to know what parts of Roy were used from the on-disc data and what parts were made by the hackers? I'm wanting to know what Sakurai himself was planning for Roy in Brawl regarding moves and such.

Edited by Randoman

If you looked at the Smash Bros Miiverse, they've had Mega Charizard X listed as his final smash for quite a while. Same thing with Greninja and Lucario. All posted after their last Direct video. And they have some others posted too. They actually show quite a bit of some move sets.

On another note, trophy looks nice today. I like the little details, like the dirt all over trophy base.

Edited by Kyea

Don't talk down about yourself like that. I mean, the Brawl Demo rosters aren't exactly common knowledge, especially considering that practically everyone forgot about them by now and they're not even on the Smash Wiki to my knowledge.

Point taken. I suppose Giga Mac should've raised a red flag regarding that theory of "no transformations" meaning Final Smash transformations would be removed.

On that note, I have to wonder how many character's Final Smashes have changed. I mean, there's Luigi, Kirby, and Pit's new Final Smashes and only Samus has been shown to keep her old Final Smash (barring the ZSS transformation). I have a feeling I'm missing something regarding veteran characters having their Final Smashes changed/retained in SSB4.

Lol thanks man I appreciate it, but I don't consider it talking down so much as being honest with myself. If I 1) haven't played the demo, 2) haven't bothered to do any research on it, and 3) am talking about it as though I DO know stuff about it, I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm spouting nonsense (if you don't prefer the ruder phrase I used earlier).

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Mario's fireball-corkscrew Final Smash thingy from Brawl was shown at some point as well. And in the case of Luigi, Kirby, and Pit, I think most will agree that these are significant improvements, and that we should continue to expect such improvements for other characters too (like the Pokemon who have Mega forms). Hopefully this will apply to Falco and Wolf as well (assuming Wolf returns). =3=

Yeh, the Pikmin trophy is nice.

If you looked at the Smash Bros Miiverse, they've had Mega Charizard X listed as his final smash for quite a while. Same thing with Greninja and Lucario. All posted after their last Direct video. And they have some others posted too. They actually show quite a bit of some move sets.

On another note, trophy looks nice today. I like the little details, like the dirt all over trophy base.

Smash Bros Miiverse is a fansite.

Fansites can still be useful for compiling information as long as you realize that they're not official and take them with a grain of salt.

They did use the data Roy had in brawl along with their clone engine. Its not that difficult of a concept to grasp

Upon further examination, this seems to be somewhat true. The PM blog post on the clone engine mentions that the characters are loaded using 7 "unused" slots in Brawl's data, but that seems to be the extent of what was used.

Huh. Target will tell us, but Nintendo won't? lol

Honestly it's not too surprising, given that it's being shown at E3 and even then, they'll probably need some more time to get it ready. I expected late summer TBH. At least we can probably expect early winter, because why wouldn't they want all those pre-Xmas sales?

Upon further examination, this seems to be somewhat true. The PM blog post on the clone engine mentions that the characters are loaded using 7 "unused" slots in Brawl's data, but that seems to be the extent of what was used.

Also if I recall the PM team wants to add Knuckles and Lyn at some point which is quite a bit more ambitious then even Mewtwo

Smash Bros Miiverse is a fansite.

I was just wanted to point out it's been pretty reliable, but yes, it does not officially confirm anything. Although, even Sakurai says things he post may change before the final version, so...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Mario's fireball-corkscrew Final Smash thingy from Brawl was shown at some point as well. And in the case of Luigi, Kirby, and Pit, I think most will agree that these are significant improvements, and that we should continue to expect such improvements for other characters too (like the Pokemon who have Mega forms). Hopefully this will apply to Falco and Wolf as well (assuming Wolf returns). =3=

I vaguely remember seeing the Mario Finale in the April 8 Smash Direct as well, though I can't remember if it showed Brawl footage of it or SSB4 footage.

According to Target's website, (http://www.target.com/p/super-smash-bros-nintendo-3ds/-/A-15044637#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=smash+bros) Super Smash Bros for 3DS will release on August 29th. Which sucks, because school will start back up in a week for me.

Ah yes, GoNintendo posted news on Target's Aug 29 release date for SSB4 3DS around a week ago. Regarding dates though, I always wait for news from the official source.