SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the pros who played at the E3 more say Greninja is a bad/Weird character rather than a powerful one... He is fast, but he doesnt deal that much damage according to what they said. Anyways usually fast characters get good spots in the tier at fighting games and I thin he will be no different, but he isnt op 100% if we just see what we have now.

If you ask me who the next MK is going to be? Palutena, by far. At least thats what I think today, before I thought Pit was gonna be the new MK but now Palutena seems more likely.

Anyways if Ike gets the same remake Fox got in his side B (He can use Side B in air without being helpless, therefore side B + Up B = God recovery) he will get by his main problem who was the bad recovery, as the juggling "doesnt exist" now due more gravity than in Brawl. It could be very good news for him as well there is no real edgeguard today... Im really waiting for it xDDD.

Anyways, all that I said and I think and bla bla is mere guessings and data from an unfinished game, so everything I have said could be false in the end, dont take it 100% seriously

But we haven't seen Palutena in action, unlike the chars in the demo I mean :(:

Also, I don't understand Mac's Side B, if uses it in the air, is he helpless like Fox/Falco/Wolf/Ike among others in Brawl?

Yeah, even though I don't care THAT much about tiers, I do hope Ike gets a few buffs so he isn't almost low anymore. I'd actually like to use him more seriously in tournaments this time. :P

I stuck with Luigi more often because he was almost high tier. Though that isn't the case anymore according to the last tier list I looked at for Brawl. It actually had Ike HIGHER than Luigi.

The link to the DLC poll is messed up

Edit: it's good now

Edited by Comet

Fox voice gets worse in every game xDDD. In Melee it was PERFECT, but really, it was so ***** epic in that game. Why didnt they just bring that guy back? In Brawl his voice was "ok" but in the new smash is HORRIBLE Dx

Because his voice actor in Melee was Japanese.

Shinobu Satouchi.

"Toriya!" and a lot of his yells are Japanese, despite having such a "british" feel (IMHO) on his "Come on!"

Edited by shadowofchaos

Thanks for taking the poll. I won't be adding every character everyone asks for as you could imagine that would make the poll more messy than it already is. Vote for Ivysaur, or perhaps Sceptile? If Melia is an important character to whatever iteration of (Im assuming FE) she stars in, then let me know and Ill add her. Otherwise, she would have to be an OVERALL fan favorite, or at least have recency on her side a la Tharja to be incorporated.

Edited by TharjaAssault

Just keep in mind that while Tharja is a fan favorite... it's a niche fetish from a niche game fanbase.

DLC or not, she's a longshot.

She's on the ideal roster poll for being a fan favorite, not LIKELY, or important. Secondly, she's not on the DLC poll because she wont ever be in Smash bros.

And finally, even if she wasn't a fan favorite, I make the polls, and I like her,(That's the beauty of being the poll creator) so I would add her anyways. I try to add most choices, but I can't add everyone's.

Edited by TharjaAssault

Thanks for taking the poll. I won't be adding every character everyone asks for as you could imagine that would make the poll more messy than it already is. Vote for Ivysaur, or perhaps Sceptile? If Melia is an important character to whatever iteration of (Im assuming FE) she stars in, then let me know and Ill add her. Otherwise, she would have to be an OVERALL fan favorite, or at least have recency on her side a la Tharja to be incorporated.

Pretty sure Melia is from Xenoblade, and I haven't even gotten to even see her at all yet.

Oi question to those who went to the Best Buy event...

Is Marth still voiced by Midorikawa? As in did they keep their JP voice for the English copy?

I mean I'm just curious since the Wii U's region locked and I'm not going to have enough income to get TWO Wii Us.

His voice wasn't put in yet. I think. Didn't hear any speaking of him although I should have used his Taunt to know.

Yeah, I'm glad Ike is at least English. I love hearing "GREAT...AETHERRR!!" and "You'll get no sympathy from me." :D

You'll get no sympathy from me always makes me lol. XD

I hope at least this time they sync Ike's mouth movements properly with his voice in the winning screen. In Brawl, it was pretty obvious that while he was speaking English, his lip movement was following his Japanese lines.

That would be for Sakurai's presentations as well. As he is actually speaking Japanese. Only that they translated as to what he says.

I've always found it funny that Ness speaks with a Japanese accent and Lucas with an English one, when Earthbound was localized and Mother 3 remained Japan-only.

Mother 3 Best GBA game ever.

Mother Series...awesome series!

I tried out Greninja in the demo, he was pretty great. He'll be my main next game.

Greninja is also more powerful than Sheik. His smashes did a lot of damage.

Because of SSB4...
ZM invented a good set for him that fits into SSB standards. ...And here it is...
Ability: Protean
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Held item: Expert Belt
-U-Turn
-Night Slash (Final Smash)
-Water Shruiken (One of his SSB attacks)
-Power Up Punch

As a Roy fan I do hope he has some kind of return but if he doesn't I still have Melee and Project M to play as him in

Mii.
Create him.
Edited by Bimbo

Yeah, even though I don't care THAT much about tiers, I do hope Ike gets a few buffs so he isn't almost low anymore. I'd actually like to use him more seriously in tournaments this time. :P

I stuck with Luigi more often because he was almost high tier. Though that isn't the case anymore according to the last tier list I looked at for Brawl. It actually had Ike HIGHER than Luigi.

I'm pretty optimistic that they'll balance the characters rather decently this time. There'll be a shitload of pros complaining anyway, but knowing that Sakurai puts a focus on balancing is already a good sign.

And who cares about tiers anyway? Any character can be awesome. There are even people who fear my Zelda.

...Although I wouldn't mind a little buff for her. A little more speed would be nice. :D

Where did they drag KDJ from? I love the man, but I had even less idea that he could still be bothered about smash than I did Ken.

Could they not grab m2k for 60 seconds or something