SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameatsu leak + Brawl Cast - Ivys / Squirt / Lucas / Snake = 47 characters + Random = 48 Slots

Sounds about right to me. Now the real question is, how much dlc? 4 would add enough to keep the rows even, so I figure we will at least get four. Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Snake, and King K Rool seem like the most likely candidates, with the likes of Isaac,Takamaru, Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Sceptile, Roy/Robin/FE#2, Tingle, Junior and Toad being less likely.

current DLC Poll results:

· Mewtwo (Pokemon) 86

· Ridley (Metroid) 63

· King K Rool (Donkey Kong Country) 58

· Isaac (Golden Sun) 54

· Krystal (Star Fox) 42

· Sceptile (Pokemon) 40

· Snake (Metal Gear) 39

· Robin (Fire Emblem) 36

· Bowser Junior (Super Mario) 32

· Wonder Red (Wonderful ) 31

· Skull Kid / Majora (Majora's Mask) 30

· Lucas (Mother) 30

· Roy (Fire Emblem) 28

· Lucina (Awakening) 27

· Ghirahim (Skyward Sword) 25

· Bayonetta 25

· Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country) 23

· Geno (Super Mario RPG) 22

· Bomberman 20

Anyone who's results are not shown here I can give you. Just didn't want to stretch the page ~

Edited by TharjaAssault

Sakurai never ruled out DLC entirely, but he said it wasn't being worked on right now. Which makes sense, because do we really want to hear that he has DLC planned months before the game is even out yet?

Sakurai never ruled out DLC entirely, but he said it wasn't being worked on right now. Which makes sense, because do we really want to hear that he has DLC planned months before the game is even out yet?

Well Capcom is helping them make the game. And we know Capcom's pattern with DLC. We can have a repeat of this:

Capcom isn't working on the game... they just gave permission to use Mega Man. You're thinking of Namco? And even then, Namco and Capcom have both done contract work for Nintendo in the past with no evidence of their usual company practices of mediocre, frequent DLC packs.

Well Capcom is helping them make the game.

It's Bandai Namco Games that is helping to make the game, not Capcom... :facepalm:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Well, if you don't believe them you're in for a rude awakening when the game comes out.

Nintendo isn't the type of company to do "Day one DLC". Sakurai makes sure that everyone gets the full game available to them on disc.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

Well, if you don't believe them you're in for a rude awakening when the game comes out.

You know, I wanted to give up on all the leak speculation discussion because it kind of gets nowhere, but it seriously pisses me off when someone like you talks about it as if it's already confirmed fact. Main series Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, etc.) have not had paid DLC and I have no reason to believe they'll do so here.

You know, I wanted to give up on all the leak speculation discussion because it kind of gets nowhere, but it seriously pisses me off when someone like you talks about it as if it's already confirmed fact. Main series Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, etc.) have not had paid DLC and I have no reason to believe they'll do so here.

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!!!! Besides, what if it was free?

six out of six of his first leak have been playable. Palutena is playable from his second leak, along with Greninja and there are rhtyhm heaven enemies in Smash run, which point to Chorus Kids being playable. This guy isn't guessing, he knows. His third leak pretty much said DLC is happening, and Lucas is probably cut. You can choose to believe it or not, but it doesn't make it any less true

Edited by TharjaAssault

ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!!!! Besides, what if it was free?

If it's free (like the Mario Kart 8 DLC and Awakening Spotpass stuff), by all means, they can put in all the DLC they want to.

^Your arrogance is astounding.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Mario has definitely had paid DLC packs, actually. New Super Mario Bros U had a $20 DLC pack that was more like an expansion, allowing you to play as Luigi through more difficult versions of the game's stages tailored for Luigi's abilities, plus the addition of Nabbit as a playable.

And obviously, Fire Emblem Awakening had a large amount of DLC, and Pikmin 3 had a pretty substantial DLC offering, plus Mario Golf and Mario Kart 8 are coming out with some DLC as well. Nintendo is not shy about DLC and they've already announced Amiibo, so I don't doubt Smash Bros will have DLC. I just wouldn't count on them talking about any of it until the game is out, and it more than likely will not be on-disc DLC like Capcom does.

The way he talks about the DLC in the leak makes it sound like it wasn't planned at first, but it's now being discussed seriously. I can only speculate because of time contraints he couldn't add everything he wanted, so he's making some DLC packs.

Mario has definitely had paid DLC packs, actually. New Super Mario Bros U had a $20 DLC pack that was more like an expansion, allowing you to play as Luigi through more difficult versions of the game's stages tailored for Luigi's abilities, plus the addition of Nabbit as a playable.

Well shit.

And obviously, Fire Emblem Awakening had a large amount of DLC, and Pikmin 3 had a pretty substantial DLC offering, plus Mario Golf and Mario Kart 8 are coming out with some DLC as well. Nintendo is not shy about DLC and they've already announced Amiibo, so I don't doubt Smash Bros will have DLC. I just wouldn't count on them talking about any of it until the game is out, and it more than likely will not be on-disc DLC like Capcom does.

I wasn't counting Awakening because I don't consider Fire Emblem a main series Nintendo game like Mario and Zelda. The only DLC news I can find for Mario Kart 8 is free. As of the news we have right now, Amiibos seem like their own thing and not really like DLC.

I could say the same about your ignorance.

The DLC is post-launch

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy
Edited by TharjaAssault