SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE WIND WAKER PAJAMA TOON LINK༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE LUCINA MARTH༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Yes yes yes totally.

you mean the toon link without the hero outfit amirite?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes yes totally.

you mean the toon link without the hero outfit amirite?

Yeah, this one:

Link_Outset_Clothes_zps7ae16e35.png

I use Outset Toon Link in Project M :P.

HW Zelda is as fanservice-ish as RD Ike. I mean, look at all that MUSCLE.

EDIT: Speaking of Pajamas... Ness with his Jammies as an alternate?

Edited by Jave

Yeah, "slut" was probably unnecessary language, my bad. I wasn't sure what other word to use though. >_<

EDIT: RD Ike is only really showing off one muscle and that's his right bicep. xP He's not shirtless or anything. And his outfit is at least practical. HW Zelda's outfit isn't, as stated above.

I do like HW Link though, even if he is a bit feminine looking.

EDIT: Oh yeah, TWW Link's Outset clothes. Yeah, no thanks. It's meh, imo. And that shirt has an image of a lobster on it. Just...yeah. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, that's irrelevant. I find Ike's outfit shows far too much and it bothers me. Too fanservice-ish, as stated above.

I don't see what's impractical about HW Zelda's outfit. The HW trailers show her fighting with that outfit no problem. Heck, it's probably the most practical out of all the Zelda outfits considering it's the only one she uses for actual fighting in a Zelda game.

On the subject of timing, I think Sakurai may be planning stuff alongside developers to have timed representation of some titles that have yet to release. The Sonic Lost World stage was revealed before the game was even out.

And what alternate can you really give someone like Zero Suit Samus or Olimar?

Zero suit samus has a few options...

083010_metroidotherm_obs02--article_imag

These are shown in zero mission after completing the game with certain requirements met.

That, or they perhaps the military outfit she wore when she was with the federation. Both seem plausible, but not necessarily likely...

I don't see what's impractical about HW Zelda's outfit. The HW trailers show her fighting with that outfit no problem. Heck, it's probably the most practical out of all the Zelda outfits considering it's the only one she uses for actual fighting in a Zelda game.

Oh, apologies for making such a claim then.

I haven't actually seen any of the footage of Zelda fighting yet, so I shouldn't have said anything.

I wonder how many alternate costumes will be different models (Villager, WFT) as opposed to recolours like Link's.

Of course, if the recolours are as nice as Link's one, I won't mind if most of the characters have the same model.

Lol really saying Ike hero (RD starter class) costume is fanservice ? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Amazing, so now looking like a real hero is fanservice? Well at least he isnt shirtless and saying heroic stuff to make the ladies s****

Ike in RD, both his hero and vanguard class, are meant to be Greil like, to show you that Ike, after 4 years has become the look of his father, but in his own way. He is supposed to be that and I dont find anything fanservice on it, unlike FE13 were the fanservice becomes REAL specially in ladies but also in men.

But the thing that a woman is wearing few clothes than left most of her body uncovered is fanservice, sure its a game and you need to make people attracted/liking it, thats why there are levels and levels of fanservice, some may be understandable or "its ok" and others are just insane. Zelda´s one may be just a bit of it, considering they are making her now a huge heroine in a classic RPG style showing off body, but thaaats not too much, its just it contrasts with the classic/original Zelda idea, where she is a calm but resolved lady who fights for her people (Looking for a Fire Emblem equivalent I would say Elincia) and in the last years stopped being the lady who needs to be rescued by the hero to become a full game assistant and/or final battle helping the hero.

Anyways HW isnt a canon game or anything, the game itself its just for gameplay and so the designs have to be more appealing to the player, but Sakurai will stick with the original idea and not a "crossover" instead. So we will probably see, if there are some, alt Zelda costumes from Ocarina of Time, Skyward or something related to the main series.

And really xDD Ike in RD has 0 fanservice. Oh, he became muscled? WELL YEAH, he has been training for 4 years to become like his father and hasnt stop being fighting you know? He has stopped being "the child" who was forced to become an adult and taking responsabilities and became the man who saved an entire world and become and hero to all Tellius, with his unique personality, resolve and fighting abilities.

Being muscled doesnt make you necesarily fanservice, is Goku fanservice too? At least this guy takes his clothes blowed up when fighting, but Ike doesnt get shirtless or its shown that way ever xDDD

Edited by Volug Vanguard

I don't find HW Zelda being suggestive or a "slut". As Jave said, it's practical.

I don't even see an issue with DLC Micaiah nor Tharja, what're you talking about. They've just emphazised their physical attributes

LOL at everyone taking my "Ike is too much fanservice" post seriously. Joke's on those people.

My point was that Zelda's HW outfit isn't any more fanservice-ish than any other outfit that's already in the game. It's not like she's wearing a string bikini or something like that. It's an outfit that actually suits her character because it's elegant and at the same time it's practical enough for her to fight in. Seriously, look at the trailer, it's very fitting for her magic-styled fighting.

But it kinda bothers me when people are incredibly quick to jump on the fanservice bandwagon (even going as far as using words like "slut") the minute a character shows a bit of skin. I could understand it if it was someone like Felicia or Mai Shiranui where the fanservice is incredibly blunt, but Zelda has always been portrayed as an elegant, modest princess and the HW dress doesn't contradict that. It shows a bit of cleavage, but again, it's nothing worse than stuff already in the game.

Fanservice is also incredibly relative. A guy doesn't have to be shirtless for it to be fanservice. Likewise, just because a woman isn't showing anything doesn't mean it's not fanservice either. As long as it fits with mood and ambience of the game, I'm fine with it, and HW Zelda fits the game just fine.

As for practicality, regular Zelda already wears a dress impractical for fighting, so I don't see the issue there.

On the topic of Zelda vs. Ike with "practicality", Zelda may show the upper part of her chest but Ike shows off both of his arms.

I was thinking about the possibility for DLC the other day and then I realized that maybe they want to put Dark Pit in as DLC. Maybe have his reveal trailer be a continuation of Palutena's, and be Dark Pit vs. Palutena, and maybe have him fight Pit at the end.

Zero suit samus has a few options...

083010_metroidotherm_obs02--article_imag

These are shown in zero mission after completing the game with certain requirements met.

That, or they perhaps the military outfit she wore when she was with the federation. Both seem plausible, but not necessarily likely...

I'd love if they used her cadet uniform. Another option could be the swim suit she used in the original that you could actually play as.

I made a video a few years ago with suggestions for alternate costumes for the entire cast. It's a bit dated now but I predict we will be seeing a few of them nonetheless.

Here's the link but I would like to know how to embed a video if someone's willing to tell me. I can't see any options here for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYsZCHydrk

Edited by Jotari

To be fair, Jave, there wasn't really anything in your post indicating that you could be joking. I was fooled too before I read the other posts. xP

But this argument is silly. We have our opinions, that's that.

I can see an Inkling being an assist trophy, but not playable. Btw, do they even have genders? I could never tell.

This joke has been made a thousands times but: Palutenta was right, this game is called Super Bash sisters!

Which comprises of more male characters than there are female.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Inklings are male and female (Females have long hair-tentacle bangs like in the picture above, while males have them tied in a knot). The female Inkling seems to be the "face" of Splatoon though.

Are blue shells insta kill in this game?

I don't think so. i believe Mario is shown dodging one in one of the trailers.

Are blue shells insta kill in this game?

no. You can dodge it perfectly fine and even if you get hit by it with low percentage it won't knock you off. The Hook Beetle on the other hand is instant kill.

Hey guys, I just thought of a cool idea! The stickers that Brawl had should be replaced with stamps! Like the stamps we got in Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. I mean, seeing as there's not going to be an SSE or SSE-equivalent this time, there's no point in the stickers existing. Though the drawback would be that stamps aren't in color.

Hey guys, I just thought of a cool idea! The stickers that Brawl had should be replaced with stamps! Like the stamps we got in Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. I mean, seeing as there's not going to be an SSE or SSE-equivalent this time, there's no point in the stickers existing. Though the drawback would be that stamps aren't in color.

I thought stamps were Nintendo's equivalent to Sony and Microsoft's Trophies/Achievements? But I see what you're getting at. And I like the idea.