SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Hey guys, I just thought of a cool idea! The stickers that Brawl had should be replaced with stamps! Like the stamps we got in Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. I mean, seeing as there's not going to be an SSE or SSE-equivalent this time, there's no point in the stickers existing. Though the drawback would be that stamps aren't in color.

I think a VS Sticker Mode would be cool. Put a huge emphasis on customization where you fight other players who customized certain builds. Up you're defense as much as you can or maximise you're speed on a slow character. Or sacrifice stats to start the match with an item etc. Kind of like the buffs in Smash run only planned instead of randomly earned.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash Bros. already has its own trophies and all though. But I wouldn't know about a comparison to Microsoft's trophies and achievements, admittedly, since I've never touched an Xbox. xP

Smash Bros. already has its own trophies and all though. But I wouldn't know about a comparison to Microsoft's trophies and achievements, admittedly, since I've never touched an Xbox. xP

Smash doesnt need those shit Xbox trophies or the system. Look at Melee, the "system" it had, the announcements when you completed Classic mode in Hard mode for example, unlocked X characters, get X score, get X hours of playing... THAT! Is what we need, it proves everything you need to "be remembered". It gets the exact moment, day, hour, month, year when you achieved that, what did you achieved and its never erased, thus considering you want to prove it to someone or just for yourself.

Plus considering the game wont even have a ladder online system because they dont want to make people feel bad about how much they suck, they will just tell how many people you are "ahead" (So it will always be a huge number, but still its a stupid idea if you ask me xDD, not like you should take online seriously anyways, great things go offline, specially considering "Nintendo´s" way for smash tournaments xD"

Smash doesnt need those shit Xbox trophies or the system. Look at Melee, the "system" it had, the announcements when you completed Classic mode in Hard mode for example, unlocked X characters, get X score, get X hours of playing... THAT! Is what we need, it proves everything you need to "be remembered". It gets the exact moment, day, hour, month, year when you achieved that, what did you achieved and its never erased, thus considering you want to prove it to someone or just for yourself.

Plus considering the game wont even have a ladder online system because they dont want to make people feel bad about how much they suck

using words like "shit" and "suck" is a good way to piss people off.

I honestly couldn't care less about the trophies or sticker system because I've never bothered to look at them in the whole ~70~ hours I played brawl.

Plus considering the game wont even have a ladder online system because they dont want to make people feel bad about how much they suck, they will just tell how many people you are "ahead" (So it will always be a huge number, but still its a stupid idea if you ask me xDD, not like you should take online seriously anyways, great things go offline, specially considering "Nintendo´s" way for smash tournaments xD"

I don't believe they implemented the system just to make people feel better about themselves. Discouraging cheating has a lot to do with it as well.

daily-en.jpg?date=1403765883250

Pic of the day. Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. You can't see him, but Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag.

Quite a ridiculous yet amusing idea for a stage hazard. I wonder how it'll work in terms of mechanics and how dangerous it'll be...

Pic of the day. Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. You can't see him, but Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag.

Quite a ridiculous yet amusing idea for a stage hazard. I wonder how it'll work in terms of mechanics and how dangerous it'll be...

I don't recall him ever appearing in the NSMB Wii U stage during the demo.

Edited by kingddd

I don't recall him ever appearing in the NSMB Wii U stage during the demo.

Well, the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U demo didn't have all confirmed elements in it, since it was a demo after all. I even personally checked the demo if they had Little Mac's wireframe costume first thing (to determine if Little Mac's wireframe costume was a separate costume category with its own 4-6 palette swaps or if it was just one costume that uses up a palette swap slot) and they didn't have it in the demo despite it being confirmed in the game. All the playable demo characters also only had 4 palette swaps available, and I doubt the final version would only have 4 palette swaps for every character since that'd be quite the step back from the previous Smash Bros. games.

I'm curious to see how the Nabbit gimmick will work. Will he just appear on screen randomly and nab someone? Or will he be a boss type creature on a stage like the Yellow Devil?

I'm curious to see how the Nabbit gimmick will work. Will he just appear on screen randomly and nab someone? Or will he be a boss type creature on a stage like the Yellow Devil?

I doubt he'll be a boss character. I hope there is a way to turn off boss types though because playing in the Megaman stage, I didn't mind the platform stage gimmicks but the Yellow Devil got really annoying fast when I played the demo.

I doubt you'll be able to turn off hazards. Playing on the stages in Final Destination form is the next best thing.

So far I've seen alot of players complain about the Wii U Pro controller. I understand that if you played Melee and Brawl with the gamecube controller and switch to the Pro it would feel awkward. But is it really that hard to adept to?

So far I've seen alot of players complain about the Wii U Pro controller. I understand that if you played Melee and Brawl with the gamecube controller and switch to the Pro it would feel awkward. But is it really that hard to adept to?

Yes, it is a big change. The right analog stick and buttons have swapped places, and the button arrangement means that people who jump with the x button means you reach over and find... nothing. But then again if you are used to using Y or tap jumps, it'll probably be easier to adjust to the button layout. i hit the wrong buttons a lot during my time with the demo and it took like three games to even begin to acclimate. That said, the 3DS is set up the same as the Pro controller for the most part so if you master one, you'll be better at both.

daily-en.jpg?date=1403765883250

Maybe he'll act similar to Munchlax?

I doubt he'll be a boss character. I hope there is a way to turn off boss types though because playing in the Megaman stage, I didn't mind the platform stage gimmicks but the Yellow Devil got really annoying fast when I played the demo.

Well people simply ignored Yellow Devil and thats basically what "all" pro players said when they commented about the game. They just ignore him, it deals almost no % damage or knockback and even if destroyed he simply comes back in a minute or so, they just ignore him.

And yeah stage hazzard "off" mode I think its not possible, you will simply have to play the Final Destination version and thats it, taking off the hazzard is a way to make the stage lose its own magic, plus (We will have to see) a reason to consider one character as a counterpick is due the existence of acceptable hazzard or different terrain. For example in Brawl Hal Abarda was a counterpick because the random cannon, laser and claw were totally "useless"

Just try playing Brawl with a Wii Classic Controller Pro if you want a comparable experience. Classic Pro and Wii U Pro each have one stick/button set switched relative to the GCN controller, and both have the same ABXY layout. Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but for tourney players who have sunk 1000's of hours into Melee/Brawl with GCN controllers I could see it being a bigger annoyance. It takes some getting used to, for sure, but it wasn't too difficult for me to change to Classic Pro when I started playing Brawl on Wii U. Maybe a week before it started feeling natural. So yes and no.

On that note, though, has anyone played SSBB with a Wii Classic Pro and had issues with charging attacks? Both my own Classic Pro and my roommate's Pro stop recognizing that you're holding a button down randomly, so charged attacks release for no reason. I'm curious if our controllers are just faulty or if it's a widespread problem.

You guys need to quit using that Gamecube controller... that was two gens ago, get with the times. In Brawl I used Wiimote + Nunchuck and in SSB4 I plan to use the Wii U Pro controller.