SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see the Hyrule Temple on the 3DS version. Palutena's Temple on the Wii U has the whole "overly large temple" area down already, and, correct me if I'm wrong, we don't have that on the 3DS. Besides, it's a Melee stage with only two songs already, so music and mapping won't be an issue...right?

All the retro stages are always taken from the last game, which in this game will be Brawl. So Hyrule Temple is probably not going to be coming back, sorry.

We can't be quick to assume a pattern from just two games, while there's a possibility that theory is true there's just as much that it's not, look what happened with Ike.

All the retro stages are always taken from the last game, which in this game will be Brawl. So Hyrule Temple is probably not going to be coming back, sorry.

Jungle Japes is already confirmed for the 3DS version. It was a stage that originally premiered in Melee (it did return as a past stage in Brawl, too. But so did Hyrule Temple).

So, basically your point has already been disproven (or at least has nothing to do with Hyrule Temple's chances).

On the topic of past stages, I'd love to see Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 (though I acknowledge that it's very unlikely, since it didn't make it into either Melee or Brawl).

Edited by ClevelandSteve

tumblr_n9fi7m6Pzu1qadqfco1_1280.png

tumblr_n9fi7m6Pzu1qadqfco2_1280.jpg

I still don't understand what the rage is all about.

Is it because people can't stomach not being right about their predictions?

Man, SSB fans take entitlement to a whole new level. I've been disappointed by roster choices and characters I wanted have been left out, but I would never attack Sakurai for it. There's obviously going to be limited space on the roster and I don't think Takamaru of all people being an assist merits such outrage.

I like how people are raging at him for the "FYI" too, when it's clearly not meant to be insulting and Sakurai doesn't even write the English posts. His Japanese post just says "He's an assist trophy", clear cut and simple. -.-

Assist Trophies were a great idea in Brawl.

Give more representation to different games.

...and people give him crap for the game they're getting soon?

They should be GLAD that he wasn't just a trophy like in Melee.

Huh, Takamaru was a trophy in Melee? I had no idea...

I mean, "only for display" instead of actually in fights.

I don't mean specifically Takamaru.

If you mean illustrating my point, he was *JUST* a sticker in Brawl.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Source?

He was joking I think.

I don't think Sakurai meant the comment as a spit at players, I think he meant it as genuine excitement over Takamaru being in the game in some form along the likes of Link and Pit. I think it's funny how it can easily be interpreted as otherwise.

I was joking. They were talking about past stages returning and I was joking saying Shadow Moses was coming back as one

Still if he did add Shadow Moses and not Snake, then Sakurai would be the greatest troll.

Wtf, people really said those things about Sakurai over JUST Takamaru being an assist rather than playable?

That's just messed up and really low. You don't see me acting like that just because Sakurai made Keldeo a Pokeball mon instead of playable.

And personally, I think Sakurai is awesome. And not just because he did almost everything I wanted for Ike either.

People are just jerks. No matter what, people are gonna find a reason to complain about something. I bet that half of the people whining and moaning about Takamaru haven't even played his game since, you know, its Japan exclusive.

But anyways, I agree, Sakurai's done a great job with the game so far and I really can't wait for it to come out, no matter who he does and does not add to the final roster.

SO

How bout that Boss Galaga item?

I'd never heard of it, so it didn't interest me. :P

I'm surprised anyone thought Waluigi could be playable. He has next to no significance anywhere. Heck, I don't even think he should've been an assist.

I'd never heard of it, so it didn't interest me. :P

I'm surprised anyone thought Waluigi could be playable. He has next to no significance anywhere. Heck, I don't even think he should've been an assist.

But Waluigi is number one.

Takamaru was one of my lower / less-expected predictions, and personally, I'm thrilled just to see him in a form where he gets to be so well-rendered. I really don't get what all the whining is about.

I have a lot of respect for how thick-skinned Sakurai has to be to put up with all this ungrateful bullshit.

Edited by BANRYU

Takamaru was one of my lower / less-expected predictions, and personally, I'm thrilled just to see him in a form where he gets to be so well-rendered. I really don't get what all the whining is about.

I have a lot of respect for how thick-skinned Sakurai has to be to put up with all this ungrateful bullshit.

I really, really wanted Takamaru, but I doubt Sakurai even knows about a bunch of whiny GameFAQs/Tumblr/Imgur users who are flipping their lids all because ONE character didn't get in. I know I didn't react like that.

Now, if that Assist had been Shulk, I would have lost it. And if Ridley's confirmed boss tomorrow, all the flippage is justified.

(btw, what's the pic of the day comment, i can only see the villagers and two galaga ships, not miiverse)

I really, really wanted Takamaru, but I doubt Sakurai even knows about a bunch of whiny GameFAQs/Tumblr/Imgur users who are flipping their lids all because ONE character didn't get in. I know I didn't react like that.

Now, if that Assist had been Shulk, I would have lost it. And if Ridley's confirmed boss tomorrow, all the flippage is justified.

(btw, what's the pic of the day comment, i can only see the villagers and two galaga ships, not miiverse)

You didn't know? Sakurai feeds off the tears of angry fans to stay immortal.