SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this site had like button then you'd get my support.

It's not about the likes. It's about sending a message.

EVERYTHING BURNS (By Meteors and Valflame).

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I'm honestly kind of disappointed in the Fire Emblem stages. We have two generically generic stages and one stage that's from one of the games but functions exactly like the other two. :\

I mean, I'm glad we got as many FE stages as we did, but they don't really feel all that much like they're from FE, you know?

Because generic field #102 would feel like FE right.

I think the coliseum, represents the do or die combat of the series, coliseum battles were to the death irl, what's a prominent feature of Fe? Perma death, what do first time players typically do? Arena Grind (even I still do it from time to time)

As cool as the towers and caverns (Siege has one though) would be I don't think it really represents the Do or Die nature of the franchise

Ferox was iconic in the way it introduced us to Lucinas style of fighting and such, the Pokémon stadium oddities show the RNG in how a battle can change to your favor or the opponents

Castle Siege is akin to your typical seize chapter, then throne chapter finally concluding with a cavern chapter in succession.

Note I'm just explaining how I see the three stages, not reprimanding. I just happen to like these three stages and explain why I feel theyfit.

Now if they included a battle on a ship, with Fog that made it difficult to see the level around you (obscuring items unless they were in your view range), then THAT would feel like an FE level.

Now if they included a battle on a ship, with Fog that made it difficult to see the level around you (obscuring items unless they were in your view range), then THAT would feel like an FE level.

They already used a ship stage with Paper Mario and the Great Sea so it wouldn't be unique enough section. At the same time, I don't think a lot of people ever liked FOG battles.

I don't really associate boats with FE, although Flames on the Blue would have made a cool stage,. Probably would have looked a lot like Chi Bi though (funny considering I made a thread detailing how that strategy used there was similar to Zhou Yu and Huang Gais)

Well, Castle Siege was one of my personal favorite Brawl stages, so it's nice to see it back. I just hope we finally get some "Past Stages" that weren't in the previous game for once (every Melee stage in SSB4 so far was in Brawl, so they don't count). Hyrule Castle and Saffron City from SSB64 and Fourside from Melee, please.

Edit: In other news, the demo is now available for those of us who didn't get a special code.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Well, Castle Siege was one of my personal favorite Brawl stages, so it's nice to see it back. I just hope we finally get some "Past Stages" that weren't in the previous game for once (every Melee stage in SSB4 so far was in Brawl, so they don't count). Hyrule Castle and Saffron City from SSB64 and Fourside from Melee, please.

The problem with the N64 stages is that the nostalgia and hardcore fans would love it and demand no change and another demographic that will complain it looks horrendous and outdated. If they updated it, then the vice versa will happen.

The problem with the N64 stages is that the nostalgia and hardcore fans would love it and demand no change and another demographic that will complain it looks horrendous and outdated. If they updated it, then the vice versa will happen.

I think the vast majority of people would be fine if they just updated the stages visually to better fit with all the modern/Brawl/Melee stages.

I think the vast majority of people would be fine if they just updated the stages visually to better fit with all the modern/Brawl/Melee stages.

it's too bad the most vocal will complain about the visual updates.

Well, first impressions of the demo:

1. I keep trying to use grabs and throw items with the R button instead of L (because of where the Z button is on the Gamecube controller), but other than that I've had very little muscle-memory related problems when I comes to playing on a 3DS vs. a Gamecube controller (although this is all pretty much pointless since the Gamecube controller is what I will be using once again on the Wii U. but it is nice that this demo won't get me into too many bad control scheme habits).

2. Mario and Pikachu feel different than Brawl, but I can't really pinpoint why because I've only used them for one match each so far.

3. Link, like many people said, is way better than Brawl.

4. Villager is fun to play as. I mean, very fun. Along with how much I like a character and how good I am with them, how much fun I have playing as a character is the other one of the three big things I look into when choosing my main. I'm not saying main material yet, but Villager is definitely another one I need to look into closely when I get the Wii U version.

5. Mega Man isn't really clicking that well for me so far. I'll give him more of a chance as I play this demo and in the full game, but now I'm only able to beat the CPU opponents with him by spamming a few moves that a human opponent would be able to counter.

So, basically, Link and Villager will probably eat up most of my time in the demo. I'll give Mega Man more of a chance before writing him off though (and, of course, I'll try him out again once I get a Wii U and the full game), and I'll give Mario and Pikachu their chance as well. But it looks like I've found two favorites from among the small demo roster.

Since this isn't really a spoiler I thought it'd belong here better than in the SSB4 Spoiler Thread:

Keep in mind, this only affects knockback and not damage given (and the knockback boost is quite small), so it's not like they've given everyone Lucario's aura property.

Villagers move set is so fun to play with. My favourite little game was plant a tree and hit Link in the face with an axe. Screw the weapon triangle!

Villagers move set is so fun to play with. My favourite little game was plant a tree and hit Link in the face with an axe. Screw the weapon triangle!

Must be a Swordreaver.

Castle Siege did a good job representing the series as a whole. It might have been visually similar to Tellius, but the idea of field battles and castles battles make up the bulk of Fire Emblem areas. IS also seem to have fallen in love with lava filled Fire areas too. Most games like to throw one in regardless of how much sense it makes to fight there. Give us a desert stage and a port stage and we have every common Fire Emblem map.

After reading this, now I really want a desert map FE stage. With the sand slowing down your movement on the ground.

And the stereotypical gay-looking bandit-twins as a stage hazard, slashing players with their axes.

Been playing the demo, and I really like it!

I'm still a newbie at smash, and this is the first time I've ever played it, but it seems I'm slowly but steadily getting better!

I think I'll main Pikachu: Pokemon was my first ever franchise, and I really like the Yellow Rodent! One question, though:

Pikachu's Up+B move, Agility, how do you make it so it doubles? Like, do you have to tap the Circle Pad in another direction? Or do you have to press Up+B again, so that Pikachu can use Agility again?

Been playing the demo, and I really like it!

I'm still a newbie at smash, and this is the first time I've ever played it, but it seems I'm slowly but steadily getting better!

I think I'll main Pikachu: Pokemon was my first ever franchise, and I really like the Yellow Rodent! One question, though:

Pikachu's Up+B move, Agility, how do you make it so it doubles? Like, do you have to tap the Circle Pad in another direction? Or do you have to press Up+B again, so that Pikachu can use Agility again?

It has to be directed in two different directions, so like up then right. You need not hit b-up again. You can mix and match angles. It's difficult to master I would say (at least in like melee) but it allows him to recover from really low points.

I played as Megaman for a bit, and it feels like he's gonna be really low tier when we get a good tier list going. Just my gut feeling though, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by Shulk

I played Megaman, and it feels like he's gonna be really low tier when we get a good tier list going. Just my gutsman feeling though, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Fix'd

I watched Rey's lucina vs rockman videos and to be honest, he doesn't look like a heavy contendor. Short range lemons and sawblades are inferior weapontypes at a preliminary glance. His megablast looks decent though.