SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great and all, but I don't think you can download a patch for a game that you don't have yet.

Nahh, you can.

eShop says if you're gonna download the full game later, just get it now so it won't take as long.

I'm guessing it's really only for carts, since digital versions of games always include the latest update on release. Same thing happened with Tomodachi Life, a patch was released along with the game, but those who got it digital (like me) didn't need to download it separately.

I never understood why so many people like Japanese voices better than English ones. I mean in everything, from games to anime. I find female ones to sound way too high pitched and squeaky at times and I find males to not sound deep enough or old enough sometimes. Maybe I'm just too used to the way American men and women sound and Japanese people just generally sound higher pitched, but yeah.

Still, nothing can be done, I suppose. :P

I never understood why so many people like Japanese voices better than English ones. I mean in everything, from games to anime. I find female ones to sound way too high pitched and squeaky at times and I find males to not sound deep enough or old enough sometimes. Maybe I'm just too used to the way American men and women sound and Japanese people just generally sound higher pitched, but yeah.

Still, nothing can be done, I suppose. :P

It's more or less people like things in their original format. Others just really like the way it sounds. Or because weaboos.

I think it's because it's different. Games/Animes/etc already have different environments and mock-realism, so having a different language maybe kindasorta immerses you more into the world that's being presented to you. If everyone spoke english everywhere even on different planets and such, the presented characters/world might not feel so different to you.

I dunno. I like Japanese language for that purpose, because it's different. It's getting to the point now where I start to compare American voice actors to their characters, like "Oh hey it's Inuyasha" when watching old Zoids episodes or something, and I spend half of the episode just thinking about that and not getting immersed into the show that I'm watching.

I like English language though more often, simply because I'm a dad and I'm constantly doing things that would distract me from devoting full focus into whatever it is I'm playing/watching. I hate nothing more than having to rewind because I missed the subtitle for some line that for all I know was crucially important to whatever it is I needed to see. In gaming, I feel like I can focus more on playing if I'm spending less time & energy trying to translate unfamiliar terminology, yet at the same time, it still feels more immersing to hear things in a different language.

Ah, I see. Sometimes the original is the best, I agree. So that does make some sense, I suppose.

EDIT: Sara: I wonder why you call yourself Sara if you're a guy (I thought you were female lol), but I understand where you're coming from. Different is nice sometimes too.

Edited by Anacybele

I like Awakening voices in Japanese because those noises or singular words at the beginning of every sentence distracted me from the actual sentence being said. And if a dub is really bad I sometimes watch the Japanese.

Hey so if Wolf isn't in, then those pics that had him in records were fake? Did the uploader ever come out?

I'd rather listen to decent Japanese acting rather than terrible English acting and/or dialogue, at least for anime, video games I've never had an issue, especially SSB.

I'm just more accustomed to the Japanese voices than the English, as much as I enjoyed the dubbed version of Awakening, I kept switching the voices language just by personal preference. Plus once you learn a little of the language, you can get a rough idea of what's being said. I specifically enjoyed Male Robin's Japanese, it was strong sounding while not being unnecessarily deep, as stated by everyone else though, it all boils down to preference.

Also weaboo, that plays a part

EDIT: Sara: I wonder why you call yourself Sara if you're a guy (I thought you were female lol), but I understand where you're coming from. Different is nice sometimes too.

It's an inside joke with the Mafia crowd (the subforum group here that I associate with more often with) Someone offsite kept calling me Sara as if I was their friend from long ago, and I had no idea who they were, and then it just kinda happened. Now, I keep it Sara because I enjoy seeing reactions, and because Elie get a lot of Fem-assumptions, too :O

HEADS UP

Patch 1.0.2 of Smash is available on the eShop to download now. Without it, you can't go online, so it's better to do so now instead of waiting to get the game since servers will likely be quite busy by then.

Thanks Jave.

If it's called Dunk Hunt Duo then it means I can call them DHD. "Quick, we have to get to the DHD!"

oh my god I've been calling it DHD for the longest time and the acronym just felt right

now I know why I'm used to hearing it

HEADS UP

Patch 1.0.2 of Smash is available on the eShop to download now. Without it, you can't go online, so it's better to do so now instead of waiting to get the game since servers will likely be quite busy by then.

That's really helpful and all...but, what is the point in that when there is stuff to unlock? :\

Edited by PuffPuff

It also fixed the ZSS infinite on Robin

source? i just want to be sure since infinite combos are a big deal

Edited by Cornet

So.. What's everyone going to do first when they get the game?

Go on for glory mode and learn how to use Shulk mid match. I always learn how to use a character better if I just jump right into using them in a match,

Or because weaboos.

This is always the answer.

There are some things that are better in Japanese, but when faced with an enormously awesome dub (like Xenoblade), and people go "no Japanese only!" its because of weaboo.

First thing im doing is making a pot of Earl Grey, and sitting down in my living room with Green And Gold Robin (who will be known as Loki!Robin from here on out) and unlocking junk. Then i will practice with Shulk to get the hang of his moves. And then maybe ill smash with some frands online. *gives some members here a friendly challenge look*

Tomorrow is gonna be a nice day.