SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I remember this being brought up a few days ago.

My game says "Duck Hunt" not "Duck Hunt Duo". Is there something wrong with my game? Is there something I'm missing? Was this discussion "resolved" a few pages back, but I didn't see it?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My game says "Duck Hunt" not "Duck Hunt Duo". Is there something wrong with my game? Is there something I'm missing? Was this discussion "resolved" a few pages back, but I didn't see it?

What language is your 3DS set to?

I remember the announcer changing when my friend set it to French on the 3DS settings menu.

Yeah, almost no one knows what unlocks what. Just doing versus or random stuff in classic is the way to go.

All I know is that Versus, every 10 battles pretty much unlocks everyone.

And that Lucina IMMEDIATELY appeared after I finished Classic 7.0 with Marth.

Edited by shadowofchaos

"Duck Hunt Duo" is only used in the European games. Nintendo of Europe likes to make little changes when it comes to names

As for that one American streamer who got "Duck Hunt Duo": I think he somehow got a European version of the game early

SoC's comment also applies. Might even explain how the aforementioned streamer got "Duck Hunt Duo"

Edited by Dusk Hunt Dodge

The European version is "Duck Hunt Duo". The NA and JP version uses "Duck Hunt"

Yeah, almost no one knows what unlocks what. Just doing versus or random stuff in classic is the way to go.

I got the Prima guide for the game (namely because it shows all the full-body alts, barring at least Serra!Robin because apparently someone dungoofed and put in Partner!Robin instead) and it lists the ways to unlock everyone, and it's been 100% accurate for everyone I've unlocked.

I think the character unlocks are random when you do them via number of matches. Because I saw a list that said Ness is first in this method (ten matches to get him), but Falco was the first one I got. Ness appeared one match later though.

I figured it out kinda

Characters unlock in a Queue, so to speak. If you say, complete Classic with Marth, you unlock Falco and Lucina, in that order. Your first SMASH match after falco will be Lucina. I fought Wario next, since 100ManMelee was completed, but Wario was just sorta sitting in Queue.

Does that make sense? I'm rereading it and I'm not sure if I made sense or not.

I haven't done Classic mode yet though. And I got Wario just a couple matches after Ness, btw. I've just been doing Smash matches. Haven't even tried Smash Run yet, though I plan to do my first run of it with Ike. Because he's Ike and Nintendo Treehouse did some Smash Run Ike. lol

I think the character unlocks are random when you do them via number of matches. Because I saw a list that said Ness is first in this method (ten matches to get him), but Falco was the first one I got. Ness appeared one match later though.

You must have done something else, because that's not the case. Others, including myself, have gotten them in the same order from just doing matches. There is sort of a "queue" like Sara mentioned, though, which will make other characters appear if you've fulfilled other requirements of unlocking them.

On my end, I have 34/35 of the first challenge board done, and the last one is getting 3 unique custom outfits, and it's infuriating because it's completely random and I'm doing everything I can to get more so I can move on to the next board, but I just can't get one (I think I already have two). Does anyone know how to possibly increase chances on this? There doesn't seem to be but I only just got the game as most of us did.

You must have done something else, because that's not the case. Others, including myself, have gotten them in the same order from just doing matches. There is sort of a "queue" like Sara mentioned, though, which will make other characters appear if you've fulfilled other requirements of unlocking them.

On my end, I have 34/35 of the first challenge board done, and the last one is getting 3 unique custom outfits, and it's infuriating because it's completely random and I'm doing everything I can to get more so I can move on to the next board, but I just can't get one (I think I already have two). Does anyone know how to possibly increase chances on this? There doesn't seem to be but I only just got the game as most of us did.

If you're trying to get costumes from Classic Mode's roulette, then one way of getting more of the item you want is to press the home button while it spins. The game will stop bring you back to the home giving you a chance to see what's coming next. Then just go back into the game and hold A if it's the result you want and the roulette should instantly stop. I'm using it to try and get as many custom moves as possible.

But I didn't do anything else. All I've done is Smash matches, online and off. No Classic mode, no Smash Run, nothing else yet.

Did you fight a Falco online? I remember the Brawl dojo saying if you fight a character you don't have online, the game will give you a chance to unlock them when you go offline.

Did you fight a Falco online? I remember the Brawl dojo saying if you fight a character you don't have online, the game will give you a chance to unlock them when you go offline.

No, I didn't.

The lag is real. My bro and I coped with it a bit, and he lost once. As a Mac player, I'd literally be at the center of the stage most of the time as to prevent myself from suiciding or getting knocked out by laggy handicaps. I know for a fact I'll get frustrated one day, but I'll just keep playing to win and have fun :)

Edited by カプリ

I managed to somehow win during an excessively laggy match. I do agree, Nintendo needs to beef up their servers just a whee bit, especially for a game like this.

I managed to somehow win during an excessively laggy match. I do agree, Nintendo needs to beef up their servers just a whee bit, especially for a game like this.

For the most part my matches have had no lag, but there have been a few. Still much better than Brawl.

Also, I've made many people rage-quit on for glory, it's hilarious.

Edited by Shulk

Thoughts after day 1

Greninja and Shulk are going to be my mains for sure, I love them both

Dedede seems slower

BOWSER IS GOD

AMERICAN MARIO

I don't like Zelda or Rosalina or Luigi

Falco is still pretty boss, will use

Ike's black costume is pretty gr9

Robin is actually really cool, and I'm starting to like him

Little Mac does not seem very good, but I had a bad match up and bad course so

CFalcs does not seems as good