SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

There is? I honesty don't know about that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2i7gpm/official_character_unlock_methods_from_prima_guide/

Apparently the listed criteria for G&W and DHD are wrong. Prima guides have gotten info wrong in the past so it might be wrong.

Edit: it could be that there's a third way to unlock every character. Maybe there's Smash Run specific methods like Brawl had with SSE.

Edited by shinpichu.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the guide myself. For the most part, it was pretty right.

Still sore that they printed the image for Yellow!Robin twice, replacing Serra!Robin with it.

By the way: The Wii Fit Trainer has an alternate version for her deep breathing special, that doesn't power her up and instead creates an explosion around her. Simply by breathing. That's the most awesome yoga trainer I've ever seen. Feel the burn!

I think about the time Rosalina was confirmed as a playable character in Super Mario 3D world was when I got sick of her.

Even putting her into Mario Party was pushing it.

If you get sick of any Mario character who appears in 3 games, you must hate the entire cast.

The Peach rip-off that is infinitely better than the original. I'd be happy to kick your ass with her any time.

I'll just play Ness or Fox and deal with the star bits as necessary~!

I for one enjoy the challenge for sure, and certainly don't want to see her banned! I just need to get better so I can destroy the opposition Rosalumas with my ZSS without using up any stocks in doing so :D! I practiced a lot with Doofina's Rosie, so there's that. I also haven't met a ZSS that I couldn't beat and hope to someday soon, because I know I'm not the best ZSS out there, and would like to see true ZSS talent rather than my ramshackle talent. I got wrecked by some glory Samus user though. THAT was a neat experience.

Also, I've learned that I'm pretty shitty in team play as anybody with power in their identity (Ike, Wario, Bowser, etc), because I end up smashing my teammate. Derp

I don't think you were the one being spoken to at that time.

Also, why do I STILL not have Duck Hunt Dog? I think I've unlocked everyone BUT the damn dog. I want to play as him already. >_>

The duck is saddened by this post.

I don't think you were the one being spoken to at that time.

It read to me as a "To Everyone" post, but looking back, I can see where I might've misinterpreted it

Guys, I'm sorry, but I've had enough of this game's shitty online. I get WAY too much lag, both in button imput and in match movement. I don't know how anyone else can stand it, but I can't. My button commands only go through like 20% of the time, particularly when I use Miis for some reason. And many times, the match freezes for a few seconds and then repeatedly freezes after that.

I really really hate this. I wanted to play with other people online a ton. But I fucking can't have fun because of this...

Smash Run doesn't count as versus matches though.

The game counts them as VS matches.

I've yet to play a VS match and it's already told me that I've played 10 VS matches.

Guys, I'm sorry, but I've had enough of this game's shitty online. I get WAY too much lag, both in button imput and in match movement. I don't know how anyone else can stand it, but I can't. My button commands only go through like 20% of the time, particularly when I use Miis for some reason. And many times, the match freezes for a few seconds and then repeatedly freezes after that.

I really really hate this. I wanted to play with other people online a ton. But I fucking can't have fun because of this...

Have you checked your Internet connection? So far I've had perfect, non-laged matches(even then the game would fix the lag after awhile).

Maybe you're just smashing with laggy players.

Have you checked your Internet connection? So far I've had perfect, non-laged matches(even then the game would fix the lag after awhile).

Maybe you're just smashing with laggy players.

My internet is just fine, aside from having to reconnect every now and then on my laptop. But my laptop doesn't have anything to do with my 3DS. I'm betting that part of my button problem is just me being too slow or something, but that's just part of it.

And I never had this problem with Brawl or the online in my Wii U (Mario Kart 8 was generally lag free. Every now and then I'd see racers "teleport" but it didn't occur nearly as often as this SSB lag is). Though in the case of Brawl, we had a different router since it was a long time ago.

But my laptop doesn't highly agree with our router, maybe my 3DS doesn't either...

A bunch of the people I played with are here on SF though.

Edited by Anacybele

The netcode is a vast improvement from Brawl.

I was playing Japanese players on For Glory before the US release and most of that was pretty much lag free.

There was some on a few matches, but that can't be helped considering overseas.

Check your internet connection. Check if someone's mooching off your wifi and torrenting on your network. Because YOU may be the problem.

Edited by shadowofchaos

At my house, I need to be pretty close to my router with my 3DS, but my PC gets good reception from pretty far away. I dunno how close you are to your router, but consider playing a few matches while close to it just to test?

Check your internet connection. Check if someone's mooching off your wifi and torrenting on your network. Because YOU may be the problem.

But our connection is secure, meaning it requires a password. How could it get mooched off of? Is it possible for it to be hacked? But if the netcode is as good as you guys say it is, I guess the problem really is on my end...

At my house, I need to be pretty close to my router with my 3DS, but my PC gets good reception from pretty far away. I dunno how close you are to your router, but consider playing a few matches while close to it just to test?

That's a good point, I might be a bit too far away. The router is downstairs while I'm upstairs in my room. Though the room it's in is directly below my room.

But our connection is secure, meaning it requires a password. How could it get mooched off of? Is it possible for it to be hacked?

It is common to get your wifi password hacked.

I know you don't need the technical details, but I've caught someone on my network before.

Had to make sure to put filters so that only specific devices could connect.

I know you don't need the technical details, but I've caught someone on my network before.

Did you punch them in the face?

Ack, that really sucks. >_<

I don't know if I can put filters or anything though, that might be my stepdad's job. It's really his router...

I've only played online a few times, but I've noticed that my matches often span from "so laggy the game kicked us out" to "no lag at all". From what I've noticed, there are certain players who may almost always cause the match to lag. I've also noticed that matches held in a room that I create seem to lag far less than rooms made by other people. So it could be a combination of things that's making you lag.

Edited by Sunwoo

Did you punch them in the face?

I just made sure they couldn't get in anymore.

...They downloaded 7.8 GB of SOMETHING.

My money's on the obvious.

Another possible answer to your problem, Ana, is to turn off the other devices that connect to your Wi-Fi and use up bandwidth.

Including the Satellite boxes for the TVs in the house, there are 7-15 devices connected to my router at a time. But it's an "airport" router so it can handle that. Yours might not.

I just made sure they couldn't get in anymore.

...They downloaded 7.8 GB of SOMETHING.

My money's on the obvious.

Another possible answer to your problem, Ana, is to turn off the other devices that connect to your Wi-Fi and use up bandwidth.

Including the Satellite boxes for the TVs in the house, there are 7-15 devices connected to my router at a time. But it's an "airport" router so it can handle that. Yours might not.

The only things using the internet here right now are my laptop, my 3DS, and my brother's shit. But I can't make him turn off his junk, as much as I would love to.

Our TVS don't use satellite. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Guys, I just got a copy of Super Smash Bros.

2IwemuI.jpg

...for the 3DS!

But in all seriousness, I got the actual game today. Really love Kirby and Shulk so far.

No need for me as I already have that on the N64 still. I don't hardly, if ever, sell my games. It's nice that younger audiences will get to see what we have played in our time.