SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Is it me, or are computer allies really odd? Like, I did Classic on 4.0 intensity for most characters, and any ally I had normally fought decently, but when I went to higher intensity's, they basically did nothing. I just fought a giant Dr. Mario on 9.0 with an allied Luigi and he literally didn't attack even once for his entire stock, which lasted about a minute. I saw some of this once before when I tried 9.0 as well.

It's like the higher intensities give you an ally just to serve as a distraction for the enemies and nothing else.

The dumb allys cause you to work more. Just another challenge on higher difficulties.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding to the dreams convo, that was RD Ike for me! From the first time I saw his sexy face and biceps, I'd wanted to play as him in Smash. But I figured the chances of that were near zero because not only did Brawl make his PoR look kind of iconic, but there was even a chance that Ike would not return at all.

Then when I checked the Smash site on May 23rd, I froze for a second and was like "NO WAY... IS THAT... OMG IT IS!! IT IS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT OMG YESSS!!" lol

I had to have fangirled for the next month after that. XD I drew a celebratory art and wrote a oneshot for it as well. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I want Puff. Looks like I'll be spamming Classic mode later.

Character unlock checklist:

Ness

Falco

Wario

Lucina

Dark Pit

Dr. Mario

R.O.B.

Ganondorf

Mr. Game & Watch

Bowser Jr.

Duck Hunt

Jigglypuff

I know it's not as an efficient method of getting her, but you are still able to get the required 30 pieces of equipment needed to unlock her through Classic mode.

I suppose that we really should be angry about that Landmaster not being playable then. I mean, look at that fabulous detail! Surely it was planned to be playable since the beginning, but then we got Wolf instead. >:c

No

Lucina was literally just an alt that got promoted to playable due to the having extra time. Not because she was popular. Sakurai just wanted to make the Marth clone a Marth clone.

Wanted to awaken Masked Marth
Marth>Chrom

I honestly adore this cast. I'm not even kind of bothered by the 3 clones we have, 'cause they're really just extras that were made in what little spare time they had. I actually really like Lucina too, and Sumia!Lucina rocks my socks~

There is only one thing I am legitimately salty about though. That being Isaac not only not making it to playable status like Mac, but also losing his Assist Trophy and dropping out of the game altogether. Golden Sun is such a great series, and even with that failure of a sequel I was hoping that Sakurai would give the series a little love ;-;

nRU2EE.jpg
iUqxGo.jpg
IoEC5U.jpg
Nintendo could not doubt such an incredible athlete like Mac. :D

Isaac being dropped is kinda weird. Pretty much the only thing making me consider the possibility of character DLC. Were there any other assists cut or is he just an anomaly?

Drill Dozer's Jill was cut and Barbara from Daigasso Band Brothers was demoted to regular trophy status. Basically many of the niche and dead series were pretty much cut or gone. Like the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan series has no trophy in the current 3DS version etc...

Edited by kingddd

Adding to the dreams convo, that was RD Ike for me! From the first time I saw his sexy face and biceps, I'd wanted to play as him in Smash. But I figured the chances of that were near zero because not only did Brawl make his PoR look kind of iconic, but there was even a chance that Ike would not return at all.

Then when I checked the Smash site on May 23rd, I froze for a second and was like "NO WAY... IS THAT... OMG IT IS!! IT IS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT OMG YESSS!!" lol

I had to have fangirled for the next month after that. XD I drew a celebratory art and wrote a oneshot for it as well. :P

This is kinda how I am about Lyn. As I was playing FE7 for the first time, I was like "Lyn NEEEEDS to be a Smash character!" That has yet to happen (and it may never happen, unfortunately), but I'm still dreaming about it.

Also, I finished the first set of challenges and about slightly less of the second set. Some of these are harder than I thought they'd be, and I haven't unlocked any of the hammers for the second set yet.

AND, I have everyone but R.O.B. unlocked.

Isaac being dropped is kinda weird. Pretty much the only thing making me consider the possibility of character DLC. Were there any other assists cut or is he just an anomaly?

Isaac won't be DLC.

No way, he's likely a Wii U only assist.

or gone completely. i'd be fine with that

However, I think Waddle Dee (Spear) NEEDED something. He has nothing.

Isaac won't be DLC.

No way, he's likely a Wii U only assist.

or gone completely. i'd be fine with that

However, I think Waddle Dee (Spear) NEEDED something. He has nothing.

Entire Nintendo franchise needs to be eliminated from Smash Bros but minor Kirby character totally needs in.

I wanted Shulk, but I never thought he was that long of a shot. Yeah a longer shot than a bunch of the others, but I never thought he was like Duck Hunt Dog-long. Seeing DHD, Shulk, Little Mac, Palutena...so many characters I wanted got in. The only other newcomer I could possibly ask for is Lyn, but I'm happy with the newcomers we got. Especially DHD.

Before December, Rosalina in Smash Bros. was something I dreamed about but never considered it a possibility.

When the direct happened, I couldn't handle all of the emotion running through me.

I still look at her little box on the screen and I can't help but smile. The dream happened.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

WE ARE REALLY FEELING IT!

The only letdown i have, is that the DK Rap is totally not in the 3DS version of the game. Had that song been in there, i would claim the game the greatest of gifts the gods ever graced us.

Man....I loved the DK Rap.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

WE ARE REALLY FEELING IT!

The only letdown i have, is that the DK Rap is totally not in the 3DS version of the game. Had that song been in there, i would claim the game the greatest of gifts the gods ever graced us.

Man....I loved the DK Rap.

well they do kind of chant the DK Rap with DK's audience cheers.

Edited by kingddd

I've come to the conclusion that Antony del Rio and Laura Bailey are far away the best ever

if Ali Hillis came back for Palutena, it'd be so hnnnng

all we need is erin fitzgerald and tara platt as Chie and Mitsuru respectively and it'd be a shower necessary fest

700 ft would be the average record to getting many Mii stat unlockables from it!

My friend was getting all in a huff that the challenge for Home Run Contest involves hitting the sandbag over 3200 ft and was like "That's crazy!"

Well, it wasn't *entirely* simple to do but I managed about 3540 ft as Ganondorf. And it was mostly skill of execution of the plan, but it involved a few f-smashes to start, something to knock the sandbag into the air, a dair spike, and a couple other mixups and hopefully another dair spike, then hit the sandbag with the tip of the bat near the edge of the platform. My execution was not perfect but it was adequate. The walls that hold the bag in are pretty durable.

Entire Nintendo franchise needs to be eliminated from Smash Bros but minor Kirby character totally needs in.

Well, Kirby is a big enough franchise to maybe warrant a fourth character. And Bandanna Dee is the most likely choice.

But why are people arguing about this sort of thing? Let's have both Isaac and Bandanna Dee. They were my most wanted newcomers, and I get none of them.

The biggest gift from Sakurai to me was Chrom not getting in and Roy not returning.