SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Sorry, I meant rolling before you got of the ground, like as soon as you see him flip the card at you. That might be kind of hard to do though, admittedly >_<

Edited by Kon

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must not be trying hard enough to improve. I sucked hard at this game when I started, but I've surely been getting better. I've been told as much. It just takes patience and effort.

Well, maybe I do need more patience than I did with Brawl. But one thing that's weird I noticed online. My characters seem to do things faster in the waiting area than in the actual matches...

Well, maybe I do need more patience than I did with Brawl. But one thing that's weird I noticed online. My characters seem to do things faster in the waiting area than in the actual matches...

You could be getting more input lag in the matches due to the internet connections.

i just noticed that there's no system for tags in this game. it doesn't matter much, but i really miss it for some reason.

Whatcha mean? Tags? Not sure what this is....

You could be getting more input lag in the matches due to the internet connections.

man, this is A Thing and can be a real pain in the ass.

As for Master Hand shenanigans, if it makes you feel any better Ana, i have trouble with that on a not-9.0 difficulty.

B: The cards move is a shithead especially if he used that grab-sleep move first. (and i cant seem to wake up)

B: The cards move is a shithead especially if he used that grab-sleep move first. (and i cant seem to wake up)

That shit right there got me one time and pissed me off so fucking hard. I raged like a little bitch.

Whatcha mean? Tags? Not sure what this is....

yeah, that's probably not what they're called. i was referring to how you could change the player number above fighters' heads while playing to some sort of text.

for master hand's platform thing, i point the circle pad to the left or right.

Edited by Cornet

After choosing Smash Run from the main menu, go to "Custom" and you can set up custom characters with the Smash Run powers you've obtained. They're the yellow bags with the question mark on them, as seen: 7oPlIe2.jpg

Thank you! Do I have to get 25 in the same run, or just 25 total?

Total, from what I can tell. You'd need some sort of insane luck to get 25 powers in one run, because they're all so different.

Edited by Dai

yeah, that's probably not what they're called. i was referring to how you could change the player number above fighters' heads while playing to some sort of text.

for master hand's platform thing, i point the circle pad to the left or right.

Ooooo that thing. Yeah, it just shows the names on the touch screen. i totally know what you mean now.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-patch-and-remove-vectoring-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds

I know people complain about the silliest things with Smash... but this is ridiculous. xD

A freaking Change.org petition? Really?

You have two stocks for every battle, so that's not a problem~

I've found that dodge rolling helps when Master Hand uses the cards, or just clinging to the edge when he whips them out.

Isn't that attack an opportunity to have some free damage on him?

Edited by shadowofchaos

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-patch-and-remove-vectoring-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds

I know people complain about the silliest things with Smash... but this is ridiculous. xD

A freaking Change.org petition? Really?

i can understand where he's coming from in a competitive view. things that promote defensive strategies are BAD in this regard (and it does promote defensive play), because there aren't many people who want to watch people camp each other out so they don't get hit as much for a good 20 minutes. if that happens, the game loses popularity among the competitive audience, meaning the beginning of the end. i also view it as a waste of my time if i'm going to spend 20 minutes per set instead of 12. then again, i think also it's silly because i could say the same thing (promotes defensive play) about all the other changes with the mechanics in the game.

You say that like it's the easiest thing in the world. Except it's not. Besides, I just don't seem to get better at this game no matter what I do. Believe me, I've tried.

I've had the same terrible trouble on getting through All-Star Mode on hard. -.-

Ganondorf usually helps out on getting through the hardest difficulties as he seems to move slightly faster than before. Probably gave him a real kick for the anniversary game, Hyrule Warriors. But...really, it just takes practice and patience.

Also, leaping in the air and kicking seems to help as they often stupidly follow you in mid-air and cannot defend themselves while in mid-air. Against Master/Crazy Hands/Master Core, well...that's another story.

Edited by PuffPuff

You say that like it's the easiest thing in the world. Except it's not. Besides, I just don't seem to get better at this game no matter what I do. Believe me, I've tried.

The best thing you can do is to keep on trucking. The more you play this game, the better you'll get at it. Find some people to play with and go nuts for a few hours bashing their heads in.

Playing against the computer's isn't very good practice for a few reasons. Firstly, they respond to your actions way faster than a human player is capable of and secondly, they repeat themselves a lot when they fight and so you can win against them easily just be getting to know their patterns. Good human players try to stay unpredictable to avoid creating patterns.

Practice makes perfect. You didn't learn to walk in a day (if you did then you're magical) and you likely won't get good at Smash Bros. as quickly as you want to

i can understand where he's coming from in a competitive view. things that promote defensive strategies are BAD in this regard (and it does promote defensive play), because there aren't many people who want to watch people camp each other out so they don't get hit as much for a good 20 minutes. if that happens, the game loses popularity among the competitive audience, meaning the beginning of the end. i also view it as a waste of my time if i'm going to spend 20 minutes per set instead of 12. then again, i think also it's silly because i could say the same thing (promotes defensive play) about all the other changes with the mechanics in the game.

VI isn't that bad though. What is worrying me for the future of the competitive scene is that aside from a select few characters (Shulk with Monado Speed/Jump, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and a few of the really fast characters) have a lot of trouble dealing with projectile camping due to lack of movement speed and options. Granted this may be just my own ineptitude with all characters not named Shulk or Captain Falcon, and the people I'm watching skill levels, but from what I've currently seen projectile camping has too much of a reward for too little of a risk, which may bog down the pace of the game competitively.

Edited by Shulk

VI isn't that bad though. What is worrying me for the future of the competitive scene is that aside from a select few characters (Shulk with Monado Speed/Jump, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and a few of the really fast characters) have a lot of trouble dealing with projectile camping due to lack of movement speed and options. Granted this may be just my own ineptitude with all characters not named Shulk or Captain Falcon, and the people I'm watching skill levels, but from what I've currently seen projectile camping has too much of a reward for too little of a risk, which may bog down the pace of the game competitively.

A portion of the cast also has reflecting/projectile healing moves. Meaning combined with the speedier characters and characters who have projectiles to fire fight back with, it's only a problem for at most a fifth of the cast. Approximately speaking. I havn't actually looked at the roster and tried to work out the number of disadvantaged parties.

Edited by Jotari

The best thing you can do is to keep on trucking. The more you play this game, the better you'll get at it. Find some people to play with and go nuts for a few hours bashing their heads in.

Playing against the computer's isn't very good practice for a few reasons. Firstly, they respond to your actions way faster than a human player is capable of and secondly, they repeat themselves a lot when they fight and so you can win against them easily just be getting to know their patterns. Good human players try to stay unpredictable to avoid creating patterns.

Practice makes perfect. You didn't learn to walk in a day (if you did then you're magical) and you likely won't get good at Smash Bros. as quickly as you want to

Then why are certain people really really good already? Take PJSalt/PKL for instance. He seems like someone that "learned to walk in a day" with this game. He crushed everyone in two tourneys already.

A bunch of others have proven to be plenty better than me too. I just feel like if they can get good this fast, I should be able to too.

Then why are certain people really really good already? Take PJSalt/PKL for instance. He seems like someone that "learned to walk in a day" with this game. He crushed everyone in two tourneys already.

A bunch of others have proven to be plenty better than me too. I just feel like if they can get good this fast, I should be able to too.

I thought I heard somewhere that PKL was on the localisation team and has had the game much longer than anyone else.

Okay, how about other people? I've been two or three stocked by Fruity, kingddd, and a couple other people or so. And I've been beaten by everyone else except a couple users.

I thought I heard somewhere that PKL was on the localisation team and has had the game much longer than anyone else.

pretty sure Refa was the one who let this out

could go back and find it eventually, probably

EDIT: yeah here we go

Yeah, he was actually on the localization team of SSB4 (you can spot several references to his online name, PKL, if you look hard enough); noone told you that? So he's been playing Smash 4 for like forever, man.

Edited by Euklyd

Okay, how about other people? I've been two or three stocked by Fruity, kingddd, and a couple other people or so. And I've been beaten by everyone else except a couple users.

The sad truth of life is that no matter how good you get at something there's likely going to be people out there who are better. Very few people get to be the best. It doesn't mean you should stop trying or that the game can't be fun. You just have to keep on playing and trying out new things. The same can be said for anything in life. I personally prefer to play against players who I know are better than me because it challenges me and motivates me to be better. Your staunch refusal to use anyone but Luigi or Ike surely isn't helping things either. The more characters you play as the more you get to understand the flow and mechanics of the game. Playing as a character also gives you good insight as to how that character is played and thus what their weaknesses are and what needs to be done to defeat them. The more exposure you have to every aspect of the game, the further along you'll get to subconsciously understanding the game as a whole. At least that's the way I see it.

I have a question that isn't too related to smash, but I don't know where else to ask so i'll do it here. There's this free game action going on if you register smash and your 3ds. The problem is I never registered my 3ds before. I looked in the box, but I could not find that little red thing with the code on it. I take it there's no way to still register is somehow?

Now on to something that has more to do with Smash. Is it me or did Zelda get some improvements? I was never a huge Zelda player in Melee and Brawl since I never could get the hang of her. I'm still not that good with Zelda, but she feels a lot easier to play as for some reason. I know she got a buff in farore's wind which can actually kill now, but other then that i'm not too sure.

You should be able to register your console using the serial code on the little sticker, located on the bottom of your 3DS. If you've owned it for less than 90? days, you should be able to get an extension on your warranty if you register it asap.

Zelda def seems buffed with that powerful-as-heck Farore's. It seems a bit faster, and the knockback itself feels improved. I was getting killed last night while just in the 40s-50s as Samus, and Nayru's seems to have some improved knockback added to it.

Edited by Sara.

Zelda def seems buffed with that powerful-as-heck Farore's. It seems a bit faster, and the knockback itself feels improved. I was getting killed last night while just in the 40s-50s as Samus, and Nayru's seems to have some improved knockback added to it.

It's a really annoying move to deal with the first time I played against it. 1 on 1, it's not so bad since you can shield it with no problems as it leaves her very opened. When it comes to 4 players though, it gets really devastating. I personally think the knockback should not be so high at a really low percentage.

I need to work on my shield techniques

Yea, last night I was getting wrecked in 3p and 4p, but I also hadn't played games with more than 2p since maybe last week with Gemma in teams, and I'm really not used to handling games with multiple players (mainly because I lost track of how many times I got knocked into someone else's attack)

You mean the code under the bar code? I've tried that too, but it says the code is invalid. I've had my 3ds for about 3 years now so that might be the reason.

Nice to see Zelda being a bit better this time around since I decided I wanted to be better with the character before I got the game.

Edited by Sasori