SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

This is perfect. More people need to play like this.

And I guess I could say the same for me with RosaLuma.

I agree, this is how I found some of my favorites.

Also, looking back, Ana didn't talk about Robin until AFTER my post, so I have nothing to be sorry for. Muwahaha :P

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you such a child? Throwing a temper tantrum because you cant get Ike's flow and people going "hey try this guy". Why do you do that? Why?

Uh... What?

And I said I've tried everyone already. Do you read anything I say?

I agree, this is how I found some of my favorites.

Also, looking back, Ana didn't talk about Robin until AFTER my post, so I have nothing to be sorry for. Muwahaha :P

tbh, its why ive been neglecting Duck Hunt. I still love Duck Hunt, but Game and Watch has been creeping into my picks lately. I think by this time next month, my mains will look rather different. I also want to be able to pick Random and actually do ok when that happens.

ana, just try out people and see who "clicks" with you. if you don't want to do that, don't complain about using a bad character.

for special moves, i generally don't care if they're good or not, as long as the character is good. it doesn't matter if the special moves don't have any use if a character's regular attacks are still good.

actually, something else regarding characters. some are hard to learn how to use, but might just be perfect for you once you reach a certain skill level. you might just have to get a bit better at the game or play it more to find your true main.

Edited by Cornet

Yeah. Like everyone else suggested Ana, practice and you'll eventually become a good Smash player. Learn your mains in and out. Advantages and disadvantages. I would have never known about Dark Pit's Meteor without being experimental. Good luck.

Edited by Ace Gamer

ana, just try out people

...How many times must I say that I'VE TRIED OUT EVERYONE? Sorry, but it's getting kind of irritating.

Yeah. Like everyone else suggested Ana, practice and you'll eventually become a good Smash player.

Uh, you think I haven't been doing that? I've gotten pretty good with Luigi. But I still can hardly do shit with Ike. You see where I'm going with this? He just doesn't work for me anymore.

Uh... What?

And I said I've tried everyone already. Do you read anything I say?

You know, you really dont realize how many posts actually pop up in the middle of posting, do you? It has to be your way or the highway, doesnt it? I also dont believe you. I dont think you've used other characters for more than one match. I cant ever say that Sonic is incompatible with me because i never tried him for more than like, two minutes. I tried Pac-Man for one match, and i still cant say if he really jibes well with me or not. I kinda doubt you even touched Lucario or Samus (with Suit). Hell, i didnt even try out Charizard until like last night.

...How many times must I say that I'VE TRIED OUT EVERYONE? Sorry, but it's getting kind of irritating.

There's a difference between doing a Classic run and really trying someone out. I mean, Classic is a good start, but in order to really try someone, you need to learn how all their moves work, use them against different kinds of players, etc.

You know, you really dont realize how many posts actually pop up in the middle of posting, do you? It has to be your way or the highway, doesnt it?

I don't really want to take a side here, but this is pointlessly aggressive.

(Man, I'm so slow at typing these...)

Whoa, slow down there Ana. No need to jump straight to conclusions yet. I know how it feels like to drop mains (Capt. Falcon in Melee, Pit in Brawl, and Roy and Mega Man in SSB4), but that doesn't stop me from using them from time to time. I've recently picked up Ike in SSB4 and he feels just as good as he was in Brawl, except with less lag overall. He may not deal as much damage as before, but at least he's not as bad as Falco, who I found to have the potential to be dirt bottom on a tier list. Not everyone's play style is the same, so there's a good chance you'll see Ike used by someone successfully in a way you never thought of before..

I'm guessing your problem right now is that the 3DS controls don't seem to fit the characters that greatly benefits from C-Sticking and Ike happens to be one of them. One of the shenanigans I would do with Kirby in Brawl was to reverse short hop and fast fall an autocanceled U-air, thus causing the late, weaker hitbox to land and grant me enough time to dash grab the opponent and pull off a painful combo out of it. I found this to be much harder to do on the 3DS simply because of how hard it was to U-air without a C-Stick (I've tried with Tap Jump off but it was really uncomfortable for me). I'm actually considering dropping Kirby just for the 3DS version only but still main him on the Wii U version because of this (Or I can just wait for the New 3DS, but I'm an impatient person).

All I can say is:

Ike's B-air autocancels and sets up for so many things. Be glad this will be easier to do in the Wii U version.

(Man, I'm so slow at typing these...)

Whoa, slow down there Ana. No need to jump straight to conclusions yet. I know how it feels like to drop mains (Capt. Falcon in Melee, Pit in Brawl, and Roy and Mega Man in SSB4), but that doesn't stop me from using them from time to time. I've recently picked up Ike in SSB4 and he feels just as good as he was in Brawl, except with less lag overall. He may not deal as much damage as before, but at least he's not as bad as Falco, who I found to have the potential to be dirt bottom on a tier list. Not everyone's play style is the same, so there's a good chance you'll see Ike used by someone successfully in a way you never thought of before..

I'm guessing your problem right now is that the 3DS controls don't seem to fit the characters that greatly benefits from C-Sticking and Ike happens to be one of them. One of the shenanigans I would do with Kirby in Brawl was to reverse short hop and fast fall an autocanceled U-air, thus causing the late, weaker hitbox to land and grant me enough time to dash grab the opponent and pull off a painful combo out of it. I found this to be much harder to do on the 3DS simply because of how hard it was to U-air without a C-Stick (I've tried with Tap Jump off but it was really uncomfortable for me). I'm actually considering dropping Kirby just for the 3DS version only but still main him on the Wii U version because of this (Or I can just wait for the New 3DS, but I'm an impatient person).

All I can say is:

Ike's B-air autocancels and sets up for so many things. Be glad this will be easier to do in the Wii U version.

Ike's had a lot of nerfs that prevent him from doing a bunch of cool stuff that he used to be able to do though. Quick Draw Canceling, for example. It's gone now. Godly f-air, it's gone. He's weaker overall now too. None of this needed to happen at all. It's what made him as high on the tier list as he was and he wasn't even high at all. The KO zones being farther out also hurts him (though it hurts everyone, really), and other characters getting buffed makes it that much easier to punish him. Smash attacks are more easily punished in this game too, and his were already easily punishable to begin with.

Hey, Zelda got nerfed too.

What's different though is that Zelda was even lower in the Brawl Tier List. She did get a new move, but it's worthless.

(Stop reading, go to Youtube and search "survivor Destiny's child" and then continue reading)

We need to just work around these things. Zelda's recovery is still an issue that were immovable for the first second. Din's Fire causes helplessness. It's a tough situation, but I liked Zelda so I stuck through with her.

It's incredibly sad that both her and Ike received nerfs, already placing low on the Brawl Tier List, but we just gotta work harder!

I'm a survivor. I'm gonna make it. I'm not 'gon stop, I'M GONNA WORK HARDER

I don't really want to take a side here, but this is pointlessly aggressive.

tbf, so is this:

Florina, again, I JUST TALKED ABOUT ROBIN. THE ANSWER ON HIM IS NO. Geez...

Shulk is too complicated to me with his different modes. I'm not fond of them.

I used to play a lot of Marth. But he was never a main and never will be. Not only is he kind of eh, but I never could get the hang of Dancing Blade either.

Also, don't tell me to "try" someone, because I've tried everyone. Like I said, it's entirely no use.

Calling me a fucking liar is also pointless and hurtful.

I played almost everyone in All-Star mode too, you know...

Never called you a liar. Im sure you played All-Star mode and Classic with everybody to get the challenges unlocked. I dont believe you've really tested out every character in actual matches. I can do Smash Run with DeDeDe and be kinda gr9, but it doesnt mean ive used him in his full potential in a heated match in FG or with Friends. You know its different when playing AI opponents vs playing real people online.

Well, I felt the nerfs. Big time...

d56b3d0bcbaea038f5518c5f0586f97d.png

Yo, i didnt plan on maining Yoshi. The Yoshi chose me. You need to find your groove. Im not sure why you think you are really awful at this game.

This is how I picked up Falco in Brawl, and Dark Pit. FSR, I like how the latter handles, despite the fact that the two are more-or-less identical. May grab Fox again, because this game solves the outstanding issue I had with him in Brawl (which was being too fast). I've fiddled with a lot of characters, and I can tell that certain ones. . .just don't click with my play style.

I fail to see any aggressiveness in my post.

I will gladly PM you your posts, and explain how I view it as someone who knows very little about you. . .on the condition that you don't argue with me about what I say.

You know its different when playing AI opponents vs playing real people online.

This might take away from the current saltfest, but this is the only reason I don't play Melee competitively. Nobody in my area plays at the same level I was once at and I've actually gotten worse because I've only faced Lv. 9 jab-locking CPUs that are on the same level as Lv. 1 CPUs in Brawl.

Hey, Zelda got nerfed too.

What's different though is that Zelda was even lower in the Brawl Tier List. She did get a new move, but it's worthless.

(Stop reading, go to Youtube and search "survivor Destiny's child" and then continue reading)

We need to just work around these things. Zelda's recovery is still an issue that were immovable for the first second. Din's Fire causes helplessness. It's a tough situation, but I liked Zelda so I stuck through with her.

It's incredibly sad that both her and Ike received nerfs, already placing low on the Brawl Tier List, but we just gotta work harder!

I'm a survivor. I'm gonna make it. I'm not 'gon stop, I'M GONNA WORK HARDER

I feel like Zelda got buffed, actually. She has faster A-attacks, and a far more powerful Farore's Wind, as well as a pretty powerful custom Dins

This is how I picked up Falco in Brawl, and Dark Pit. FSR, I like how the latter handles, despite the fact that the two are more-or-less identical. May grab Fox again, because this game solves the outstanding issue I had with him in Brawl (which was being too fast). I've fiddled with a lot of characters, and I can tell that certain ones. . .just don't click with my play style.

Melee!Falco and I were buddies. Melee!Doc was also my best friend, so i tried him in this game. He and i didnt get along too well and i was sad. Changing game physics and mechanics does that. I could never Fox cuz he was just always too damn fast.

This might take away from the current saltfest, but this is the only reason I don't play Melee competitively. Nobody in my area plays at the same level I was once at and I've actually gotten worse because I've only faced Lv. 9 jab-locking CPUs that are on the same level as Lv. 1 CPUs in Brawl.

Yeah i dig. My Melee Heyday was in 2002ish when i played with friends all the time.

I feel like Zelda got buffed, actually. She has faster A-attacks, and a far more powerful Farore's Wind, as well as a pretty powerful custom Dins

Farore's Wind did get buffed, but Zelda's up-smash got worse and so did her up-air.

I will gladly PM you your posts, and explain how I view it as someone who knows very little about you. . .on the condition that you don't argue with me about what I say.

So basically you'll go complaining about what I said and I have to say "oh, you're absolutely right!" even if I disagree entirely. Yeah, thanks, but no thanks. I don't really see the point in it anyway.

tbf, so is this:

You are correct, but that doesn't justify throwing it back, especially when it was clearly a mistake.

So basically you'll go complaining about what I said and I have to say "oh, you're absolutely right!" even if I disagree entirely. Yeah, thanks, but no thanks. I don't really see the point in it anyway.

Wow, misinterpretation of the year. You wanted to know how it could be seen as aggressive, she offered to tell you, as an unbiased third party, how she saw it. She just didn't want to get into an argument over it.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Character_customization

Everything said here really got to me which is why that this will be the ultimate fighting game of the year. This smash game may get eternal replay value which it incredibly deserves. Also, anything that you've unlocked and have transferred to the Wii-U's version, they will still have it on and that you won't have to unlock it again to get them to wear it as it also says that there!

So Sakurai has stated that the 3DS version exists for customization to have it over to the Wii-U version. This two part Smash game will really be something. :D

@Ana

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:About_Ike's_quick_draw...

Seeing here said that this draw of his didn't exist in Brawl. I don't quite follow this "quick draw" thing, but it must be what made him on top at low tier from last game.

Edited by PuffPuff

Really? I don't feel any nerfs at all. Maybe our playstyles are so different that the nerfs are non-existent for me.

he got less powerful, his fair isn't amazing anymore, quick draw utility is gone, and probably less range like nearly everybody else. he may have slightly more super armor frames on aether but that might just be my imagination, and it still wouldn't come close to making up for what was lost anyway.