SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Blondes are the best, didn't you know?

In regards to hair, why don't we add a certain green-haired swordswoman to the roster? That'd be cool, right?

Alm! Yes, Alm would be great.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be content with Black Mage or Cloud if Square-Enix threw their hat in, or heck any FF protagonist (like Cecil).

A friend of mine really wants Slime from Dragon Quest to be a thing because he loves DQ and he thinks it would be amazing in a stupid/funny way.

Edited by Jedi

Man, Squeenix has so many characters that would be awesome in Smash. Crono, Agnes, Neku... the list goes on.

I would really like to see Neku in Smash.

#RallySora

...I'm a be that person

Soras been on Nintendo stuff so I don't really find any reason to not let that be a thing. Plus anyone has a shot currently in a technical sense.

I'd imagine that if a Square-Enix character made it in, they'd go for an actual character rather than a generic class-type character.

Man, Squeenix has so many characters that would be awesome in Smash. Crono, Agnes, Neku... the list goes on.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRONO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeenix would put guys like Lara Croft or Cloud in Smash.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I believe the character being referred to was Lyn. It said "swordswoman" not "swordman." Unless, ya know, Alm is a woman! :P

Yes, please Nintendo, add Lyn!

Alm? He's a guy, right? I said "Swordswoman".

Lyn for Smash!

I can't read

I can't read

Lyn playable in smash 4 plz.

So.. since the FE If is getting two separate versions in Japan, does that mean that FE is now as big as Pokemon and can have six reps?

Lyn, Roy, and.... Micaiah? Elinicia? Eirika? Hector? Ephraim? Who's our sixth rep?

EDIT: Oops, that would be seven reps (I forgot Lucina exists), so we'd have more than Pokemon.. Unless they brought Pichu back.

Edited by Tsunami922

Lyn playable in smash 4 plz.

So.. since the FE If is getting two separate versions in Japan, does that mean that FE is now as big as Pokemon and can have six reps?

Lyn, Roy, and.... Micaiah? Elinicia? Eirika? Hector? Ephraim? Who's our sixth rep?

Ephraim, of course. Lances are the best.

Because I'd like DLC that I actually WOULD buy?

Nintendo would like to apologize for not catering to your wallet that would obviously make up for all the people that would buy Roy.

How many times have people said this about clone characters?

"Clone characters did not steal your *insert character's name here* spot in smash."

All of your posts thus far with Roy complaints seem to not ever think highly of anyone's opinion, likes, or preferences but your own.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Simple as that. Smash roster is complete in your case. IIRC, you outright refuse to even play any characters other than your favorites anyway, so why should you care? "I don't like Roy, so Nintendo is wasting a dlc slot".

At best, it's selfish. At worst, it's childish.

Edited by shadowofchaos

the more successful DLC characters are, the more likely they'd want to make more of them, anyways

if anything you should be hoping that Roy is super popular and makes Nintendo loads of cash

I for one welcome Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu and our mystery newcomer with open arms no matter who they are. And anyone after this.

This is a golden opportunity, not everyone is gonna like all the dlc characters, this isn't a new concept. (Although if you like casual and tourney play both like me you'll have to buy em all no matter what).

We have 50+ all stars from not only Nintendo but three other companies (so far) outside Nintendos full ownership, if people can still find something they can't like out of this full roster. Why are you even playing a Nintendo console in the first place?

The selfish (we need different dlc) shuns those who WANT it.

Idea: who thinks we'll be getting fighter bundles, potentially with Lucas, Roy, and Ryu in the first bundle?

Evidence 1: Mii outfits have been released in a bundle, albeit also buyable individually.

Evidence 2: Lucas hasn't been priced, even though you'd expect him to be the same price as any other individual fighter (Mewtwo), suggesting there's more to it.

Evidence 3: Roy's and Ryu's victory themes were found alongside Lucas' in the game data.

Mewtwo came free for buyers of both versions of the game, so it wouldn't have made sense to bundle him with others, but even before any DLC was announced my idea was that we'd be getting packs of some sort like we did for Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. It seems a pretty strong possibility to me.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I feel like there probably isn't enough volume of new fighters to justify a bundle, rather than consistent releases of a fighter every couple months.

Although if Nintendo makes the bet that people will have lost interest in a year or two, so sell as much as you can now, the calculus would probably be different...

basically I don't see bundles as being likely, but I'm definitely not ruling them out, either.

Idea: who thinks we'll be getting fighter bundles, potentially with Lucas, Roy, and Ryu in the first bundle?Evidence 1: Mii outfits have been released in a bundle, albeit also buyable individually.Evidence 2: Lucas hasn't been priced, even though you'd expect him to be the same price as any other individual fighter (Mewtwo), suggesting there's more to it.Evidence 3: Roy's and Ryu's victory themes were found alongside Lucas' in the game data.Mewtwo came free for buyers of both versions of the game, so it wouldn't have made sense to bundle him with others, but even before any DLC was announced my idea was that we'd be getting packs of some sort like we did for Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. It seems a pretty strong possibility to me.

I could see bundles being a thing, it would be nice honestly.

I want to see Agnes shout "Unacceptable!" as a taunt. <3

I want to see Agnes shout "Unacceptable!" as a taunt. <3

I want to see Ringabel spout pickup lines as a taunt.

Neku would have pretty okay lines as well..."Any last words?" "That's how it's done."

tbh I'd kind of like Shadow as a fighter, just for his taunts. "You're not even good enough to be my fake."

taunts are cool

edit: thanks jedi

[4/19/15, 2:37:41 AM] Jedi: Shadow taunts

[4/19/15, 2:37:43 AM] Jedi: Worth

[4/19/15, 2:37:59 AM] Jedi: "I'm the coolest"

Edited by Euklyd

I want to see Ringabel spout pickup lines as a taunt.Neku would have pretty okay lines as well..."Any last words?" "That's how it's done."tbh I'd kind of like Shadow as a fighter, just for his taunts. "You're not even good enough to be my fake."taunts are cooledit: thanks jedi[4/19/15, 2:37:41 AM] Jedi: Shadow taunts[4/19/15, 2:37:43 AM] Jedi: Worth[4/19/15, 2:37:59 AM] Jedi: "I'm the coolest"

Haha, I totally would dig Shadow as a second Sega character, although NiGHTS would be pretty legit, or some Sakura Wars, Streets of Rage person etc etc.

Sonic bias would make me like Shadow or Knuckles though, Shadow has his various chaos powers to be different then Sonic, Knuckles has his different attributes, as well as his brawler/digger styles.

knuckles should've been in brawl, since there was gliding there

#BringBackGlide2k15

knuckles should've been in brawl, since there was gliding there#BringBackGlide2k15

You could just have it work as part of his recovery or a jump like Peaches float.